Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Shell and Immunity Talismans - which to buy?

I'm hoping to get some advice on this . . .

I don't spend much time in the arena - maybe 8-12 battles a day, for coins and easy ironite at the reset. At some point, I may get more aggressive but not sure.

Anyway, I have about 1400 coins, and I'm thinking of taking advantage of the new talismans. I already have a set of two Immunity Bulwark.

I'm considering adding one or two more sets before they go away. The problem is that I don't have a strategy for which characters would use what. And, with the upcoming tuning adjustments plus new characters coming my way via Sacrifice, I don't feel ready to commit to a specific Arena strategy, period.

So, I'm trying to determine which talismans to buy in order to provide the most usefulness / flexibility down the road. Any thoughts on that?

By the way, I have a Hellhound. Thanks in advance!

druid138-6195

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    I'm hoping to get some advice on this . . .

I don't spend much time in the arena - maybe 8-12 battles a day, for coins and easy ironite at the reset. At some point, I may get more aggressive but not sure.

Anyway, I have about 1400 coins, and I'm thinking of taking advantage of the new talismans. I already have a set of two Immunity Bulwark.

I'm considering adding one or two more sets before they go away. The problem is that I don't have a strategy for which characters would use what. And, with the upcoming tuning adjustments plus new characters coming my way via Sacrifice, I don't feel ready to commit to a specific Arena strategy, period.

So, I'm trying to determine which talismans to buy in order to provide the most usefulness / flexibility down the road. Any thoughts on that?

By the way, I have a Hellhound. Thanks in advance!

druid138-6195
    Has there been any word on what the next talismans will be? If it hasn't been released I'd get 2 more just in case immunity is done for awhile. Always be a chance they won't be as valuable with a future meta change but I'd still do it just so you can give a non hellhound team full immunity if you ever want to.

OS
    Android
    Just a shot in the dark (Ozzy) but I'm getting the feeling that BNW might be closer than any of us realize and that an update in the near future will be removing the talismans from the arena store because they will be available through the grind. Just a theory out of left field so don't quote me on that...

I bought a set of each (will, bulwark immunity and 2x mystical shell) and put them on my shiny new AoS... Work well in PVE but haven't really tried the char in PvP yet. I picked some up just in case my theory is shite... yeah it really depends on which char you have in mind.
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the thoughts, guys. Yeah, it would be nice to have a plan for which characters I'll be using. But, too many unknowns with the game for me to want to commit now.

I'm glad Mysticals came up. I know they get talked down here a lot, but I've always liked them. They seem like a good compromise option, using two Mysticals as opposed to three Ward or Overwhelming. Generally, I use the right mix of non-greens to get my DEF and MR in the relationship I want and then use Mysticals to boost both. Especially when the character I'm working with is low on survivability to begin with. But, I've always wondered if I'm missing something.

Mysticals are also nice because they are useful to every character, regardless of damage type.

druid138-6195
    Last edited by druid138; 03-30-2017 at 10:50 PM.

OS
    Android
    I'm a big fan of the mysticals, most of my favorite chars have them... don't know how much difference it makes but I would like to think defense stats matter lol...
    mjmxiii-1619

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    I'm a big fan of the mysticals, most of my favorite chars have them... don't know how much difference it makes but I would like to think defense stats matter lol...
    Yeah they are definitely useful, I have a few sets of the new ones and use a maxed out one everyday.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    The typical criticism is that DEF and MR don't help versus True Damage. Fine. But, most enemies (even in the Arena) don't do True Damage. So, I'm willing to take the extra survivability against the remaining characters.

druid138-6195

OS
    Android
    The typical criticism is that DEF and MR don't help versus True Damage. Fine. But, most enemies (even in the Arena) don't do True Damage. So, I'm willing to take the extra survivability against the remaining characters.

druid138-6195
    Really??? SSD,Warrior Troll,Warrior Pyro Soldier & they're everywhere!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    druid138-6195
    Yeah there are a bunch of mixed classes on defense, and most true damage chars tend to have low DEF stats and are first to go.
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Really??? SSD,Warrior Troll,Warrior Pyro Soldier & they're everywhere!
    Ya know, I only have trouble with SSD out of these specific three.

See a war troll or pyro, bring a death dog or AoP.... gonna be a challenge once the update comes along.
    mjmxiii-1619