Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Interesting - cause I attacked you a couple hours ago - and that was the first time I saw you all week.

Thanks for sharing - would you mind sharing your stats when I start a new thread? Don't have to post win/loss percentage if you're not comfortable - but number of attacks would be really helpful
    Sure, I will post my stats after reset. I've played more this week than any other week just to get the 300 match reward.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by GO80sMetal View Post
    Sure, I will post my stats after reset. I've played more this week than any other week just to get the 300 match reward.
    Grats on 300, and you seem to pop up on my list quite a bit, I wonder if it's because you're one of my troopers. I remember seeing your username and thinking "yep, I need that guy as a trooper!"

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    5: Fallenangel
    4: Zamasu
    3: Go80sMetal
    2: Nicko, bradata, Killhouse, Silentknight, Vadym, Hold
    1: Wu-Tang (Shaolinlondo)
    0: skynyrdoo7, Coletrain, Max, Kris, Eric, Ziko, Heavy, ZDM, Carlos
    AFAIK I do not appear on attack list of other players.
    For 310+ attacks I defend less than 80!

On my side, I never fight:
    Vadym, Coletrain, Max for sure
    Eric and Kris not 100% sure but most likely never fought.
    I use all my troopers every day, list closed
    zdm-1083

OS
    Android
    Don't attack anyone that has GRE on their defense either. Too risky!
    LOL,tried pm'ing u. Box is/was full
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Interesting - cause I attacked you a couple hours ago - and that was the first time I saw you all week.

Thanks for sharing - would you mind sharing your stats when I start a new thread? Don't have to post win/loss percentage if you're not comfortable - but number of attacks would be really helpful
    Same here,showed up this am.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    Android
    Don't attack anyone that has GRE on their defense either. Too risky!
    Actually I wasn't referring to u. I know u do it to break the monotony of the Mummy. As I've said,don't blame anyone for taking advantage of the bugs! But people do deserve the right to know what they're getting into. Some have been taking advantage since day 1. Don't wanna mention names but consider yourself educated. Lmao! Then there's the losers who JUST changed to that combo! Said it b4 & I'll say it again...WASTE OF SKIN!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    Android
    I hope that bug gets fixed. GRE has been my favorite defensive Eddie to use (even though he's not maxed out yet) and has had the highest hold percentage for me. Surprisingly, my defense rate always goes DOWN when I use my Mummy Eddie lol ─ even if I pair the annoying bugger with a blue bat! GRE is fun to use but a pain to go up against.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    Android
    I've seen Go80sMetal a couple of times for sure. As far as attacks on me this week, there really hasn't been any significant increase considering I've almost doubled my attacks. Guessing that most are revenges and since the revenge game really doesn't gain you anything probably why that has gone up much.

The lists probably wouldn't be nearly as big an issue if the AI played intelligently, hold rates would go up, so points wouldn't be as hard to maintain. While I enjoy watching a mummy smash himself and his team against a void shield as much as the next guy, it's just not the same as playing someone with real strategy. The question is, how the devs are going to fix it. The points system, while screwy and apparently designed to try and maintain everyone at the same points level would be ok if AI worked. That would be the real fix for a lot of things, I think. I can't imagine it's an easy task, considering the number of characters and abilities along with talisman effects, but there has to be a better implementation.

I'm stuck with GRE on defense as my mummy has a 0% hold rate, GRE isn't much better but he's won a couple.
    Last edited by Askora; 03-18-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Greetings and Salutations

Howdy everyone, saw the thread and figured a few responses were in order.

I assume you're referring to Coletrain (sorry - I like directness ) I have not discussed this with Felice above - but ironically was just discussing with a few friends and they directed me to Felice's post.

I'm close to 600 attacks and Coletrain has not appeared on my list. Ever. Not once. He did attack me the last hour and I held him two out of three

Of course perhaps he's appearing on other lists - or he's enjoying the same matchmaking bug Kris did. We don't know - at this point it's all conspiracy theory.

Coletrain - are you on these boards? Rumors start from lack of information. Maybe you want to share some stats to help with this.

And fact is - as we've discussed with Kris - who is awesome about sharing his stats and said he'll continue to do so - we can't do anything. It's in the developers hands. It's not Kris', Coletrain's, or anyone else's fault. It's the matchmaking bug.
    Howdy Nicko, much appreciation for your cautious approach when the conspiracy theories start on the forum. I've actually been on the forum since last July, just don't post that much.

It seems that I am indeed benefiting from the matchmaking bug. I wasn't sure at first; I spent the first few weeks of PVP attacking 30-50 times a week so the low number of defenses didn't strike me as odd. In the past few weeks I've generally been around 100-120 attacks and the ratio held (my defenses were about 20-30% of my attacks), so either players are really scared of my prisoner defense team or there is a bug going on. The PVP bonus week happened to line up with a week of reduced personal obligations for me so I decided from the start to go for 300 battles. After a few days I also decided to see where could finish in the rankings. I'm happy to share stats here and i'll post them again in your thread for this week:

Attacks: 434
    Defenses: 87

Props to you and any of the others who finished high in the rankings while enduring an undue number of attacks. The only times I saw you in my list I attacked you, your defense team is definitely a killer and got the best of me today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Was curious about this so I just did 12 list clears and recorded the results. I noted the top 20 names in the rankings and tallied the instances they showed up on my list. Some might have dropped off the top 20 during my attacks but probably not far. There was one user that showed up like 4-5 times as well outside the top 20 I kept seeing, Astarte. Here's the data:

