Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Great write-up, Kardas! Thanks, it really helps reading it here instead of going through all the skills of the characters.

I didn't notice in the first place, from the thread you did about possessed mines, that the Assassin Possessed Mine blocking effect affects only one enemy. I often use yours on Gunner LoL day, about last week I got one of my own, and started leveling it. Strange, I hope it's a bug, as it would be a pity to not have that effect on all enemies.
    I wish for a talisman type converter

OS
    Android
    Gunner:
    Possessed Mine:
    Expire: Single target. Deals AoE physical and magic damage with a 50% (65% with Skill Shards) chance to Block Beneficial Effects
    - See Assassin Mine

Demon Spawn:
    Bore: Single target. Deals 2 hits of single target physical damage that scales with DEF and has a 30% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects per hit

Assassin:
    Troll:
    Thieve (5PWR): Single target. Deals single target true damage and Steals Beneficial Effects. Also a 45% chance to Lower their DEF for 2 turns
    - Better thanks to the Troll's Passive

Undead Axis Gunner:
    Thieve (5PWR): Single target. Deals single target true damage and Steals Beneficial Effects. Also a 45% chance to Lower their DEF for 2 turns
    - Better with the Assassin Troll, but still good

Axis Bomber Boy:
    Break (5PWR): 50% Chance to AoE Remove 2 Beneficial Effects and a 50% Chance to AoE inflict Permadeath (75% with Skill Shards). AoE Lowers DEF. Effect duration increased by 2 with Skill Shards.

Death Dog:
    Isolate (Passive): Multi-target. Removes Beneficial Effects from up to 2 enemies every turn
    - Random, but interesting

Possessed Mine:
    Expire: Single target. Deals AoE physical and magic damage with a 50% chance (65% Chance with Skill Shards) to Block Beneficial Effects
    - Probably the best Expire user in the game, and the Mine gets a good heal as well. While Expire does AoE damage, the Beneficial Effects block is always single target. Bug or feature?

Mummy Dog:
    Maul (3 PWR): Single target. Deals single target physical and magic damage, Blocks Beneficial Effects for 2 turns, and gain an Extra Turn

Burning Mummy Dog:
    Blitz: Single target. Deals 4 hits of magic damage, with a 25% chance (60% with Skill Shard) to Remove Beneficial Effects on each hit
    - The same move as the Sentinel Allied Soldier, only better damage

Newborn of Light:
    Exodus: Single target. Deals single target physical damage with a 75% chance to Remove Beneficial Effects. Lowers target's DEF for 2 turns
    - Too bad the buff removal chance got nerfed

Corrupt Ox Cultist:
    Mad Dance (3PWR): Single target. Deals single target physical damage, inflicts Permadeath for 2 turns and has a 30% chance (with Skill Shards) to Remove Beneficial Effects
    - The Permadeath is a nice bonus, but on its own, the buff removal is a bit unreliable

Astra, Valkyrie Slayer:
    Synthesis: AoE. Deals 3 hits of AoE true damage with a 15% chance (25% with Skill Shards) to remove a buff, and stuns if a buff is removed
    Suppression (5PWR): Deals AoE true damage with a 50% chance (65% with Skill Shards) to inflict Perfect Corruption, Permadeath, and Heal Block for 2 turns
    - Popular in PVP

Trickster:
    Cheap Shot (Passive): Remove All Beneficial Effects and Blind a random target at the beginning of every turn.
    - Like Death Dog

Mayan Priestess:
    Suffocation (5PWR): single target. Deals single target physical and magic damage, and Removes Beneficial Effects. Heals all allies based on the number of debuffs on the enemy and your MAX HP.

Buff Stealers:
    A Tier: Assassin Troll, Assassin Undead Axis Gunner, Wickerdog King
    B Tier: Alliance General, Warrior Undead Rescuer, Magus Corrupt Rescuer
    Buff Removers:
    A Tier: Wrath, Death Dog, Warrior Harpy
    B Tier: Sentinel Undead Rescuer, Warrior Newborn of Light, Assassin Newborn of Light, Sentinel Allied Soldier, Burning Mummy Dog, Corrupt General
    C Tier: Warrior Pyro Soldier, Sentinel Pyro Soldier, Dog of War
    D Tier: Rocket Dog
    Buff Blockers
    A Tier: Warrior Golden Son, Val
    B Tier: Pharaoh Sun Spirit, Sentinel Undead Rescuer
    C Tier: Assassin Possessed Mine , Gunner Possessed Mine, Sentinel Hourglass, Mummy Dog
    D Tier: Warrior Possessed Rockets, Crimson Hourglass

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by IceManFerrar View Post
    Hey Kardas, excellent work and so very useful, thank you so much.

One point you missed for the Sentinel Allied Solidier is that for his Power move "Recover", he "Heals all Allies" and "Removes Negative Effects from Allies".
    True, but this thread's about getting rid of enemy buff, whereas that move is about getting rid of your own debuffs. I have a thread on it too (and healing).

