Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    You are doing GREAT! Never seen someone with this many points this time of the week.

Hope you can go one place better than me without The Prisoner.

I will not join the party this week so I will cheer for you!

Good luck! And be prepared to play fast if Jofer decides to go after you. (Donīt know how Nicko plays)
    The week I was #1 in PvP was the least fun I've had in this game

ShaolinLondo and I have already chatted - no threat from me this week

I'll say the first week of PvP Killhouse made a mad tear up the charts late in the game so you can never rest on your laurels. Would not count Jofer or Sag out yet, but with the lead ShaolinLondo has he will be tough for anyone to catch
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Cheers guys, all that I want is establish a new record and write a new chapter in pvp story. Let's see how it goes, still two days ahead.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    The week I was #1 in PvP was the least fun I've had in this game

ShaolinLondo and I have already chatted - no threat from me this week

I'll say the first week of PvP Killhouse made a mad tear up the charts late in the game so you can never rest on your laurels. Would not count Jofer or Sag out yet, but with the lead ShaolinLondo has he will be tough for anyone to catch
    Killhouse is damn fast too. Hope he comes back. Also PizzaFriday.

You can never rest once you are up there, and the point system is a killer.

But I have to admit I get excited by it, lots of adrenaline I suppose. For a second I got tempted to go after Shaolinlondon myself, but I wont.

Yeah... I forgot about Sag... heīs been quiet...

I wish someone put up some resistance, Itīs fun to watch. Anyone noticed the battle for 10th last week? Silentknight got over FallenAngel by a single point!
    Last edited by gmac; 02-23-2017 at 07:35 PM.

OS
    iOS

PVP just isn't interesting

I have to agree, the week I went eternal was an not a great experience with the Beast.

The time spent climbing just to watch points disappear as you tried to sleep or work or spend time with family or just relax... then you come back and claw your way back up... bad thoughts are coming back.

That Saturday I think I had to play non-stop till reset to finish 1st. At least that was only the second or third week of the beta so a lot of the Common teams you see now weren't all you saw, people were still trying new combinations out.

I have no idea how you consistently achieve a top 5 place each week Nicko. Much respect for your dedication.

I'm just not finding this system rewarding both PVP and PVE are grind grind grind.
    In PVP it's taunt fest and luck fest to get the better tailisman procs and the first attack. Seems like every team has a Mummy or SSD and then prisoner or siege. I'm no exception because the game punishes you for trying to use other characters that maybe don't have enough AI programmed to not go full retard.
    In PVE its auto game of death or LoL till the sand is gone...

As addicted as I am (played since July and maybe missed using troopers less than 5 times) I feel like it's only a matter of time for me.
    Souls cost too much for the odds of actually getting anything good,
    Trooper points are a slog and time sink to be rewarded with more souls that don't reward anything of value more than one in 50? 70?
    Even skill shards are forced to be used on the current OP character if you want to compete in PVP, and then watch as that character is nerfed (wasting all those shards). You can't really use them on characters that would be fun, or interesting to add variety.
    Iron coins... anyone whose made a push for top 25 will know that you end up sitting on a large stockpile that you can't spend even if you wanted to. I'm up to 16k and at what's available weekly I don't need to PVP for a very long time. There should be more offered in the shop or less restrictions since soon most players will easily be earning more that can be spent.

Maybe Brave New Workd will help? Maybe some more mini events like the Halloween one where souls actually felt like you saw one more than every few days. Maybe sacrifice to help players get the characters they want instead of their 5th duplicate of the character that seems locked to your account (Visions I'n looking at you).

Anyway enough ranting by a tired player. See you in the arena for now! There's been lots of improvemts so I will stay hopeful.

OS
    iOS
    I agree completely PMKillhouse, although I reckon PVP is better than PVE because there's at least a chance you'll lose if you go second. Personally I'm holding on for Sacrifice and the opportunity to turn all those hoarded resources into something useful. Maybe.

OS
    Android
    I want to make Killhouse`s words mine to.

Im being really tired of the PvP, no solutions from devs to simple problems.

