Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Sharing PVP strategies

There have been lots of complaining and very little talk about strategy in these forums. Obviously, we all compete against each other and a lot of people don't feel like sharing their strategies to keep some competetive edge but I think that's a bit boring. So here goes, my strategies in PvP. Please share yours as well, and discuss those that are posted.

I have developed three different offensive teams for PvP - one basic and two "special" teams. The basic team is used against defensive teams without crowd control and The Prisoner, and the specials are for taunting teams and The Prisoner teams respectively. The one thing I still have a problem with are teams with Corrupt General (and no Prisoner) as I don't have Hell Hound, nor Artillery Dog.

Basic team
    Carriage Rider Eddie - freeze set, holy set, single green
    Corrupt General - freeze set, thief set
    Angel of Pain - holy set, penetrating set, health set
    Warrior Troll - guardian set, void shield set, single green
    All fully sharded except for the CG which is not full on his power move, but I never use that anyway.

The idea here is to provide protection and enemy stat destruction with the troll while the magus characters work together for damage and crowd control. The AoP takes away any shields and immunities the enemies may have so that CG and CRE can get some stuns and freezes in. The combination of MR down on all enemies from CG followed by Angel of Pains power skill (Storm) is devastating. CR Eddie provides healing when needed, either by Spell Vamp or Preserve. Also, using Wither to buff his magic, plus the MR down from CG, his Torch gets extremely powerful. CG also helps providing fury quick which is great to clear annoying enemy buffs like Endure or any shields. If the enemy have a Siege character I swap the Troll for Angel of Strife to help the other characters survive. Multiple strong sentinels is what really can give this team problems.

Team against taunters
    RTTH Eddie - burn set, strenght set, health set
    Desert Marauder - warp set, piercing set, strength set
    The Nomad - assassin set, strenght set, single green
    Warrior Troll - guardian set, void shield set, single green
    Nomad and Troll fully sharded, DM and RTTH Eddie completely unsharded

The idea here is to bring hell to Mummy and SSD. Desert Marauders perfect hit passive ensure full damage hits even when I don't get to control my toons, The Nomad provides ATK UP for two turns to increase damage and Troll provides shields as well as good damage. RTTH Eddies present basic attack has a chance to both reset and get critical strikes, so he can actually provide a fair bit of damage. RTTH also have a very good self heal (which also buffs his attack), which have provided crucial many times, and The Nomad self-heals on his basic attack, so they tend to survive the longest. The Nomads power move Mirage provides Vanish as well, which also helps survivability. As long as the enemy doesn't have stunners, this team is very effective. If they have Warrior Troll I sub in Angel of Pain to take away the shield. Angel of Pain in the taunting team haven't been much of a problem though. Would be fun to see what RTTH Eddie could do if he was fully sharded.

Team against teams with The Prisoner
    Mummy Eddie - stun set, health set, single blue
    Angel of Strife - energy set, health set, single blue
    Sentinel Soulless Demon - energy set, blind set
    Angel of Strife - immunity set, energy set, single blue
    The AoS with immunity and the SSD are fully sharded, the other AoS have a few shards and Mummy is completely unsharded

The idea here is simple: Keep the AoS alive forever through it's power move combined with The Prisoner cancelling his Block passive and slowly grind the other team down. It is slow and boring, but extremely effective. There are many things to keep in mind for this to work though. First, you need an AoS with full shards on the power move so that the immunity and invincibility (and taunts) lasts for three rounds. You also need an immunity set on it to avoid getting taunted or stunned if you don't get to go first. You also want a lot of energy sets and/or power generating toons, because ideally you want to use AoS power move already in the first round even when you go first. I will substitute the stun set for an energy set on Mummy when I have enough xp runes. If I had Allied General I would try him out in this team for his power generation.

If The Prisoner dies, your passives will start to work again, and since the invincibility doesn't help when AoS takes the damage from your other toons through the Block passive, you need to keep The Prisoner alive until either all the other enemy toons are dead or until all your own toons other than AoS are dead. You also have to remember that The Prisoner will transfer negative effects. So, whenever he uses his power move and gets sealed, your AoS have to use his power move directly. Thus, if The Prisoner transfers the seal to your AoS in the next round it will expire in the same round as the invincibility and immunity. You will also have to think about what other toons you use as some can inflict burns that remove beneficial effects, which The Prisoner then can transfer to your AoS.

The composition of the rest of your team is not that important, as long as they help generate power. However, if the defensive team have Angel of Fear, you really want to make sure you have a strong enough team to not get a kill in the first round since the extra turn they then get may be enough to kill your AoS. Having two AoS in the team will help mitigate some of this risk as you will only need one alive to win.

There are only a few enemy toons that can cause troubles for this strategy and they are obvious. Angel of Pain and Death Dog will take away that first round of immunity as well as shortening the time of your invincibility and immunity from the power move. The other troublesome one is the Gunner Corrupt Rescuer. As she refills her Titan Shield every round, you can easily end up in a situation with only your AoS and her left alive, leading to a draw as AoS attack is not strong enough to punch through the Titan Shield.
    Last edited by konstifik; 03-21-2017 at 12:43 PM.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by konstifik View Post
    Prisoner ....
    Put an Immunity Set, a Shell Set, a random green and a random blue on your AoS and he cannot be taunted the first round and will survive the first round ... even if you go second. Well he can but a Prisoner and a AoP or a Death Dog is too many single hitters for the stupid AI.

If the AoS does not survive against mainly red teams ... bring some "bait" that they leave the AoS alone.