Quote Originally Posted by treeb0mbb View Post
    Man I think it's time to put my assassin troll to use then didn't think he was as op as red troll. Anyone know a good talisman set to put on him? Also does his steal beneficial effects steal ALL effects or only one target?

Thanks
    The Assassin Troll is especially nasty with his Warrior brother. Case in point: Light Bringer. It is really difficult to OHKO them on Hard or Madness due to the Warrior's shields and those Magma Shields can really wreck you if you're not careful. You could of course buff up and take them out the next turn... in which case the Assassin Troll will steal your buffs and make life hell for you. Make no mistake, my lv100 Soldier Eddie with 22,000 HP and full health has gone down in one turn on both Madness AND Hard because the Trolls ganged up on him (and did things like stealing his Endure). Until I stumbled upon the Carriage Rider solution, my best bet was tanking with the Mummy on turn one and swapping to Grim Reaper on turn two for any reviving that was required.
    Of course, the Assassin Troll's basic move got nerfed after people saw how insane it was on Rainmaker, but he's still a threat. I don't have the character but I reckon that an Assassin set, and a Health set and a red (or a Strength set and a green) will work nicely on him.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow View Post
    Great write-up, Kardas! Thanks, it really helps reading it here instead of going through all the skills of the characters.

I didn't notice in the first place, from the thread you did about possessed mines, that the Assassin Possessed Mine blocking effect affects only one enemy. I often use yours on Gunner LoL day, about last week I got one of my own, and started leveling it. Strange, I hope it's a bug, as it would be a pity to not have that effect on all enemies.
    Yeah, I asked about that one a long time ago in Bug Reports. Never saw anything resembling an answer. I did realize that the flipside may not always be nice though, where you'd block everyone's beneficial effects save for the guy you wanted to apply it to because RNG.
    Last edited by Kardas; 12-23-2017 at 09:43 AM. Reason: XMas
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    Yeah, I asked about that one a long time ago in Bug Reports. Never saw anything resembling an answer. I did realize that the flipside may not always be nice though, where you'd block everyone's beneficial effects save for the guy you wanted to apply it to because RNG.
    Yes, this RNG plays such dirty tricks on us, sometimes. Too bad that they didn't respond to your question, though.

OS
    Android
    thanks man, very useful and handy writeup (again) :-)

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Thanks for the awesome writeup kardas, great work as usual ^^

I'm interested in the Burning Mummy Dog, Blitz is a sweet debuff move and the dog seems to have the offensive stats to give it some bite (lol). Of course when I tried it in PvP the debuff never proc'd and I got massacred in short order... was using 3 Assassin, 3 Energy for utility.
    \m/ Emile-3944 \m/
    I use all my troopers every day (barring crashes). Let's chase those skillshards together

OS
    iOS
    Since there's another thread about it, you may want to mention the Void Talisman set, since it can remove beneficials as well. It's a good passive option if you can't use one of these characters. (oh, and nice work on this and the other threads - very helpful)
    Arcturus-1987

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcturus View Post
    Since there's another thread about it, you may want to mention the Void Talisman set, since it can remove beneficials as well. It's a good passive option if you can't use one of these characters. (oh, and nice work on this and the other threads - very helpful)
    I had to do some digging for this since I had no idea this was the case, but thanks for sharing that detail! I'll add it to the post.

This certainly opens up some cool options for characters.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Here it is the detalied description about:

Void shield (active for 1 round): "Reduces physical and magic damage taken by 50%. Reflects physical and magical damage taken as true damage to all enemies, with a 35% chance to remove beneficial effects."

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    Absolutely not reliable i'd say. Around 50 times tried to save my ass with Scan, since I >98% of times attack with him and made it around 2 times. Stay away from Cyborg.

Great post as always kardas.
    It saved my ass a lots of times i'd say, since he has a really reliable way to gain an accuracy boost (dead eye that can gain an extra turn too), it means he has a 80% chance off removing buffs, restoring a lots of times all his hp, but i feel like in defense for pvp we cant rely on the IA to think about such a combo, i think that cyborg's IA is pretty dumb too, since he uses tase more than dead eye, and i've never seen him using scan.

Nice post, kardas thanks
    Nerada-3011

And then there was silence, just a voice from other world
    Like a leaf in an icy world, memories will fade

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerada View Post
    It saved my ass a lots of times i'd say, since he has a really reliable way to gain an accuracy boost (dead eye that can gain an extra turn too), it means he has a 80% chance off removing buffs, restoring a lots of times all his hp, but i feel like in defense for pvp we cant rely on the IA to think about such a combo, i think that cyborg's IA is pretty dumb too, since he uses tase more than dead eye, and i've never seen him using scan.

Nice post, kardas thanks
    Scan was used all the time at a point, then now not at all again......but all these I said are kinda irrelevant now,since my post was in February and a lot of changes on him since then
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