Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts So Far

Thoughts So Far

So, a few weeks in and it's obvious to me the game had no beta test. They made plenty of their dev money up with founders packs, so rather than focusing on making the Legendary and other packages available to all (which they tout as some kind of treat for us, but it's just so they can make more money quickly), they need to get their house in order with all the bugs so the game is actually playable to all.

There are simply way too many issues that make this launch seem like a simple money grab and like there was no testing done to warrant high marks in the play store. I've posted a 1-star review. Hopefully this will get their attention. I urge you to do the same until they post a general response to us on the forum or the Play/iTunes store.

We all love the band, but the nostalgia and excitement wear off very quickly if the next update fails to provide some significant changes that will actually make the game playable. Enough is enough.
    Now I'm just constantly thinking that they should have at least released El Dorado Eddie before sailing away in their lifeboats.

Lamia and mods: PLEASE at least post the date and details for the next update so we are not all just simmering in our frustration and end up planning a mass exodus.

OS
    Android
    I don't know, man. I don't see many posts planning a mass "exodus". It is true that the game has a lot of bugs, it's also true that there's practically no communication with the dev team, but I think most of us prefere to give them the benefit of the doubt.

The game was tested before global launch. And as far as we know the company behind the game had some issues with "attacks" (DDos I assume) so the game was even more unstable.

I think most of us here are grown ups, driven by a nostalgia as you say, and that's why there hasn't been a lot of trash talk here.

The game has been launched globally for a month, 31 days give or take, maybe they were not expecting this many players, maybe they did but they do not care. It's simply to early to know.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until I see an official response on my Grinding post. After that, if I think that they are not as interested in the game as we are I will change my rating, and most likely ask for a refund. But one month is too early to know what's their plan, let's give them some time. They deserve it, the game is amazing
    when we are able to play it :P.

OS
    Android
    I have to agree with Gonzo here. I have no plans to abandon the game. I love the gameplay and the battle mechanics. Really looking forward to Arena and new worlds too.

All I want is an acknowledgement of the major issues alot of us seem to be having, and a commitment to fix in timely manner. It's all about communication, they are able to tweet about the new legendary pack over the weekend, so surely they can respond to what is becoming an issue for many players.

You may see that I've managed to buy the legendary pack today in one of the brief moments I could get in to the game, the reason being I do want to support the game. And will do in the future too. But i hope they will be more open and communicate with the user base.

Cheers

Kevin

OS
    iOS
    We will see, lots of exploits and broken mechanics to exploit if this goes PvP in arena. The blue allied soldier is retarded broken for example. There are character combinations we haven't seen yet that should be either invincible or extremely OP, and of course there are issues that if whatever douchebag you come across doesn't want to play you or wants to troll you, they have the ability to crash the game. Lots of ways to tie someone into an endless battle whereby they would stop playing and let you win. Not to mention the bottle neck right now of collecting shards and talismans.

OS
    Android
    Wait... Did they say it was going to be LIVE PVP???? I serioulsy doubt that.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Wait... Did they say it was going to be LIVE PVP???? I serioulsy doubt that.
    They didn't, I simply assumed that's what the arena was going to be. Is that not the case?

OS
    Android
    Here's what I have to say:

I love the game. Being an Iron Maiden fan I have really dedicated time and money to this, and it has been really fun so far. The soundtrack, graphics, references... All that is really good.

But I agree with everyone with the fact that the game is FULL of bugs and server issues that make us feel frustrated because we really want this game to succeed and have fun for months or years.

My major issue was (and I've already mentioned it a LOT here on the forums) that I couldn't go on with the game after my old account faced the Facebook Login issue, I lost everything and started again a few days ago. I was told I would be given some Ironite to make up for what I lost (including a starter pack I paid for) but so far I haven't received anything.

As I said, I love the game. But things like not knowing exactly what's going on with the devs or when are things going to get fixed are bringing the game down.

I'm more than willing to pay to play this thing, as long as I get a guarantee that I will be able to play without further major problems.

Let's hope everything gets fixed soon.

Cheers!

JP (RisenOsiris-7568)
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave, I don't wanna die, I'm a god why can't I live on!

Champions: Soldier Eddie (Lvl. 100), Assassin Possessed Mine (Lvl. 100), The Nomad (almost lvl. 100)

RisenOsiris-7856

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    They didn't, I simply assumed that's what the arena was going to be. Is that not the case?

I don't think so. Live PVP hasn't been around in mobile games since forever. I'm thinking more of a set your team/climb a ladder kinda PVP.

Live is just to messy. But we'll have to wait and see.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    I don't think so. Live PVP hasn't been around in mobile games since forever. I'm thinking more of a set your team/climb a ladder kinda PVP.

Live is just to messy. But we'll have to wait and see.
    That could work. I don't think a Live PVP would be the best idea, at least not until everything is fixed.

A possibility is something like what the game TWD: No Man's Land has done: all players select their characters, and you can fight against the other players' teams, but not live... The characters of your opponent are controlled by the AI. Just an idea...
    Tell me why I had to be a Powerslave, I don't wanna die, I'm a god why can't I live on!

Champions: Soldier Eddie (Lvl. 100), Assassin Possessed Mine (Lvl. 100), The Nomad (almost lvl. 100)

RisenOsiris-7856

OS
    Android
    Haven't played that game. But Ladder PVP is the most common one. And, IMO, the best.