Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Attacked 133 times and got attacked 104 times last week.

Made a little run for it mid-week and got up to 2300 VP, and didn't get attacked much while doing so. Wasn't able to play much on Thursday and barely at all Friday-Saturday, and ended up at 1823 VP as attacks started rolling in.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    Android
    As promised, here are my stats for a full week... Sure could had gone ballistic & play with Nicko & Shaolin but lacking time I quietly landed 6th, real happy for GMAC & his 5th place

ATT 96% (361/376)
    Def 35% (121/350)

Lowest def hold since beginning of January before the "GS/DM" freezer teams..

Before we hear the classic " He have a prisoner that's why he's that high" refrain, remember that everyone in that team is maxed & is thought to work with the other toons around him, tallismans too are built accordingly as a whole been tested in LoL & def manager hundred of times to figure out AI ect..
    There's a reason why I never shown last week stats, with all newcomers smashing a wall I would had been crucified...

I'll never say that the Prisoner is a small factor out there he's really powerful both way but there's dozen of other factors too, testing, tallismans, skillshards.. every tweak account for a hold here & there & higher rate should not ONLY accounted as a given because someone have a prisoner, I may be wrong but to me he may account for a good 5-7% DEF or ATT rate for sure but probably not the 10-15% he's accused of by many...
    For what it worth that's where my opinion is...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    iOS
    Felice (ShaolinLondo) messaged me his stats and said ok to post.

He has no Prisoner

Name:  IMG_7351.JPG
Views: 416
Size:  48.2 KB
    Nicko-0517

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sag7272 View Post
    I'll never say that the Prisoner is a small factor out there he's really powerful both way but there's dozen of other factors too, testing, tallismans, skillshards.. every tweak account for a hold here & there & higher rate should not ONLY accounted as a given because someone have a prisoner, I may be wrong but to me he may account for a good 5-7% DEF or ATT rate for sure but probably not the 10-15% he's accused of by many...
    For what it worth that's where my opinion is...
    Well said as usual, Sag. It seems like testing defenses and building teams with synergy is kinda taken for granted here sometimes, doesn't it? I see that too. And 5 - 7% (which I agree, seems accurate) really doesn't seem all that much to me either... but, like you, that's my opinion.

On the other hand, to ToTameAGame's point, I agree that the Prisoner shouldn't be the only 5* that makes the difference that he does, and characters like Vampire Hunter Eddie, The Nomad, and most especially poor F'n Visions Eddie should be given some attention and balanced (positively) to make their 5* status worthwhile! (Lord knows Cyborg Eddie seems to get this attention enough... which he should, but what about the other rare 5* Eddies?)

@HomemLivre: I did indeed finish in the top 25 (23), but I fought to the bitter end to make sure of it. lol I definitely try not to attack my troopers in general too... it's just sometimes impossible not to, when you're fighting for a rank, especially on Saturday.

Here are my stats for week 2, for whatever they're worth:

EducatedFool (Prisoner)

Attack Wins: 92% (324/352)
    Defense Wins: 31% (111/361)
    Last edited by The Educated fool; 02-26-2017 at 05:38 PM.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    @HomemLivre: I did indeed finish in the top 25 (23), but I fought to the bitter end to make sure of it. lol I definitely try not to attack my troopers in general too... it's just sometimes impossible not to, when you're fighting for a rank, especially on Saturday.
    Good to know mate

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by The Educated fool View Post
    ...Prisoner shouldn't be the only 5* that makes the difference that he does, and characters like Vampire Hunter Eddie, The Nomad, and most especially poor F'n Visions Eddie should be given some attention and balanced (positively) to make their 5* status worthwhile! (Lord knows Cyborg Eddie seems to get this attention enough... which he should, but what about the other rare 5* Eddies?)...
    100% with you there, would open up the pool of useful toons & balance out Prisoner relative OP ness by raising the bar not lowering it for a change
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    iOS

No-mad

I'd love to be able to break out my Nomad.

Challenge is his Mirage. Powerful, but wouldn't use him in defense as if he goes first and vanishes his team and then the other toons hit someone, invisibility is gone.

One solution would be to guarantee his mirage at least for that round regardless if his fellow toons attacked.

Plus it would allow you to plan ahead of time. If my team was vanished, I could attack without fear of losing vanish, or if one toon wasn't and I needed to shield I could.

Too high risk/reward at the moment. Have to have him attack last and hope for the best, which is too risky.

OS
    iOS
    Here's my stats taken from this morning:

Name:  IMG_0777.PNG
Views: 268
Size:  369.5 KB

I fooled around and tried to attack w/ my newly acquired Viking (without skill shards) and lost a few more than normal on offense.