5: Fallenangel
    4: Zamasu
    3: Go80sMetal
    2: Nicko, bradata, Killhouse, Silentknight, Vadym, Hold
    1: Wu-Tang (Shaolinlondo)
    0: skynyrdoo7, Coletrain, Max, Kris, Eric, Ziko, Heavy, ZDM, Carlos

Observations.. like Coletrain, I don't know if I've ever seen Max either. All the others I see on occasion except those already talked about. I feel like if I did 12 more the results would be similar, I started to see a pattern. Each new list I'd see between 1-4 people in the top 20.
    Howdy Jofer, props to you on your extended PVP run as #1. I have not done a similar analysis, but out of 400+ battles and clearing the list each time, my observations are that a similar thing is happening to me too. You would think that being ranked highly would mean we would see each other a lot, but I rarely saw you, Nicko, Vadym, skynyrdoo, Eric, Ziko, and some others (i'm talking 5 or less battles this whole week). This week I don't think I ever saw FallenAngel, Go80sMetal, Max, Askora, or Kris. On the other hand, I saw hold, Carlos, HomemLivre, Hornetaker, zamasu, alex, Kamuz, and a few others a ton. Some of them appeared in my list 2-3 refreshes in a row. To those guys, know that i'm simply trying to clear the list and not cherry picking you.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    i think i found a part of the solution:

askora level 92
    (max level 93)

matchmaking seems to put players together which it thinks are "similar" + some standard deviation. that'S how i understood it. askora doesn't fit into the mostly level 100 guys, so he is not on their list. I#m pretty confident in this.

if we could look into the roosters of the other players maybe others have fewer level 100 chars and fewer talismans than others so that matchmaking seems to put him in a "lower cathegory".

it would be a explanation for askora at least.
    This is an interesting theory. I have been level 100 for ages so i'm not sure that's affecting things, and I feel like having 39 5-star characters and god knows how many level 100 talismans isn't affecting it, but my character roster on the other hand is lacking several of the high tier PVP characters like Angel of Fear, Corrupt General, & Warrior Troll. I do just fine without them, but perhaps perceived strength of roster is factored into the matchmaking?

Quote Originally Posted by Kris-0707 View Post
    Hi guys, I've seen my name in that topic so ... I can truly say that I'm not enjoying playing bugged game, but as I said previously it is not my fault, I'm not doing anything wrong and I will not stop playing because of that -sorry.
    Below are my "so far" statistic, not bad actually, 1 day to go and I've been attacked more than through whole last week

It Is not a secret that several things in PVP mode is bugged, low attacked players bug is nothing compare to badly designed: coin toss, freeze, stun, taunt of whole team etc. etc. etc.

To the OP: if you know or think that the game is bugged why you pumping money into it? Just wait for hotfix, patch or whatever and then start spending money if you wish. I bought just starter pack for a few quid and once ironite pack which I've changed into rare souls and got absolutely nothing (just one 4 star toon and nine 3 stars junk) so decided to not buy anything else and not invest any penny.
    I must echo Kris' sentiments. It's disappointing that there is a bug such as this one that drags certain players down undeservedly, but I can't help that I benefit from it. It will be a good day for all when the bug is fixed and the matchmaking is evened out, but until it's fixed i'm going to keep playing the game in its current state, just like I have kept playing through all of the other bugs/crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    well some had huge advantage from the broken freezes on the multihitters back in the beta. then some gained advantage from counterless prisoners who can gain them 99% win success.
    others profits from siege and taunts, which cannot be countered (like myself) and the last ones from the bugged list.

interesting that only the advantage of others annoy us, while we take our own advantage with confidency

so this all are known issues, and it's our decision how to deal with it. we can play, and put money in. or we can play and don't put a daim in it.
    if we think this is too unfair (which is true) we can refuse to play at all.

i really hope for changes, but well i'm waiting till december for more balance.
    Agreeing with this as well. People complained vociferously when the Fierce & Overwhelming talismans were "nerfed" last year, even though they were obviously not supposed to be more powerful than the other talisman variations. Those that have been playing since last year have dealt with crashes, bugged characters, bugged levels, and other issues that test your patience. If you continue to play the game and spend money on it, that is your choice. At some point you have to do a cost-benefit analysis to see if the games' positives outweigh the negatives.

For me, I started playing when the game launched because Iron Maiden is one of my favorite bands. What I found was a game that had a lot of potential and several issues as well, and I still feel this way. Expectation management is a big thing and the perceived lack of communication as well as shifting content release timelines from the devs have really rankled the player base. At the same time, we don't know what the devs have to deal with behind the scenes, whether they have enough manpower to tackle all of the issues efficiently, etc. At the end of the day all we can do is offer our input to the devs, have patience, and take a break from the game when that patience runs out.
    Last edited by Coletrain; 03-19-2017 at 04:41 AM.

OS
    iOS
    Coletrain - thanks for shedding some light on this!

I think it would be hilarious if Jofer had your account for a week - with the matchmaking bug and his endurance 10,000 would be here before you know it

If the the developers went with a simple randomization of the list - maybe kind of like Caretaker proposed - it would appear to solve a lot of issues. This over-engineered system isn't working. It hasn't since beta.
    Nicko-0517