Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Sorry I was one of your losses, Nicko. What a run!

I make plenty of mistakes like that, even more so this week since I was just trying to get the 300 games in and was often playing while walking around running errands and such.

Here are my stats with Prisoner (no new talismans).

Name:  20170319_111757.png
Views: 231
Size:  239.9 KB
    Proud co-sponsor of Sunburst for ProgPower USA XVIII (2017), The Gentle Storm for XVII (2016), Angra for XVI (2015), Seventh Wonder for XV (2014), and Damnation Angels for XIV (2013).

Connecting musicians with their biggest fans...
    fanriff | changing music one fan at a time

OS
    iOS

I finally became a lord

Name:  IMG_3740.PNG
Views: 244
Size:  261.9 KB

Don't know if the image is going to work.

Stats (No Prisoner)
    Rank 44
    Attack: 92% (282/306)
    Defense: 13% (35/267)

I'm pretty proud of what I was able to do with a very limited roster in terms of not having fully sharded toons or fully maxed talismans on a lot of my team. I didn't have the advantage of participating in beta to buy a few months worth of skill shards but have definitely benefited from reading these boards.

The event coincided nicely with me finally sharding up the SSD. That alone helped my defense by at least 10% points. Had been down at 1-2% for weeks. The new talismans also helped me crack the Prisoner teams with a weirdo attack combo. I don't think I'm benefiting from the list but my team almost exclusively gets attacked by higher ranks than me, I will continue revenging with gusto.

Don't think I'll ever play 300 matches again, unless I some day get the gimp, I feel like I punched above my weight class this week.

Cheers.

Sid-2370

OS
    Android
    Week 5 stats
    ATK 93% (384/413)
    DEF 23% (108/480)
    Rank 18 (I think)
    No Prisoner although I have a ridiculous stockpile of souls that could contain one but since Sacrifice is a 6 month project...

I started last week by playing on Sunday and trying to maintain a higher point total through the week. Between the time I went to bed Sunday Night and got off work Monday evening, I had lost 700+ points while still fighting a few battles on breaks. With this ignorant point system, there is absolutely no reason I should be refilling during the week just to drop to the same spot I would be in anyway so Lesson learned there. I tried to reply to another thread last night aabot the attack lists but I can't get this site to go back to mobile view, so anything to do with this forum is a pain in the ass for me right now... Something weird I noticed about Kris & Coletrain, These guys used to be on my list a lot but have stopped showing up at all since they rose to the top of the leaderboard. I don't know if this has anything to do with that or not... sure as hell didn't help me! I know it is supposed to be that way when you are ranked in the hundreds but when I have time to play on Saturday and get closer to the top 10, a few names show up over and over and some never...Same names show up, same names omitted each week... Glad to see some pain in the ass defenses showing up from Nicko and Jofer... Got to come up with something new for those
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    iOS
    I can help with one thing - there's a drop down at the bottom of the page that will let you reselect the mobile theme.

OS
    Android
    Hi guys,

These are my stats for the week:

Name:  week 5 stats.png
Views: 237
Size:  129.0 KB

I finished 26th, four points shy of the 24th and 25th. Not only that, but a 20 point win against our gracious host Nicko came in about 30 seconds too late. Heartbreaking stuff... On the other hand, I seem to be getting only Burning Mummy Dogs from G/A souls lately and I'm in no particular need of skill shares so who knows if it would have made any difference.

A note on defense: I don't play consistently during the week so I spend a lot of time in the lower ranks. Don't think the number is directly comparable to the always-high people above, hold rate drops significantly once I'm up in the ranks. Anyways, I went for a fun non-formulaic D rather than try to squeeze another 5 percent so I'm cool with that.

On offense, it's sort of the opposite bias: I go for 20 points most of the time and only run the lower rank lists if I make a run. Moreover, about half of the losses are the crashes I reported in the bug reports thread. So it should be higher still.

And a note on the future: PvP is great fun and all, and it gives meaning to the months of grinding as well as turning on their head the previous ideas about which characters are strong (remember "there are no good sentinels"?). BUT to be competitive requires an enormous amount of time particularly on Saturdays. I've had some downtime on two Saturdays as a fluke, but I don't think I can attempt to make a run again anytime soon. I'll contend myself with sniping 20-pointers every now and then and getting some ironite.

Like others, I feel that something has to change with the balance of time / skill for the months of building up teams to be worth it. For example, getting offense above 90% is immensely more difficult than 80%, but everyone can simply play 10-15% more games and make up for that. That's not good. Skill (/ team strength) should matter far more.

PS: no Prisoner.

Best,
    Ovy

OS
    iOS

Skill Shard

Anyone else have there Skill Shard purchasing ability reset to six days? Both my SO and I were at 1:21 minutes before reset, and after, it was locked again as if we had purchased one for the week.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Monte47 View Post
    Anyone else have there Skill Shard purchasing ability reset to six days? Both my SO and I were at 1:21 minutes before reset, and after, it was locked again as if we had purchased one for the week.
    Usually fixes itself. But I've never seen it take this long. There are others with same problem. Open & close game a few times might help,otherwise contact support
    Last edited by Silentknight; 03-19-2017 at 09:07 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    My stats/ for this week.
    Attacks: 228/300 (76%)
    Defenses: 4/67 (6%)
    Finished 29th with 2900 points

67 defensive battles are pretty much in comparsion with earlier week (usually got attacked max 52 times). This week was very funny, I accepted challenge of 300 battles a did for a first time ever refills of SoW. As I have not much time to play I decided to play with my glass cannons team from PvE + a healer. Occasionally I switched a toon to prisoner if had to fight a team with lot of passives or very strong passives (sorry, if you defend with red bat, blue bat anf red troll I don't have alternative to the prosoner). This reduced drastically the battle time but also drawn down the win rate. Defensive rate is as always miserable. Anyway 6 times the battle went into round 20 and 4 times I accepted the draw, also a kind of personal record.
    As I said, very funny contest with a small luck against taunt/freeze, only disappointed to be drawn down from 16th place out of top 25 in the last 5 hours. But I overcame a temptation to do one refill more
    Vadym-9836

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Baba-8301 View Post
    I can help with one thing - there's a drop down at the bottom of the page that will let you reselect the mobile theme.
    Thanks man, I had looked for but didn't think it would be there, definitely easier to read this way.
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by rider View Post
    My stats/ for this week.
    Attacks: 228/300 (76%)
    Defenses: 4/67 (6%)
    Finished 29th with 2900 points

67 defensive battles are pretty much in comparsion with earlier week (usually got attacked max 52 times). This week was very funny, I accepted challenge of 300 battles a did for a first time ever refills of SoW. As I have not much time to play I decided to play with my glass cannons team from PvE + a healer. Occasionally I switched a toon to prisoner if had to fight a team with lot of passives or very strong passives (sorry, if you defend with red bat, blue bat anf red troll I don't have alternative to the prosoner). This reduced drastically the battle time but also drawn down the win rate. Defensive rate is as always miserable. Anyway 6 times the battle went into round 20 and 4 times I accepted the draw, also a kind of personal record.
    As I said, very funny contest with a small luck against taunt/freeze, only disappointed to be drawn down from 16th place out of top 25 in the last 5 hours. But I overcame a temptation to do one refill more
    I'd exploit this rate of being attacked if I were you - my stats (seen in the first few pages) are:

Attack: 300/307 (98%)
    Defense: 133/551
    Finished 142 with 2147 points

With some investment to boost your win rates to ~85% and more number of attacks made per week, you'd be pretty much in top 10
    Enti-2694