Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    OS
    Android
    Is Navigator still useful for farming? (I don't have an Alexander)

I have a sharded Eddie in every class except Gunner. For balance, considering sharding up a Gunner... is this a reasonable strategy?

My only Gunner Eddies are Navigator, Football/Brazil, and Soldier. I don't have a sharded Football Eddie, but they seem to run fine without it.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    iOS
    I think he's decent but.... Football/Soccer Ed is better due to the fury and buff removal. Navigator doesn't do anything with buff removal at all and his fury is .. well.. pathetic by today's standards. He works best with Chance and Immortality talismans.. so no buff removal there either. But with something like Redemptions.. maybe. Much f it really depends upon relics now. Back when Navigator ruled farming, there were no relics, no silver buffs, few gold buffs...
    -----------------------------
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    I really need to sit on these Skill Shards until I figure out who my new core team is.
    I'm having another one of those "uninstall this app and throw my phone in a lake" moments.

Ydex-1108 . Jomsvikings . Max Awakened Cyborg with [PvP Meta] / T3 Cyborg Cosmic

OS
    iOS
    Well I'd wait to skill shard Navigator if you're hoarding skill shards. Practically ANY Ed released in the last year will serve you better.

Navigator, Mummy, Soldier, Storm, SOL, GRE, RttH, Holy Smoke, Tour, Carriage Rider, Aces High, Bomber, VHE, Xmas, Shaman, Trooper, FotD, Viking, 7Son, Wickerman, Shadow Wickerman, Tailgunner, Executioner, Rainmaker, Eagles Dare... would all be bottom of my list. But it really depends on which Eds you DO have.

The Football Eds are decent for farming when skill sharded. They do enough damage to be worth-while. I use Brazil in the Raven's Dungeon, sometime LOL dungeons (up to level X), and I've also used him in BNW GOL at times. The fury to remove gold buffs is a good fury if you want to use allies without that ability. For the most part, you just have to have allies to protect them a bit, either Orbit talismans or Celestials, or a reviver/cleanser. Brazil Ed with an ally wearing Celestials will whip through the Raven's dungeon 99.9% of the time.
    Last edited by Yup; 10-25-2019 at 08:59 PM.
    CLANLESS
    All there is in this app is to spend money or collect yet more frags... entirely pointless and unfulfilling..

OS
    Android
    Honestly I like the Eds I'm using, and I don't think I have any "better" Eds.

I have a ton of new characters I need to test drive. Maybe I'll count my maxed toons per class and focus on my weakest class. Or base it on Talisman slots...

OS
    Android
    Navigator is good for farming BNW. His multiple hits help remove shields on the dragon quickly.

OS
    iOS
    Navigator was the king of farming what seems like a long time ago! Rarely use him now except maybe lower level gauntlet and yeah in BNW due to the hits and he can carry primordial. I am actually doing very little cosmos farming these days due to the other requirements and when I do farm cosmos I am just going with one of several Eddies that need ranked up for sacking - until I do the last daily quest team when I use Van Helsing (just finished ranking him a couple of days ago) or Gambler.

I really hope they continue to go back and re tool some of old crew though - there are some really decent Eddies - my daughter farms with SoL and a magus team as she has strong magus talisman and has focused on Magus relics first - work for her. My son still uses Navigator as he is his main AoE hitter that is sharded.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Navigator Ed is still great and I use him whenever it is possible in the cosmos and all Skull Quests apart from the very last one. Still have chance+fate on mine. But as Scott said, recently there is no time to play anything else than the dungeons.
    March 1st 2019 Update - NEVER FORGET!

Blade-4052 // The Mofo Cult

Retired in November 2020