Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Getting rid of and preventing enemy buffs 101

Accurate as of December 23

Gunner Lord of Light is Invincible again? Can't break through a mob of Assassin Golden Sons casting Endure? Well, this thread can hopefully provide all your answers! In this guide I will be looking at all characters in the game that can either steal, block, or remove beneficial effects. I hope this helps you in picking characters for your team!
    Do tell me if there's anything which is incorrect.
    A big thank you to all the people who contributed to the 'Compilation of Maximized Characters' thread, where I got the information from, but to Slauki in particular.

Note that Beneficial Effects, Positive Effects, and buffs mean the same thing. Additionally, buff removers cannot remove Immortality (Mystic Eddie/Immortality Talismans), Ghost (Carriage Rider, Magus Lord of Light) or Ascension (Mystic Eddie).

Talismans
    Void (Shield/Barrier). 3 set, 35% chance to trigger Void Shield to all allies on Perfect Attacks. Void Shield reduces physical and magic damage taken by 50% and reflects physical and magic damage as true damage to all enemies, with a 35% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. Available in Underworld.
    Lightning (Arcane/Power/Sorcery). 4 set, grants Lightning Skill to wearer. (10 Power: 3 hits of magic damage to all enemies. 25% Chance to Shock on each hit. 25% Chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on each hit.) Available in Brave New World.
    Purge (Will/Bulwark/Onslaught): 3 set. 20% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on the target and Heal yourself on Perfect attacks.

Eddies:

Run to the Hills Eddie:
    Disarming Attack: Single target. Deals single target damage with a 30% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects, and a 30% chance to Disable Passive for 1 turn(55% with Skill Shards)
    - Not bad, but a little bit outclassed.

Shaman Eddie:
    Rending Split: AoE. Deals 3 hits of single target physical damage with a 30% (70% with Skill Shards) chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. 100% Chance to Remove All Shields from target, and gain an Extra Turn if a Shield is removed.
    - Shaman Eddie is an offensive buff monster, but he can debuff if he wants.

Fear of the Dark Eddie:
    Purging Strike (6PWR): AoE. Deals AoE physical damage with a 60% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. Beneficial Effects guaranteed to be removed if the enemy is below 50% HP. Damage scales with DEF.
    Spread Terror (5PWR): AoE. Inflicts Perfect Corruption (blocks all Beneficial Effects & cannot be transferred or cleansed) for 2 turns, with 50% chance for an Extra Turn.
    - Spread Terror is NASTY, and Purging Strike can be very efficient. Some very reliable options.

Pharaoh Eddie:
    Ruin: Single target. Deals single target true damage that scales with DEF and MAX HP. Removes up to 2 Beneficial Effects if target has Immunity.
    - This RULES for PVP. An actual reason for Pharaoh to use Ruin instead of Mend that isn't for damage.

Viking Eddie:
    Loot: Single target. Deals single target true damage, Steals a Beneficial Effect, and heals 15% of MAX HP for each buff stolen.
    - Guaranteed buff steal? Awesome!

Visions Eddie:
    Take: AoE. Deals AoE magic damage with a 40% chance to Remove up to 3 Beneficial Effects from enemies.
    - People say this nerfed Visions, but I'm not so sure considering it's now AoE. The remove chance got buffed again recently so that's nice. Of course RNG is RNG so don't be surprised when some times you'll remove no buffs at all!

Edward the Great:
    Conquest: Single target, deals single target magic damage that scales with enemy MR and Removes Counterstrike and Guard Shield on enemy. Gain Immunity for 2 turns if an effect is removed.

Carriage Rider Eddie:
    Black Embrace (Fury): AoE. Deals AoE magic damage, Removes Beneficial Effects from enemies and lowers their stats. Raises All Stats of allies.
    - This got me through the Troll wave of Talisman Hoard back when the Trolls were offensive powerhouses. IMO the second-most useful Fury in the game.

