Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Void talismans are not really
    an issue - Many ways to counter them, Kutte is right. Problem in the arena for me are things I can't control but they spoil my enjoyment; being attacked more than you can possibly counter without spending insane amounts of ironite, is the biggest frustration - like Slauki says. Makes it difficult to go away for a bit and not be able to log in, then see you lost 200+ points. Like going for higher ranks is more an exercise in buying power and free time rather than playing skill or team composition, and actually loses you ironite.

Part of me is glad for a few Eric Cartman's who will help fund the game in this way but I'd prefer an environment where everyone felt that spending a few dollars was worthwhile, and that they could realistically climb the ranks.
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return

Banned
    Great how the Stun and Taunt Fest was fixed...

Still sitting in front of my device and see LOTB in autoplaymode.

Edit: it has become even worster, now almost always the whole team gets taunted.
    Last edited by Liebhild; 03-23-2017 at 02:39 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Must admit that following the last hour or so of playing PvP (sorry "Tauntfest") that I am feeling a bit demoralised with it. I am guilty as well as I have a Mummy Eddie in my defence. I had to put him in really and my defence is still crap

Got a lot of souls to open tomorrow night so I am hoping I get some decent PvP toons.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    So what are other people's findings with the matchmaking update? Wanted to play around with it and do a bunch of list clears. For me the algorithm that chooses who is in your list remains similar, I'm just seeing a different player pool. For example I never saw Coletrain prior, he appeared on 2 out of my first 3 lists. Some other guy who's name started with an E using speed of light, same thing, never seen him before and it seemed he was on like 50% of my lists, and another named 020202 or something. Lots of new users, but they were repeated like the names I used to see. Could be small sample size error but doesn't feel like much changed other than reshuffling users around.

OS
    Android
    Lists have more variety but still not seeing the usual suspects. I.E. low attack players.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Same names at first, after refresh some new names, but mostly people I've seen before.

Number of attacks received seems to be a bit lower after the update.

OS
    iOS
    I'm waiting till the end of the week to consider whether I'll jump in to PVP again or not... Was attacked a total of 165 times before the update, but I do expect another 130+ till arena reset
    Enti-2694

OS
    Android
    Seems like it is working the way it's supposed too...

"Adjusted the matchmaking so that the game more readily filters for people closer to your ranking and who haven’t been attacked repeatedly"

If you are not attacking the people in your list and only refreshing it, it would make sense that the same person would reappear as you did not attack them. Seems logical anyway...
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Been thinking more about this and I honestly don't think it's fixable outside of adding more users, the root issue is there aren't enough people in the upper rankings to support it. People like me who tend to like to play a lot and grind will always see repeated names because there just aren't many to choose from. Even if it's spread out, the available around my rank are slim. The only way to fix it, aside from adding more users, is to set attack limits against players, but if that were implemented I'd just use all those up on people around my rank and the only option is to work downwards, making it increasingly easier to continue to climb the more I play.

Could also set attack limits in general, but that would be financial suicide on their end, and players like me would get bored knowing my attacks are finite. Making it more about timing of attacks and cherry picking, if people were limited you're not going to see any desire to clear a list for more attempts.

This is a tough one. Adding more incentive like contests, better rewards would up the player/participation, probably the only long term fix, the rest will just be bandaiding it like shuffling up whatever they use to group people, things of that nature.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    Seems like it is working the way it's supposed too...

"Adjusted the matchmaking so that the game more readily filters for people closer to your ranking and who haven’t been attacked repeatedly"

If you are not attacking the people in your list and only refreshing it, it would make sense that the same person would reappear as you did not attack them. Seems logical anyway...
    I was clearing my lists by attacking everyone, not refreshing as you suggest.