Hybrid View

angelkelly

Theory on how you can possibly win the coin flip

I'm not sure if this is entirely true or not. But after doing some testing with my team.I notice that in order for you to go first in the coin flip. You have to have a team that is stronger then the person you are fighting.
    Last edited by angelkelly; 03-16-2017 at 05:17 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Ok. But that's too general. What decides whose team is 'stronger'? Is it stars, skills, talis, afinities? Try to be more specific.
    Last edited by Caretaker; 03-16-2017 at 09:49 AM.

OS
    Android
    I tried some testing in test defense, to determine whether team cost made a difference. Thinking maybe the coin toss would be biased more towards a lower cost team. My results were pretty much 50/50. So, either it doesn't apply when you're testing your defense, or team cost doesn't play a part.

OS
    Android
    It is fifty fifty. ^^'
    On how many test did your base your conclusion?
    I use all my troopers every day, list closed
    zdm-1083

OS
    iOS
    I did a count a few days ago - I played 36 matches and it 58% me first. The week before I did a similar thing but played 26 times in a day and it 46% me first....so it kind of looks about right - the thing that got me was that you could lose maybe 5-6 times in a row but rarely did a win streak on the flip go beyond 3 and I have seen that quite regularly so if you do not play much you may feel the sting a bit more than if you play a lot?
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    More than 65% percent over 100 tries and you could say that is "may be" a issue on coin flip.
    If it's 65% on 1000 tries, it could happen but it is not usual at all:
    http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...ds+out+of+1000

65% on 50 tries is some kind of usual ^^

There, figures you expose looks fine to me.
    I use all my troopers every day, list closed
    zdm-1083

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by zdm-1083 View Post
    It is fifty fifty. ^^'
    On how many test did your base your conclusion?
    It is supposed to be 50/50 aka coin toss. But to me is appears more as a dice roll. A dice shaped as a pyramid and where only 1 of its 4 sides grants me the go-first.

I still win a decent part of my fights. So this the-weaker-team-go-last theory seems not plaussible.

Thanks god 1 in 4 days it seems 50/50.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Fister View Post
    It is supposed to be 50/50 aka coin toss. But to me is appears more as a dice roll. A dice shaped as a pyramid and where only 1 of its 4 sides grants me the go-first.
    I still win a decent part of my fights. So this the-weaker-team-go-last theory seems not plaussible.
    Thanks god 1 in 4 days it seems 50/50.
    Well.. unless the game itself correct the ratio to a perfect 50/50 it just can't happen... Like flipping a real coin 10 times in a row it's as likely to go flat 50/50 as it can go 80/20 or 10/90 it's a possibility as common as another since odds are always 50% in theory for every flip.. Some have to be more lucky than others..

It's as annoying (if not more) to test defense 10 times in a row without def getting initiative, same aleatory mechanic.. But this one deserves a button to choose which team start, game is already time consuming enough to spend an hour instead of 15min trying 2 def teams because it never seems to start...
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

angelkelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Caretaker View Post
    Ok. But that's too general. What decides whose team is 'stronger'? Is it stars, skills, talis? Try to be more secific.
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with whether a team has max toons, talis, and of course a good strategy/counter against your team. For instance if I have a Cr, troll, Ags, and a Sentinel Bomber boy against a team who has a mummy, ssd, the prisoner or any other characters that can counter my team making them useless. Then pretty much i will go second based of how their team is set up. If that make any sense.