Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Hmm, those new talismans don't help the whole group?

OS
    Android

Unhappy A bit of criticism

I usually try to be positive with all what the devs do. I know theirs isn't an easy job and I fully support them, but this time I'm highly disappointed with this patch. I think that, apart from bug fixes, none of these new features were promised or really needed for us players. Meanwhile, we all are still waiting for some new, long awaited, and (I hope) cool features.

I want to review each of these new features in a critic but positive way:
    • Navigator Eddie: A new Eddie that doesn't exist anywhere that I remember of on any Maiden album, tour, or t-shirt artwork. I'm not saying his skills or stats are a waste, but we are Iron Maiden fans, we get illusioned for having Eddies that we grew to love like the Trooper, Seventh Son, the Clansman, Piece of Mind, Live After Death, Flight of Icarus, the Final Frontier or any other in Maiden's almost 40-year history catalog. There are about 50 different Eddies counting albums and tours alone, and we'll have our heads explode for most of them. I'm not waiting for an Eddie in a pirate Halloween costume. What's next? An Eddie dressed as a cowboy? I think that this same character but with the appearance of, let's say, the Live at Donington cover Eddie, would blow our minds.
    • Two new talisman sets: I feel that the reason for creating these new talismans is to fill the hole for those players who don't have a warrior troll, a hell hound or an artillery dog. Without counting the possibility that giving one of these to characters such as the Prisoner would radically overpower them (you devs have put a lot of work before to avoid these sort of things happening), I would have gladly preferred waiting for major fixes for these characters, or releasing new toons with similar skills in the upcoming worlds or dungeons.
    • Navigator Souls: For most veteran players like me, we cannot held any more new characters in our full-of-duplicates inventories without asking to ourselves: "Where is Sacrifice?". I don't understand why this feature is taking so long. I 'm not a stranger to computer programming, and so I can't believe this is as hard as designing new characters or even new dungeons or campaign worlds. I think I began seeing things about Sacrifice around October or November: that was 4 or 5 months ago! Please, devs, make this happen once and for all.

If you ask me what I think is what the game needs right now, I would answer these two things:
    1. Sacrifice, to unchain our character inventories from this dependency on duplicates, then we'll have full liberty to search for new characters anytime.
    2. The Brave New World dungeon, to help us upgrade our talismans as good as we do with our characters in Lord of Light.

As a final note, I want to say that I love Iron Maiden and I like this game despite all the drawbacks we suffered in the past. I hope this text serves to help devs go in the right direction and I apologize for any offense I may have said.
    My game tag: Valgard-4141

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Valgard View Post
    [*]Navigator Eddie: A new Eddie that doesn't exist anywhere that I remember of on any Maiden album, tour, or t-shirt artwork. I'm not saying his skills or stats are a waste, but we are Iron Maiden fans, we get illusioned for having Eddies that we grew to love like the Trooper, Seventh Son, the Clansman, Piece of Mind, Live After Death, Flight of Icarus, the Final Frontier or any other in Maiden's almost 40-year history catalog. There are about 50 different Eddies counting albums and tours alone, and we'll have our heads explode for most of them. I'm not waiting for an Eddie in a pirate Halloween costume. What's next? An Eddie dressed as a cowboy? I think that this same character but with the appearance of, let's say, the Live at Donington cover Eddie, would blow our minds.
    he could be from Ghost of Navigator or Rime of the Ancient Mariner though ;-)
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    [*]Navigator Eddie: A new Eddie that doesn't exist anywhere that I remember of on any Maiden album, tour, or t-shirt artwork.
    Like Patrice-1201 said, he's very strongly based on the Ghost of the Navigator song, with a little bit of Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Names of moves like "Final Journey" and "Crashing Rocks" are dead ringers for Ghost of the Navigator.

Also thanks for the new update! Soldier's my only Gunner Eddie so here's hoping I can try him out. Pirates always were my favorite in the pirate/ninja/viking trifecta anyway.

+1 to the suggestion to drop Shell and Immunity Talismans in the BNW dungeon once it's out. I'm sure they also have great use for PVE. Immunity Talismans are good in niche occasions like fighting Corrupt General, Corrupt Harpies and Sentinel Demons, while Shell Talismans are great insurance for grinding on auto if the AI does something stupid (like an Assassin Golden Son casting Endure when one hit will wreck the three enemies with red HP).

I have two questions Sparton:
    1. Do Shell and Immunity Talismans apply to the whole team, or only the user?
    2. Navigator Eddie's Roaring Wave move refers to Dealing "increased damage for each harmful effect on the enemy". Does that refer to any old debuff (DEF Down, Smite, Doom, Heal Block, etc) or specifically damage over time effects (Burn, Freeze, Bleed, etc)

In the meantime, I'll go update all my reference threads to add info on the new Talismans and character
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    But I don't know the chances to get a new char or a 4* char, because I spent 1800 ironite for two 10 navigator souls pack and the best char I get is gunner rockets, that I already have, only crap, no 4* soul !!!!
    Very disappointing !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosego888 View Post
    Will there be a higher chance of getting Navigator Eddie during the limited time?
    The Nautical Souls have an increased chance to get the Navigator Eddie relative to other souls.