Speed of Light Eddie:
    Twisted Trade (3PWR): AoE? Deals AoE magic damage with a 30% chance to Steal a Beneficial Effect to self. Steal chance increased to 40% with Skill Shards.
    Compile (3PWR): AoE. Steals Power and Blocks Beneficial Effects for 2 turns.
    - Compile is great for the Gunner dungeon, and probably the Assassin one too. SoL is great support as always.

Cyborg Eddie:
    Scan (5PWR): AoE. 45% chance to Steal Beneficial Effects, heals 15% of HP for every removed beneficial effect, deals single target true damage that scales with SPECIAL. Buff steal chance increases to 55% with Skill Shards.
    - Way more reliable now that the skill is AoE.

Aces High Eddie:
    Do or Die: Single target. Deals single target physical damage, and Removes One Beneficial Effect. Inflicts Permadeath on targets with Immortality, Endure, or Ghost.
    - Nice to have in the Arena I'm sure.

Navigator Eddie:
    Dead Reckoning (6PWR): AoE. Deals 6 hits of random damage, with a 20% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on random enemy each hit, 20% chance to inflict Grievous Burn on random enemy each hit. Effect chance increases to 35% with Skill Shards.
    - Navigator's ace in the hole. Superb damage, and lots of nice chances for good extra effects. High Power cost though.
    Crashing Rock (5PWR): Single target. Deals random damage, and inflicts Heal Block and Perfect Corruption (blocks all Beneficial Effects & cannot be transferred or cleansed) for 2 turns. Heal Block and Perfect Corruption lasts 3 turns with Skill Shard use.
    - Also very nasty. Excellent counter to Torch users and things like Aset.

Eternity Eddie:
    Parting Blows: Single target. Deals 2 hits of single target true damage with a 35% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects each hit.
    - Can't complain here.

Best Eddies for blocking or getting rid of buffs: Fear of the Dark, Viking, Visions, Carriage Rider, Speed of Light, Navigator

Eternals:
    The Clairvoyant:
    Divine: AoE. Deals AoE magic damage with an 80% chance to Remove One Beneficial Effect from each enemy.
    - The Clairvoyant is an amazing supporter, and this is just one of the reasons.

Troopers:
    Lady Azov:
    False Angel: single target, deals 3 hits of single target true damage with a 20% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on each hit. The final hit Heals all allies based on MAX HP.
    Warlord:
    Sniper (Passive): Removes a random Beneficial Effect on each enemy at the start of the battle. Gain Perfect Immortality for 1 turn if Perfect Immunity is active at the start of your turn.

Wrath:
    Savage Strike: Deals AoE physical and magic damage with a 45% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. Heals you for 15% of your MAX HP for every Mark on the targets.
    - Especially great if you've Marked people beforehand.
    Last edited by Kardas; 12-23-2017 at 09:39 AM. Reason: XMas
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Allies:

Warrior:
    Rocket Dog:
    Tackle (3PWR): Single target. Deals single target true damage that scales with MAX HP with a 45% Chance (65% with Skill Shards) to Remove Beneficial Effects, and a 35% (55% with Skill Shards) chance to Stun for 2 turns.
    - Extra utility for this move now

Pharaoh Sun Spirit:
    Disquiet: AoE. Deals AoE physical damage with a 35% (55% with Skill Shards) chance to heal and Block Beneficial Effects on enemies for 1 turn
    - That and the heal chances are part of the PSS’s charm

Golden Son:
    Mar (5PWR): AoE. Deals AoE physical damage, Blocks Beneficial Effects for 1 turn, and has a 50% chance to grant AoE Immunity for 1 turn. Immunity chance increased to 100% for 2 turns, as well as buff blocking for 2 turns, with Skill Shards

Pyro Soldier:
    Flame: AoE. Deals AoE true damage with a 65% (85% with Skill Shards) chance to inflict Flame (DoT true damage with a chance to Remove buffs each turn) for 2 turns (3 turns with Skill Shards)
    - A bit RNG-reliant, but can be nasty

Wickerdog King:
    Thieve (5PWR): Single target. Deals single target true damage and Steals Beneficial Effects. Also a 45% chance to Lower their DEF for 2 turns
    - Better with the Assassin Troll, but still good

