Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Feature Preview: Sacrifice

The following is the help section entry for the upcoming Sacrifice feature. We wanted to share this with you ahead of time so everyone can get a sneak peak for this long-awaited feature.

While we don't have exact dates for the feature release yet, our hope is that this will go live soon!

Overview

Sacrifice allows you to take a group of characters and consume them for their essence to gain randomized rewards based on how strong/rare those characters are. All kinds of rewards are available, from Ironite to Sands of Time to Skill Shards to even Legendary Souls!

However, it’s important to understand that while you earn amazing rewards from sacrificing powerful characters, sacrificed characters are permanently removed from your roster.

Earning Better Rewards

The kinds of rewards you earn are based on what sacrifice tier your sacrifice is worth, which ranges from a Petty Sacrifice (100 or more essence) to an Ultimate Sacrifice (50,000 or more essence). Each tier has its own rewards, with higher tiers providing better loot. Higher sacrifice tiers result in better rewards more often, as well as increased quantities of items.

All characters can be sacrificed for their essence, but some characters are worth more essence than others. All of the following factors lead to a character having a higher essence:

• Sacrificing higher star tier characters
    • Sacrificing characters which are a higher “natural” star tier
    • Sacrificing higher level characters
    • Sacrificing Eddies
    • Sacrificing Gunner or Assassin characters
    • Sacrificing characters improved with Skill Shards

Additionally, the more filled the sacrifice meter is, the better chance you have of getting more rewards for your current sacrifice tier! Adding additional characters is always valuable, even if you don’t earn enough essence to get to a subsequent sacrifice tier.

Filling the Vortex Meter

All sacrifices will add their essence to your long term Vortex meter, represented by the purple inner circle around the sacrifice pool. Even the smallest sacrifice will add to it, so characters that have no use to you from souls of any kind will still work towards the ultimate prize: the Vortex Bonus.

When you earn a Vortex Bonus, you will get 5 prizes drawn from the possible rewards for a Vortex, which are Rare Gun/Assassin Souls, Skill Shards, and Legendary Souls!

Successive Vortex Bonuses will be harder to achieve, but will cap out after a certain point for the amount of essence they require.

OS
    iOS
    Sounds promising!

If you sacrifice a toon that has full talisman is that worth more and will we be able to preview what we will receive from the pool before we commit to the actual sacrifice?
    Last edited by scott-5496; 03-21-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

Quote Originally Posted by scott-5496 View Post
    If you sacrifice a toon that has full talisman is that worth more and will we be able to preview what we will receive from the pool before we commit to the actual sacrifice?
    Talismans are not counted for the essence of the sacrifice, but you can still select a character with talismans to see how much it is worth. If you do sacrifice such a character, the talismans will be returned to your inventory.

OS
    Android
    nice

One question:
    Sacrifice allows you to take a group of characters
    What does this mean?
    Do i need X amounts of the same char or random ones?
    Kutte-9404

OS
    iOS
    Great that makes sense - so the only thing that would not be returned to the inventory would be any Skill Shards attached to the character? Is there any chance we could see some examples of what a five star legendary might be worth compared to a 3 star toon or can this vary a lot? I take it RNG will play another big part in what everyone receives as a reward?

Also, when you are building up essence - do you have to reach a certain limit of threshold before you can receive your rewards - following that does it all reset or do you move up a tier to another level and so on?

Cheers for the feedback Sparton!
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    Android
    Nice! Thx Sparton!!! Sounds close!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

Quote Originally Posted by Kutte View Post
    Do i need X amounts of the same char or random ones?
    You sacrifice characters in batches of up to 10 characters. The essence of all of the characters is added together to determine what kinds of rewards you will get.

You can sacrifice any 10 characters you want, but you'll get the best rewards by sacrificing the most valuable characters all at once (so you can reach a higher Sacrifice Tier).

Great that makes sense - so the only thing that would not be returned to the inventory would be any Skill Shards attached to the character?
    Basically, yes. The characters you choose to sacrifice are gone, and as are the skill shards (because they're tied directly to the character), but the talismans can be unequipped and thus will be returned to your inventory after sacrificing.

Is there any chance we could see some examples of what a five star legendary might be worth compared to a 3 star toon or can this vary a lot? I take it RNG will play another big part in what everyone receives as a reward?
    We don't want to release all of the values for that yet (especially since there are a lot of factors that make some characters worth more than others), but you'll be able to see exactly how much characters are worth when you select them in the Sacrifice screen. In general, you'll want to look at the bullet point list in the original post; the more of those factors you can make better (or find characters that are better in those regards), the stronger your sacrifice will be.

Also, when you are building up essence - do you have to reach a certain limit of threshold before you can receive your rewards - following that does it all reset or do you move up a tier to another level and so on?
    There's a very minimal requirement of at least 100 essence to get to the first Sacrifice Tier (even a single natural 3 star character is worth more than that); reaching higher thresholds changes which Sacrifice Tier you will get rewards from, with higher Sacrifice Tiers giving better loot overall (rewards are randomized, but higher tiers will have better chance of things like Rare Souls, or better kinds of souls, or getting a higher quantity of an item as a single reward).

OS
    iOS
    I don't want to crash the party, but... Am I the only one who hoped that your response to too much RNG in the game would not be to add another layer of said RNG? Well, granted, there are basically two additional layers now

This sounds more like a recycle bin for unused "trash" than a mayor feature. It doesn't help long term players (which I am not a part of) one bit by acquiring long missed characters, since access to souls wasn't that much of problem compared to how souls actually work - which is a problem for everyone. And by the way with every character added the chances to get missing ones are decreasing. I thought that was one the issues sacrifice should address?

I guess there is much depending on the the distribution of the rewards. However, reading sands of time as a possible reward and taking into account the distribution of rewards everywhere else in the game one has to be sceptical.
    Max-1851

I'm grateful for the forthcoming Sacrifice but please - don't make it an RNG lottery AGAIN. Currently characters drop from Legendary souls that really shouldn't (Legendary really should be Eddies or super-rare toons, not frigging dogs!)

Believe me, I want Sacrifice, and I'm grateful ND are listening. I don't, however, want to trade in all my Eddie dupes for another bloody harpy!
    Purplepixii-5983
    Active daily

OS
    Android
    I liked this phrase from a group member on facebook

" Buy a dupe get a dupe, sacrifice a dupe and..... Get another dupe! " .. repeat ...
    Caliza12-3289