Will the limited talismans be in the store after event?
    They will be available for at least a few weeks from the PVP Store. The end date for them being purchasable with Iron Coins has not been decided yet.

Will something be done about revenge limits, just got attacked by Jofer 4 times in 19 minutes, can't revenge any of them
    We are working on various changes for a subsequent update to reduce the likelihood of this occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
    But yellow immunity talis? Shouldn't that be given in all colours? Perhaps in future updates..
    We do not plan on adding Immunity talismans in other colours; other colours will get their own interesting tools in the future.

Two new talisman sets: I feel that the reason for creating these new talismans is to fill the hole for those players who don't have a warrior troll, a hell hound or an artillery dog. Without counting the possibility that giving one of these to characters such as the Prisoner would radically overpower them (you devs have put a lot of work before to avoid these sort of things happening), I would have gladly preferred waiting for major fixes for these characters, or releasing new toons with similar skills in the upcoming worlds or dungeons.
    As evident in the last few updates having less and less character tuning, while we will do some adjustments as part of the ongoing maintenance of the game, we don't want to adjust and revise characters as much as we have in the past.

Also, while we do want to add other characters with interesting and similar defensive passives like the characters you listed, we want to introduce other defensive options that don't all feed into "Prisoner counters all", which is why we wanted to start with these defensive talismans.

Navigator Souls: For most veteran players like me, we cannot held any more new characters in our full-of-duplicates inventories without asking to ourselves: "Where is Sacrifice?".
    While we still don't have a date or exact timeframe to announce, the feature is approaching completion, and we hope to release it fairly soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    he could be from Ghost of Navigator or Rime of the Ancient Mariner though ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    Like Patrice-1201 said, he's very strongly based on the Ghost of the Navigator song, with a little bit of Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Names of moves like "Final Journey" and "Crashing Rocks" are dead ringers for Ghost of the Navigator.
    Precisely the inspirations, yes!

1. Do Shell and Immunity Talismans apply to the whole team, or only the user?
    2. Navigator Eddie's Roaring Wave move refers to Dealing "increased damage for each harmful effect on the enemy". Does that refer to any old debuff (DEF Down, Smite, Doom, Heal Block, etc) or specifically damage over time effects (Burn, Freeze, Bleed, etc)
    1. Only the character equipped with the talisman.
    2. All debuffs, which includes the examples you listed and damage over time effects.

In the meantime, I'll go update all my reference threads to add info on the new Talismans and character
    You're a good man for maintaining those community resources; we as developers appreciate the great work you've done for the community.

OS
    Android
    How to get the Navigator Eddie from other souls than the new Nautical Souls?

Is it possible to get him from normal souls or only Gunner Souls?

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    1. Only the character equipped with the talisman.
    Really?! You're saying that an opponent would have to have 4 talismans on each of their characters to "buy" a round free of harassment from my stun/taunt/freeze/blind-defense (backed by a siege passive)?! That is disappointing! I'm not proud of this defense but it is the only combination that keeps my defense rate around 20%...

So 16 (!!!!!) talismans are necessary to achieve the same effect as a Prisoner and a HH/AD!? Quite frankly, those talismans are worthless...

Sorry for the rant but I'm very disappointed by this update....
    Hornetaker-8818

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornetaker View Post
    Really?! You're saying that an opponent would have to have 4 talismans on each of their characters to "buy" a round free of harassment from my stun/taunt/freeze/blind-defense (backed by a siege passive)?! That is disappointing! I'm not proud of this defense but it is the only combination that keeps my defense rate around 20%...

So 16 (!!!!!) talismans are necessary to achieve the same effect as a Prisoner and a HH/AD!? Quite frankly, those talismans are worthless...

Sorry for the rant but I'm very disappointed by this update....
    well, 2 talismans to immune-buff a complete team? Then why would i try to get HH?
    Assassin Rocket Dog and others who grant immunity do also grant immunity for one.

I'm glad, the prisoner is still not nerved. (yet IMO there are far more deadly combinations than a prisoner: pair a mummy with SSD, for example)
    i had nearly all characters (all devices combined, some sacrificed), only missing:
    2019 Eddie Guy Farks Eddie, Wicker Toon Awaken The Pilgrim, Wicker toon Awaken, Valhalla Maiden Fallen Icarus Eddie, Lone Star Eddie Magma Beast Ed
    main: satani-7954 - Life after Death Ed
    second: satani11ce-5461 - Where the Eagles Dare Ed
    mobile: satani666-5224 -Thor Ed

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by satani View Post
    well, 2 talismans to immune-buff a complete team?
    I agree but I feel like you have to sacrifice too much offense to have some immunity (even interesting for people with a HH/AD as this cannot be countered by the Prisoner). I would be fine to tank one character to get a team buff. Make it a 3- or 4-set to grant immunity for the whole team for two turns (one with siege).

I know how annoying the mummy/ssd combination is. I run it on defense but I hate it. There is not tactic involved but it is the best defense that is available to most of us. I would love to see more options to scheme on defense which includes a good counter to my defense.

I agree. I don't have a Prisoner but nerfing him would be a terrible choice. He is legendary and deserves to be a good char.

Again, I'm sorry for my previous rant but I was hoping for real improvement and not for hasty hot-fixes. (Call me a dreamer )

Cheers,
    Hornet
    Hornetaker-8818