I spent 90 ironite to get past 1900 midweek. Then it was maintenance to stay there...almost. I ended just below the threshold because of a couple last minute attacks. I didn't spend the ironite to get back over the threshold because it would have been a net loss of 10 ironite even with the next level prize.

Sidebar: I've already had an epic rant (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...ll=1#post31228) about the poor prizes for the investment of time and ironite PVP requires -this is just another example. 20 Ironite difference in rewards between several tiers? What's the motivation to get to the next one? Only motivation is to the top. Even then it hardly seems worth it.

Sorry for the mini-rant. (Note: On a constructive not I also gave suggestions to sweeten the deal.)

Thanks for compiling this, Nicko!
    Last edited by BillLion; 02-26-2017 at 07:45 PM.
    BillLion2-6838
    Member of the Mofo Cult Clan

OS
    iOS
    Still not seeing a definitive trend with this small sample size. Players like CanyptianFit, Slauki, ChaosEgo, and Shaolinlondo have mid 90s attack scores comparable to most of the Prisoner teams like Sag and Educated Fool. Others are in the 80s.

Defense percentage for Prisoner teams takes a definite bump up. 5-10% seems about right.

Its silly to debate whether the Prisoner makes a difference - he does. I'll be honest - I've played over 1000 matches over the last two weeks. I've lost to only THREE non-Prisoner teams. I specifically remember each of them. One was Schadenfreud when I left my Prisoner out and his AoP became a "Prisoner" (which WILL happen if Prisoner is nerfed too hard) - My Hellhound and Troll didn't work - I went second - and was taunted/stunned to oblivion. The other two were against ChaosEgo and Carlos. Each of those times I got careless and attacked Void shields with my Hellhound while not paying attention.

Don't get me wrong - there have been a couple of really close ones where I have one character left with just a pinch of health - but that's not the norm. I also have plenty of characters to combine the Prisoner with, including (IMO) the most critical ones - Hellhound and Troll. I only got the Troll a few weeks ago - right as Beta was ending - and it's made a huge difference.

We all make choices for ourselves. We know the current condition of the Prisoner and some without Prisoners enjoy the challenge - even saying "Don't nerf him" - others are reducing their playing due to frustration. But we know where it stands and decide for ourselves whether to play knowing how the Prisoner operates.

The problem I have with the number of attacks is it was NOT a known issue. I'm assuming it was news even to the developers. And unless you're on these forums paying attention to this particular thread, you're playing under the assumption that number of attacks is fairly distributed. That's not the case. And it's influence on ranking is huge. So it's the developers responsibility to make a quick adjustment for the benefit of those not reading this thread.

For those who are reading - we can no longer blame the system. You can choose to play or choose not to play knowing number of attacks is broken. Some, like Killhouse, are stepping out. I personally am just slowing down until I see how this pans out. I have faith the developers will make a swift adjustment, but I'll post a new thread each week so we can track this.

I'm not sure even if I knew about the attack variation the first two weeks if I would have slowed down - if it would have deterred me. In all honesty - probably not. It was new and PvP is addicting. But at this point I'm in a different spot so plan on revenging everyone who attacks and breaks my defense (or finding them on my attack list if I reach my limit) and attacking here and there for fun. I love it when I see new team combos and can use different toons in my roster to attack them. Maybe I'll ramp it up closer to the weekend - seems to be the smarter strategy - guess we'll see. But I'm definitely cutting back until the "Number of attacks" bug is fixed.

Thanks all for posting!
    Last edited by Nicko; 02-26-2017 at 08:20 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I love it when I see new team combos and can use different toons in my roster to attack them.
    actually that's the biggest fun part in PVP adjusting strategys on many different and creative teams. but atm you see the same toons everywhere, mummy, prisoner, ssd, bluebat, grim reaper and aof. that's makes pvp just another boring grindfest.

for more variation we need more balance. yes it would also be okay to buff some other nice characters. prolly it would be even smarter than nerfing three OP toons. but in realitiy it's much more difficult to do that.

so i would suggest several things for the sake of diversity:

1. reducing the tunt% of mummy and SSD
    2. change prisoners passive that only affect random passives (or removes the passives of the own team too)
    3. change siege, that is only affects random effects (or reduces the own effects too)
    4. change the gunner rescuer in some way, otherwise he will be the next chuck norris
    5. decrease the damage output from grim reaper or remove his extra turn, that can trigger 3-4 times, doing 15k damage every time

we would instantly see a much greater variation of teams and more justice for all :-)

and yes, there will be the next toon, that will cause trouble, but that's no argument to live with these broken things forever. if we do nothing, this will hurt the game in midterm and longterm. so we kinda have all to swallow some bitter pills (like CG, AOF and AOS nerfs for example).

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.