Possessed Rockets:
    Launch (3PWR): AoE? Deals 2 hits of physical AoE(?) damage with a 30% (45% with Skill Shards) chance to Block Beneficial Effects for 2 turns.
    - Seems luck-reliant

Desert Warrior:
    Mad Dance (3PWR): Single target. Deals single target physical damage, inflicts Permadeath for 2 turns and has a 30% (45% with Skill Shards) chance to Remove Beneficial Effects
    - The Permadeath is a nice bonus, but on its own, the buff removal is a bit unreliable

Harpy:
    Blaze: Deals single target physical damage that scales with the SPECIAL stat, with a 50% (100% with Skill Shards) chance to inflict 2 Physical Burns on the enemy for 2 turns (3 turns with Skill Shards), and remove a Beneficial Effect
    - Harpy got buffs!

Undead Rescuer:
    Guide: Single target. Single target physical damage with a 50% (75% with Skill Shards) chance to Steal Positive Effects and a 35% chance to heal 15% (60% chance to heal 60& of HP with Skill Shards) of MAX HP
    - The Warrior Undead Rescuer is an excellent character, and this is now one of the better buff stealers

Newborn of Light:
    Exodus: Single target. Deals single target physical damage with a 75% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. Lowers target's DEF for 2 turns
    - Too bad the buff removal chance got nerfed

Crimson Hourglass:
    Dust: Single target? Deals 3 hits of physical damage that scales with DEF, with a 50% chance to Block Beneficial Effects for 2 turns

Undead Allied Soldier:
    Unload: Single target. Deals single target physical damage with a 75% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects
    - Fun early game option

Sentinel:
    Dog of War:
    Ruin: Single target. Deals single target true damage that scales with DEF and MAX HP. Removes up to 2 Beneficial Effects if target has Immunity
    - Very nice, if niche, for PVP
    Tackle (3PWR): Single target. Deals single target true damage that scales with MAX HP with a 45% Chance (65% with Skill Shards) to Remove Beneficial Effects, and a 35% (55% with Skill Shards) chance to Stun for 2 turns.
    - Extra utility for this move now

Hellraiser:
    Foul Play (5PWR): AoE. Deals 3 hits of AoE physical damage with a 25% chance (35% with Skill Shards) to Remove One Beneficial Effect per hit
    - A lesser version of Navigator Eddie's Dead Reckoning

Trickster:
    Bandit: single target. Deals 2 hits of single target physical damage, stealing one buff and transferring one debuff to the enemy
    - Sounds fun!

Alliance General:
    Command: Single target. Deals single target physical damage that scales with HP, and Steals a Beneficial Effect, with a 50% chance to Steal an extra Beneficial Effect, and a 50% chance to Steal Power and Fury. Steal chance increases to 70% with Skill Shards
    - Makes Alliance General useful again

Allied Soldier:
    Blitz: Single target. Deals 4 hits of magic damage, with a 25% (60% with Skill Shards) chance to Remove Beneficial Effects on each hit
    - I beat NotB on Normal by complete accident with this guy, back when this could remove The Beast’s Class Change status. Unfortunately that got patched out, but this is still a very reliable skill that teams up well with the Allied Soldier’s excellent heal + Cleanse Power move. Damage is low though

Pyro Soldier:
    Flame: AoE. Deals AoE true damage with a 65% chance to inflict Flame (DoT true damage with a chance to Remove Beneficial Effects each turn) for 2 turns. Increases to 85% chance and lasts 3 turns with Skill Shards
    - A bit RNG-reliant, but this can be nasty. Will deal less damage than with the Warrior

Hourglass:
    Expire: Single target. Deals AoE physical and magic damage with a 50% chance (65% with Skill Shards) to Block Beneficial Effects
    - See Assassin Mine

