OS
    iOS

Part 2. Weekly reset

I said I'll give non beta players 2 weekly refreshes to realize it, first is just shock, and are not fully aware of what just happend.

Intro (or what do we have now) : name of the game is 'Who wants to be an Eternal'.

Part 2. (Please note that I was sitting on 8th, and then again 7th place in beta, now top 25, so it does concern me to. Be proud for you are top players and don't turn into crybabies)

The weekly reset is way off as well.

The week of run for it ends, table is due to reset. And so it does. Top players are awarded for their grind with rewards, but that's not all, let's give them some rest. For that we have them start at 1900 points. wtf? So what do we do? We refill our sands of war and kick ass on Sunday and Monday in particular to gain great point advantage where we shall appear rarely on attack list and the rest of the week is just keeping the distance while those behind grind for 100 pts up 100 pts down getting nowhere. Sorry, but that is just how it is and the best players can confirm it.

To me, being no1 is more or less unimportant. To me, the name of the game is 'collect 2300 points', because that's where all the good prizes are. So I don't see how that much advantage is fair to all. Oh yeah, week after week, not all due to their luck with souls and indisputable skills or ironite, but also due to this system, same ppl are on top, collecting prizes so don't bother trying.

Proposition (It's not absolute, and is rough around the edges, but try to view it from lower ranked perspective and stay proud for you are the top players):

When you first enter the arena you start with 1000 pts. Every week should be a new run, so if you don't make it this week, you don't have to spend 2 weeks just adjusting your tier so you can start with decent points. It's time consuming and boring. And yes, hard grinders should be rewarded but not that much.

So I propose Sunday reset as it goes: basic 1000 + 5% of previous week points earned.
    So if you have 5000 pts like top players do, they start at 1250.
    With 2500 pts I start with 1125 pts.
    If I ended with 1600 pts I start with 1080 pts.
    If I ended up with 900 pts due to not playing at all, I start with a 1000 a new week with a new chance.
    And the ranking is kept in order.

That's what I call a reset and bringing ppl closer together! Now we can have a run for 2500 points and prizes. If nobody makes it, who cares, no rewards and please try again. But as I can see from looking at the list it's not a problem as we can pick up 3000 pts with ease.

OS
    iOS
    As a non-beta player I wasn't in shock, but on the contrary suprised I didn't start with 1000 points again, which I suspected everybody to do.

Is it stated anywhere how exactly the reset works at the moment? Or might somebopdy have the curtosy to explain it

I agree, it is flawed as it is. If the requirements were all absolute it would be fine in a sense of rewarding past accomplishments. With relative requirements (player ranks) it only widens the gap each week.
    Max-1851

OS
    Android
    the idea is okay, but i belive you haven't taken the ridiculous point system enough into account (btw: this would deserve an extra chapter).
    if we all start so low again, it would be even harder to get 2300 points. as i stated before removing the 2300 points needed and give the rewards away only due to a specific rank would do it too. only then we could realize your idea and there would be more balance in the game. now the system favours the big guns much to much. but it's a nice mirror of your society, the rich are getting richer, and the rest is staying poor

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    the idea is okay, but i belive you haven't taken the ridiculous point system enough into account (btw: this would deserve an extra chapter).
    if we all start so low again, it would be even harder to get 2300 points. as i stated before removing the 2300 points needed and give the rewards away only due to a specific rank would do it too. only then we could realize your idea and there would be more balance in the game. now the system favours the big guns much to much. but it's a nice mirror of your society, the rich are getting richer, and the rest is staying poor
    That's why I will not go into pointing system, too much for me. But, we have all started with a 1000 days ago. I saw no problem getting 2300, you? Meeting both conditions to gain prizes is discutable, I'm more with you here.
    Last edited by Caretaker; 02-19-2017 at 05:12 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
    That's why I will not go into pointing system, too much for me. But, we have all started with a 1000 days ago. I saw no problem getting 2300, you? Meeting both conditions to gain prizes is discutable, I'm more with you here.
    since i try to play optimal and not spend ironite if not absolutly necessary it was even too hard for me to get 2100 points due to 308 attacks against me. so i stucked with approx. 1950 points. okay it was the first week, but this system is flawed. why should we play three weeks before getting the maximum potential? seems very weird to me. so the question is how far do the devs want us to come without spending? sure they have to earn money, and that's good for the game in total. so it's again a matter of balance. P2W vs. F2P. for me it's a personal chouce since the game is so time consuming that i cannot see a reason to refill and spend even more time in front of this game....

nontheless i think right now pay to win is too much of a factor right now. in longterm this could hurt a good and healthy PVP environment imo.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Bumping it up

OS
    iOS
    I sort of agree with your points and reset approach - not sure about the numbers but I like the approach and it is fairer than what we have at the moment. Not sure about the 5% add on, maybe should be more but I think a flatish reset is fairer to more people on lower tiers and I think it would open things up a lot to a wider base each week.

Saying that it would hurt the top 25/top 50 a lot more than everyone else - but I guess it is just 25 people and not hundreds or thousands.

This week I am actually benefitting (for the first time ever) from far less attacks on me than I am making on others - not sure why I have changed this week but it is so much easier after reaching Warlord last week to stay high up as I am in or around the top 10 for the first (and probably only) time.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    Last week I abused this system and the attack lists generation and positioned myself high enough to have a peaceful week.

This week I shall not do this because I don't support that sort of system, and though I see the same prize hungry names making their run again, it is how it is and it is out there, so anyone can try. And those guys have nothing on you, they just make an effort on the beginning of the week. So go for it!

This is the way of not being attacked due to the generation of the attack lists.
    Last edited by Caretaker; 04-09-2017 at 11:56 AM.