Im the one like a few others here that have been chosen to be a f****** punching bag appearing on everyone's list. Have no prisoner, no warrior troll, no sentinel allied bomber boy, no sentinel souless demon... what make it even worse.
    I was attacked 311 times until now and this scenario make things very frustrating couse I need to spend lots of ironite that I cant recover from dailys.
    Last week, just in the few arena days I was attacked 274 times.

What the hell is wrong in here? No matter what rank Im in.
    Devs just do nothing about it and Im about to stop playing this, very discouraging.

EDIT: I was attacked two more times while writing this reply...
    EDIT 2: 328.
    Last edited by HomemLivre; 02-24-2017 at 01:58 AM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    I wish someone put up some resistance, Itīs fun to watch. Anyone noticed the battle for 10th last week? Silentknight got over FallenAngel by a single point!
    LOL,one of my troopers too! Lost 10th in beta same way,1 pt. or 10 sec. Match carried over to next week.
    Lotsa action around 10th!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post
    I have to agree, the week I went eternal was an not a great experience with the Beast.

The time spent climbing just to watch points disappear as you tried to sleep or work or spend time with family or just relax... then you come back and claw your way back up... bad thoughts are coming back.

That Saturday I think I had to play non-stop till reset to finish 1st. At least that was only the second or third week of the beta so a lot of the Common teams you see now weren't all you saw, people were still trying new combinations out.

I have no idea how you consistently achieve a top 5 place each week Nicko. Much respect for your dedication.

I'm just not finding this system rewarding both PVP and PVE are grind grind grind.
    In PVP it's taunt fest and luck fest to get the better tailisman procs and the first attack. Seems like every team has a Mummy or SSD and then prisoner or siege. I'm no exception because the game punishes you for trying to use other characters that maybe don't have enough AI programmed to not go full retard.
    In PVE its auto game of death or LoL till the sand is gone...

As addicted as I am (played since July and maybe missed using troopers less than 5 times) I feel like it's only a matter of time for me.
    Souls cost too much for the odds of actually getting anything good,
    Trooper points are a slog and time sink to be rewarded with more souls that don't reward anything of value more than one in 50? 70?
    Even skill shards are forced to be used on the current OP character if you want to compete in PVP, and then watch as that character is nerfed (wasting all those shards). You can't really use them on characters that would be fun, or interesting to add variety.
    Iron coins... anyone whose made a push for top 25 will know that you end up sitting on a large stockpile that you can't spend even if you wanted to. I'm up to 16k and at what's available weekly I don't need to PVP for a very long time. There should be more offered in the shop or less restrictions since soon most players will easily be earning more that can be spent.

Maybe Brave New Workd will help? Maybe some more mini events like the Halloween one where souls actually felt like you saw one more than every few days. Maybe sacrifice to help players get the characters they want instead of their 5th duplicate of the character that seems locked to your account (Visions I'n looking at you).

Anyway enough ranting by a tired player. See you in the arena for now! There's been lots of improvemts so I will stay hopeful.
    Unfortunately - this is one of the best assessments I've read of the current state of things.

And being Top 5 is much easier on the mental health than gunning for number one
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    There's always going to be the problem that there's a best team. Maybe you get some rock-paper-scissors for different team types, but if you look at the way other games play out, be it computer games or trading card games, there's always a best team or a best deck. The only way that changes is with a change in the characters or cards available, be it through adjustments to the existing characters, removing some characters or introducing new ones. But then it quickly switches to the new best team.

Perhaps a way to introduce variety is to have the players create attack and defense teams consisting of 2 Eddies and 6 Allies, and then when you fight, you use a randomly chosen team of 1 Eddie and 3 Allies. Not perfect, but it would at least stir the pot some more and maybe result in more entertaining battles.

OS
    Android
    hmm that would result in even more randomnes. and with all the dupes you wouldn't see any differences.
    There are already "Party Costs", i don't get it why they not simply use them.
    That would only solve one of many problems of PvP but it would be a start at least
    Kutte-9404