Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Week 5 of PvP - Statistics and Discussion

Week five down – and a pretty dynamic week!

This is wordy so bare with me

First – news of the day - Jofer finally appeared! Lots of mystery for the first four weeks – but he’s been pretty active here the last few days – so welcome and hope that continues!

As far as numbers, this should be an interesting week. With the special event a number of players thought attacks were up – it remains to be seen if that continues.

Attack Wins: 100% (780/782)
    Defense Wins 26% (150/569)

The Prisoner

A good deal of discussion has taken place here about how much of a difference the Prisoner makes. I will go on record and say – if he’s on your offense – it’s huge. In almost 800 matches – I lost twice. And I remember both times. One was to DJE – his GRE slaughtered my Gimp – triggering his AoF’s Passive – and that was it. Ironically – it was the same exact defense I was using! Lesson learned and necessary adjustments made . The other loss was to Compurocker. When it’s late and you’re clearing lists sometimes you do something stupid – and I took my Hellhound/Troll attack team for non-Prisoner teams in – and got quickly disposed of.

Other than that – not a single loss.

Defense? I think the new Talismans are making a difference. My defense hovered around 30% all week and the last two days nose-dived 4%. I expect plenty of non-Prisoner teams to have similar – or better – numbers. Brand new defense this week so we'll see how that goes .

Number of Attacks

I finished third, and this took a pretty high number of offensive attacks. Consequently I was attacked a lot. But there are still major imbalances out there greatly affecting the outcome. I’m sensing a great sense of frustration about this – and some like Patrice have even announced they’re stepping back until this is addressed. I would argue that there is no greater determinant of rank (given two players who are attacking the same number of times) as the number of times they’re attacked. Building a better defense has little weight if you’re competing against someone getting attacked 25% as much as you are. And I predict – with these new talismans – Hold rates will continue to drop – making number of attacks even more critical.

I personally feel the weight of these attack losses on rank needs to be reduced or eliminated until this bug is addressed. I’m going to continue to play – but not at the competitive level I have been. In my opinion it’s too frustrating and just not worth it. I’m with Patrice on this one.

A number of people have told me they don’t like sharing their win/loss percentages. That’s absolutely ok – but if you’d post number of times you attacked and were attacked that would be really helpful. And for those willing to share win/loss percentages, it will help to see if these talismans are indeed making a difference.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nicko; 03-19-2017 at 05:27 AM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Name:  4.png
Views: 416
Size:  85.8 KB

My stats this week. If you notice I got exact number of attacks in offense and defense. No prisoner.
    Last edited by Ubajoa; 03-19-2017 at 01:28 AM.
    Carlos

OS
    Android
    Prisoner
    Attacked-403
    Was Attacked-398
    1 set of immunity talismans
    Last edited by Silentknight; 03-19-2017 at 02:00 AM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    With Prisoner..
    Att-304
    Def-453
    "Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"
    -Bruce Dickinson

(English is not my first language)

OS
    Android
    thank you for sharing and maintaining this threads. and congrats for this insane winrate, you are a machine. well sharing is caring therefore i will post my stats too.

Name:  2017-03-19 02_26_26-donslauki-3210 0.10.5 Beta.png
Views: 473
Size:  54.1 KB

my conclusion of the week: yeah the talismans make a big difference and we will feel the effects even more this week. that leads to the problem, that siege is neutering them since they are not good stackable. so this leads to some problems:

if you can counter siege you are able to have insane winrates of 99,74%. i hope nicko will make real 100% next week .
    if you don't have him you have huge disadvantages. so we have the old prisoner is making too much of a difference discussion. but well the insane attack ratio is proving this thesis very good. a prisoner alone won't do it you need other good allies and you need SKILL. then you can reach this. c'mon guys this is sick...

the situation on prisoner defenses is better now...we will see for how long...

aside from this, the old problems are still not solved. lists give us the same names over and over and the pointsystem is a pain in the ass. especially because some people get attacked so much more than others. so it's necessary to reduce the point losses drasticly, maybe even remove them completly till this things are fixed.
    but some of us are mentioning these thing since the first week of beta. so it's frusrating, that we still suffer from those issues...

i hope this event gave the devs enough information to finally make some good changes, otherwise we will loose players due to frustraition. and i cannot blame them.

one last thing: i liked the event very much since the rewards will be nice and the extra motivation to play was much appreciated. we should clearly have similar events more often.
    Last edited by slauki; 03-19-2017 at 01:54 AM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Prisoner, no fancy new talismans.

Attacks-280/323 87%
    Defends- 127/478 27%

Zero revenges. Had the time this week to do the 300 challenge, and was even able to play the last hour since daylight savings time kicked in.

I think this week, I will go the opposite direction and only do the 3 arena matches to complete the daily, and only off the revenge list.

I wonder how many defends 21 attacks will generate...lol

OS
    Android
    Suspected player with glitched list:

Attacked-314
    Was Attacked-106 (12% hold)

Non-Prisoner

Hold rate is terrible considering my majority of attacks against were revenges I could game-plan for. I try to never play AoP teams because I suck. But this glitch has got me Top 25 and without it, I'd probably be in the 100s. I only played so much this week because of the 300 match event.

Needless to say, I was appearing on a lot of peoples list come reset day, so I just don't know. Maybe they fixed it. Nicko confirmed I barely ever appear on his list. I tried attacking him once or twice and my team just got sent through the Nicko Buzzsaw . I'll have to go back to the LotB dojo before I try that again.

Cheers and party hard!

OS
    iOS
    Slauki - great thoughts as always - but you brought up a great point I missed in the opening comments

Everyone I've talked to has really appreciated this PvP event. Kudos to the developers. It was truly a "win-win" concept. I hope they have more...
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by GO80sMetal View Post
    Suspected player with glitched list:

Attacked-314
    Was Attacked-106 (12% hold)

Non-Prisoner

Hold rate is terrible considering my majority of attacks against were revenges I could game-plan for. I try to never play AoP teams because I suck. But this glitch has got me Top 25 and without it, I'd probably be in the 100s. I only played so much this week because of the 300 match event.

Needless to say, I was appearing on a lot of peoples list come reset day, so I just don't know. Maybe they fixed it. Nicko confirmed I barely ever appear on his list. I tried attacking him once or twice and my team just got sent through the Nicko Buzzsaw . I'll have to go back to the LotB dojo before I try that again.

Cheers and party hard!
    Hey - having the matchmaking bug work in your favor is like getting Cyborg Eddie, the Prisoner, and Rainmaker Eddie on three successive G/A souls - enjoy it! Its interesting your name started appearing the last day - were you attacking more?

And thanks for posting. We all want this game to be better and fair - it's why I posted my crazy win rate - so really appreciate it
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Hey - having the matchmaking bug work in your favor is like getting Cyborg Eddie, the Prisoner, and Rainmaker Eddie on three successive G/A souls - enjoy it! Its interesting your name started appearing the last day - were you attacking more?

And thanks for posting. We all want this game to be better and fair - it's why I posted my crazy win rate - so really appreciate it
    Yes I attacked/revenged 160 matches between Friday night and reset.
    And that's the bottom line, cause Go80sMetal-0207 said so