OS
    iOS
    Wow ! Very in depth strategies bro, thanks for sharing. I bet some noobs are studying up. I'm still trying to come up with the perfect strategy, but I'm missing some key toons so I cant get 99% wins like these super guys do. My main strategy is dog o war eats all the damage from round one (if no prisoner)then Use my ass g son to turn unkillable , then I unleash the Rainmaker in all his glory. Works 75% of the time. Does not work against a mummy red toll green SD prisoner team. Omg I accidentally just described the top 300 players defense.💀

OS
    Android
    I have a fully sharded RTTH Eddie, and he can do serious damage. I like him with Strength and Piercing. When the piercing triggers, which apparently now has a 45% chance to occur he can lay down the hurt on mummy or ssd. Think in the 14,000 plus points of damage if he gets a critical. With ATK UP, it gets mean.

His basic attack usually does far more damage than his fury. Downside is, he's still a glass cannon. Biggest problem I've had with using him in pvp is he seems to be extremely vulnerable to being stunned, as I've never had him not get stunned.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    I have a fully sharded RTTH Eddie, and he can do serious damage. I like him with Strength and Piercing. When the piercing triggers, which apparently now has a 45% chance to occur he can lay down the hurt on mummy or ssd. Think in the 14,000 plus points of damage if he gets a critical. With ATK UP, it gets mean.

His basic attack usually does far more damage than his fury. Downside is, he's still a glass cannon. Biggest problem I've had with using him in pvp is he seems to be extremely vulnerable to being stunned, as I've never had him not get stunned.
    Nice to have the fully sharded RTTH! I don't think he is too much of a glass cannon with a set of health talismans, as his self heal is sooo powerful. At least not when his up against taunting teams which are sentinel heavy and therefor does less damage against him.
    Johan-1264
    Champion: Vampire Hunter Eddie 5* Lvl 100 Maxed Talismans, Maxed Skills

OS
    Android
    I also have a fully sharded rtth eddie, and he do well in pvp most of the time. His self heal is good and strike can at least trigger up to 4 times.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    Android
    The problem I have with RTTH Eddie is that he seems to be a stun magnet. He can survive with some green talismans. But, if the defense has a CG or anyone with paralysis talismans he seems to get stunned every time and spends most of the battle frozen. If I get a chance to use him, he's great against mummy and ssd, but most of the time I end up having to fight the battle with just the other toons.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    The problem I have with RTTH Eddie is that he seems to be a stun magnet. He can survive with some green talismans. But, if the defense has a CG or anyone with paralysis talismans he seems to get stunned every time and spends most of the battle frozen. If I get a chance to use him, he's great against mummy and ssd, but most of the time I end up having to fight the battle with just the other toons.
    Funny you mention that because I have the feeling that my Viking in attack gets more stunned than anyone else in my team. If the other team has a stunner and goes first my Viking will be out of the battle 80% of the time. It really might be a biased feeling but I think so many times "wtf why the Eddie again - why always my Eddie?"

OS
    iOS
    Defence team:
    Mummy Ed - Freeze and Paralysis.
    Sentinel Souless Demon - Blind and Paralysis
    Corrupt General - Feeze and Paralysis
    Pharoah Dog King - Holy/Paladin/Health.

Nothing special abbout my team. No game changing characters to use, so just try to be a stun/taunt/freeze wanker and hope I get lucky. Usually hover between 22-28% defence wins so not the best defence team, but not the worse. PDK is just in there in the hope his magic charge helps CG. Unsure on who to use as the 3rd. Swapped Mummy for Grim Reaper and CG for Angel of Strife once in the hope that AoF would protect GrEddie and PDK's magic charge would benifit GrEddie, but my win rate was zero ike that.

As for attack I always use GRE. 6 Holy Talismans and he is fully skill sharded so he hits like a truck but easy to kill. Nearly always pair him with an AoF to protect him. SSD is always in my attack team. High health, stuns, blinds and does good damage. Won me lots of battle. Those 3 have been my main 3 recently and the 4th depends on the team. If facing a Warrior Troll or Magus Allied Soldier, Angel of Pain is straight into my attack for his passive. Fully skill sharded and his AOE does great damage.

Used Alliance General a lot my not as much recently. Though he is always used for Prisoner Teams. Used to be 6 Health but now it's 3 Health and 3 Energy. Idea is to try and steal power to allow other characters to use their power moves. AoP mainly when I'm using him.

Prisoner teams I've found my best results are when I go GRE, AG, SSD and Warrior Rocket dog. Sometimes Swap the AG out for AoP if they have a Warrior Troll to. Reason I use Rocket Dog (and against teams with a Gunner Corrupt Rescuer) is I have a Void set on it and it's gave me more success. Gives damage back and if GRE can survive, use Grand Strategy from AG and him and SSD can obliterate teams.

Got an Angel of Fear through Sacrife. He's only Level 80 at the minute, but he's fully skill sharded and Talismans are maxed, so I'll try and use him soon.

Desert Marauder is getting sharded up, so will try and uss him too. His passive is great. Just trying to find the best set up for him.

Nothing special but it usually helps me get to Duelist II, maybe Duelist I if I'm lucky or use sone SoW refils.

OS
    iOS
    Thank you guys so much for this thread, has really helped me and opened my eyes a bit. I changed some of my Talisman setups based on the info in this thread.

My two cents for newbies is not to forget about the class advantage stuff...so use Sentinels against Magus heavy teams, Magus against Warrior teams, and Warrior against Sentinel heavy teams. Of course, you do have to balance out your teams to add a bit of the other classes as well, but it has taken me a few months to finally start to get the hang of it.

I don't have an AoS, so the strategy above against Prisoner teams won't work for me. Anybody else have any strategies against Prisoner teams, if you don't have an AoS?