Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Very sad news, but understandable. Have a good time and enjoy your freedom.
    I hope you make a comeback.
    Greetings from Germany to Charlotte. I've been there in 86 for students exchange. Enjoy the show. Unfortunately I can't go to one of the shows in Germany.
    Pepp-7418, daily player using all troopers daily

OS
    iOS
    Dude, so sorry you are going. Excellent trooper you have been and had some really good stuff to say on here too. I can only do what I di with the game because I work from home. If I was in an office no way could I do it as I have family and really they need to be priority once work is done...though I can farm at night! I am not sure how the top guys here do it to be honest - they must have a lot of time to play manually as I just don't due to work, but I do try and always do my troopers too. Kind of still liking PVP but it too has become a bit of a grind.

Anyway all the best and keep it Maiden - I am going to see them in May in Glasgow and going to see my fave Maiden tribute band tonight in Edinburgh - they are doing Somewhere in Time album plus another hour of other top tunes = head banging and singing heaven...and few drinks too!

Cheers from Scotland!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by IceManFerrar View Post
    Hello all,
    I hate to be yet another person to announce this, but following on Bill's post, I too am going to be taking a break from this game starting next week in time for Lent.

I started this game due to my passion for Iron Maiden (will be attending my very first concert in Charlotte, NC, on Jun 9th), but what started as a fun pastime and outlet to relax, has slowly and surely started to consume my life.

Between my loyalty to my stellar troopers and getting all 50 in everyday, to the awesome challenge of trying to build good PvP attack and defense teams, I am now in a situation where this game consumes my life and is taking me away from my family and focus on my job.

I am not making excuses, but not having a Prisoner, AoF, Troll, etc. is making me think night and day on how to best setup my teams. I love challenges and puzzles, and this game has played right into it...it is a phenomenal game, but I do not have the time to spend months trying to build up the right toons and Talismans for PvP, after spending the past few months building strong toons for PvE only to find that they are pretty much useless for PvP.

I want to thank all of my awesome troopers and fellow forum members, some who have become good friends, and I especially want to thank the folks whom I PM'ed, who guided and helped me on PvP...you know who you are!

If any of you will be at the Maiden Concert in Charlotte, NC, on Jun 9th, and would like to meet up, then please PM me and we will try to sync up.

I will continue to play the game and use all troopers until this weekend, but will then be going cold turkey starting next week. My initial goal was always to be able to defeat the Beast on Madness without reviving, and I have been able to do that a few times for the past few months, so I cannot complain.

Apologies to all my troopers and friends on this forum, but I need to do something about this addiction before it gets out of hand. You may still see me lurking on this forum to see when new content gets released, or if some of Sidney's and other ideas get implemented with regards to the game taking up less time to grind and use all troopers.

Thank you all, and I hope to be back one day soon.

Cheers my friends! Up the Irons!
    IceMan, I am so sorry to hear that you are leaving us for now. Hopefully, you will be back one day soon once we get some new content with either Brave New World or Night City. No matter how much you love a game, it is never worth it to let it consume your life. I am sure that many of us, myself included, have felt that way at sometime too. I am lucky that the job I have allows me the time to autofarm every day so far. You have been an outstanding trooper sending me a ton of trooper badges, and I love using your Wicker Man. I will be keeping you on so that I can keep using him; I can only hope that I can some day build my Wicker Man to be as good as yours. I wish you the best of luck in life. Enjoy the Charlotte show and UP THE IRONS!!!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies"

CURRENT CHAMPION: Pharaoh Eddie - Level 100 (maxed talismans, maxed skill shards)

Fully Maxed Characters (level 100, level 50 talismans and max skill shards)
    Grim Reaper Eddie - Carriage Rider Eddie - Masked Harpy - Corrupt Rescuer
    Pharaoh Eddie - Fear of the Dark Eddie
    The Wicker Man - Angel of Fear
    Golden Son x3
    Golden Son - Desert Marauder - Corrupt Rescuer

powerslave74-3757 (trooper list currently full)

OS
    iOS
    Thank you guys so much...you all are making it quite emotional and very hard to leave. Just goes to show how we have all bonded over Maiden first, and then this game.

Moonshadow, Pepp, Scott, and Powerslave, you guys have been awesome troopers as well...couldn't have asked for better Trooper mates!

@Pepp, well done to Nico Rosberg if you watch F1...I have always been a long time Schumi fan and was devastated by his injury. My prayers are with him and his family that he one day makes a miraculous recovery. Forza Ferrari (that's the "Ferrar" in my ID) though for 2017! Awesome that you were in Charlotte years ago..small world, eh?

@Scott, once the Maiden show is over, the next item on my bucket list is visiting Scotland, especially the Islay distilleries. Laphroaig and Ardbeg are indeed nectar from heaven! Maybe we can meet up then over a fine dram..slainte mhath!

OS
    iOS
    Sorry to see you go. Best wishes and hopefully we see you back here.

OS
    Android
    It's sad to see you go and I can relate to what you mention here, while the game is cool it needs attention and it can be frustrating to put all that effort and get little to show for it, I am all in for supporting the band which I love and the concept, but it's poorly implemented in many respects, in the end it's not worth it if takes over your life and we know you are a good trooper and that takes time and effort, now the Dev's should notice this and support the players efforts, they have logs and all the data to make this a fairer and better game one where people wants to stay playing for the longer term.
    Anyway, it has been great sharing quests and troopers and I hope all goes really well for you.
    If you ever come back and I am still playing feel free to send me a request and will make room for your troopers, thanks.
    Up the Irons!.
    *Somewhere in time*
    Blacksteel-8432

OS
    Android
    Aw, I only just recently added you, IceMan! For not having known you for very long, I must say that all of your posts are respectful and kind to others. I will miss seeing your input on the forums. Also, your Wickerman is incredibly fun to use. I'll miss using him as well! If/when you come back, feel free to add me again, man! I hope you enjoy your break ─ I imagine it'll be quite stress-free!
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    Android
    IceManFerrar

You weren't my fellow trooper - thus it's a sad thing that people ARE leaving... I think it's a natural way because the game became way too much time consuming... All the best, man...

Cheers,

W
    Witkacy-2631

In today's event: Flushy Tuesday you may try for one & only 25:

Hallow Ed

Don't worry be harpy

OS
    iOS
    Have a good break, icemanferrar. Return refreshed and ready to play again!

Hope you enjoy seeing maiden live, I shall be seeing them when they hit Dublin later this year
    mammy-7388

OS
    iOS
    Aww, thanks guys.

Canyptian, Blacksteel, and Tritium, you guys have been awesome troopers as well, always reliable! Will miss using your toons, especially Blacksteel's Driod...I love him and his animation! You are my only trooper with the Droid and I will certainly miss him!

@Witkacy, Hypnos, I didn't have you guys as my troopers, but you both always had very good posts and insightful/useful ones which I read and learnt a lot from. You guys are long timers on the game and the forum, like Nicko, and it is cool to see the respect that you have earned! Keep it up please...was very useful for a lot of newbies like me who started the game late.

I have enjoyed the game so much, but the dread of having to keep up my responsibilities to my troopers and grind through all of them every night and morning started to take the fun out of the game. It started to lose the fun, and before I lost all of it, thought it may be best to quit and come back refreshed when there is new content. Hopefully the Troopers problem will be solved by then as well.

Cheers guys...Up the Irons. Mammy, enjoy the concert, mate...I like Irish whisky as well...Connemara Peated Cask Strength is awesome...aahhhh 😋