Undead Rescuer:
    Strand: AoE. Deals AoE magic damage with a 75% chance to Block Beneficial Effects and a 35% chance to heal 15% of MAX HP
    Escape (4 PWR): Single target. Cleanses and heals all allies for 10% of their MAX HP. Removes Beneficial Effects from an enemy
    - Both skills are reliable. Again, the Sentinel Rescuer is a fantastic supporter. Keep in mind that his damage is low

Val, Valkyrie Guardian:
    Starblind: AoE. Deals AoE random damage with a 35% chance to Lower Accuracy and/or Block Beneficial Effects for 1 turn. Effect chance increased to 60% and lasts 2 turns with Skill Shards

Hellraiser:
    Temper (6 PWR): single target. Deals 3 hits of single target magic damage. Remove Immunity effects from target, and gain an Extra Turn if Immunity is removed. Grants AoE Accuracy Up
    - Like Pharaoh Eddie, a niche buff remover

The Witch Doctor:
    Angered Spirits (6PWR): Random targets. Deals 5 hits of true damage to random enemies. Inflicts Doom, Silence, or Block Beneficial Effects on damaged enemies, and instantly gain an Extra Turn
    - This is really great if the enemy has no Immunity

Mayan Priestess:
    Treachery: Single target. Deals 2 hits of single target physical damage with a 35% chance (45% with Skill Shards) to Steal a Beneficial Effect per hit
    - Cool alternate option to Warrior and Assassin Newborns

Magus:
    Corrupt General:
    Combust (Fury): Single target. Deals massive single target magic damage, and grants the General a Damage Reduction Shield. Deals additional true damage based on the number of buffs on the target and consumes those effects
    - Corrupt General joins MCR in the Magus buff remover crowd now. Looks good on paper

Corrupt Rescuer:
    Sweep: Single target. Deals single target magic damage with a 50% chance (65% chance with Skill Shards) to Steal Beneficial Effects
    - Too bad the buff steal chance got nerfed

Chopper:
    Final Touch (6PWR): Single target. Steal all buffs from target and transfer all debuffs to them. Inflicts Perfect Corruption for 2 turns and a 30% chance for an Extra Turn.

(Gunners, Assassins, and outdated ranking moved to my next post in the thread)
    Last edited by Kardas; 12-23-2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: XMas
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Great list here, Kardas! Sentinel Undead Rescuer is my favorite buff blocker/cleansing toon. He's quite helpful for PVP. Shame his damage is incredibly low, but if he actually hit hard, then everyone would use him.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    iOS
    Hey Kardas, excellent work and so very useful, thank you so much.

One point you missed for the Sentinel Allied Solidier is that for his Power move "Recover", he "Heals all Allies" and "Removes Negative Effects from Allies".

OS
    iOS
    Thank you brother Kardas for another one of your excellent write ups! Very well done!

I can't wait to read your write up on how to effectively use burn/mark teams.
    Jomsvikings/thanos-2148

OS
    Android
    Man I think it's time to put my assassin troll to use then didn't think he was as op as red troll. Anyone know a good talisman set to put on him? Also does his steal beneficial effects steal ALL effects or only one target?

Thanks
    treeb0mbb-9454

Great write-up, these breakdowns are much appreciated Kardas!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by treeb0mbb View Post
    Man I think it's time to put my assassin troll to use then didn't think he was as op as red troll. Anyone know a good talisman set to put on him? Also does his steal beneficial effects steal ALL effects or only one target?

Thanks
    I believe he steals all of them. He's one hell of a great toon for his skillset and his amazing passive. I wish I had one myself tbh. Until then, I'll have to make do with my Warrior Axis Bomber Boy.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    Cyborg Eddie:
    Scan (6PWR): Single target. 45% chance to Steal Beneficial Effects, heals 15% of HP for every removed beneficial effect, deals single target true damage that scales with SPECIAL.
    A cool option, but not very reliable.
    Absolutely not reliable i'd say. Around 50 times tried to save my ass with Scan, since I >98% of times attack with him and made it around 2 times. Stay away from Cyborg.

Great post as always kardas.
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by treeb0mbb View Post

Thanks
    All effects from one target.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills