Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

April 2017 Tuning Discussion - PRELIMINARY

This is the main post to discuss general changes from the recent update.

You can see the details for the preliminary tuning adjustments in the Game Updates forum post.

We’re changing the Prisoner’s passive.

With that out of the way, let’s summarize the broad changes that we’re looking at doing in the next update:

• There are certain characters that have passives which counter a large swath of other characters before combat even starts (Prisoner, Angel of Pain, Death Dog, Warrior Troll)
    • There are certain characters with extremely high usage rates in PVP, especially within certain combos, which despite some additions and changes continue to dominate and frustrate in the arena (Prisoner, Warrior Troll, Mummy Eddie, etc)
    • There are many very rare characters which are not used frequently (if at all) not only in PVP but in PVE (Samurai Eddie, Visions Eddie, Warrior Child of the Damned, etc)
    • Certain defensive status effects can be very problematic to play around or counter (Vanish, damage reduction shields, Void Shields, etc)

We believe that these changes will help to promote a healthier battle environment in the Arena. Previously we have attempted to achieve this balance without touching abilities by adding new Talismans, however this didn’t meaningfully change the kinds of team compositions people used. It became clear that anything new or different we added to counteract certain existing passives and skills would essentially just create a new batch of drastically stronger abilities that would overwhelm the old ones.

In short, we hope this set of changes will achieve 3 things:

1. Increase the diversity of viable characters in the Arena
    2. Help pave the way for more interesting PVE content set for the coming months
    3. Ensure each of the affected characters can shine within their niche (even if that means some characters won’t be the best answer for almost every encounter)

OS
    iOS
    Does that mean that Viking will not get immunity for every Call to Arms? That is a huge nerf if that is the case... and with so few of them Biking around, pretty much unnecessary
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    Does that mean that Viking will not get immunity for every Call to Arms? That is a huge nerf if that is the case... and with so few of them Biking around, pretty much unnecessary
    No, the immunity is still guaranteed. He will just cleanse himself instantly before giving himself immunity (in case he has Block Beneficial Effects on him) instead of giving himself a buff which tries to cleanse each turn with immunity.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrice-1201 View Post
    Actually, Viking still gets the Immunity. He just doesn't have the Multi-Turn Cleanse (which he technically doesn't need since he has multi-turn immunity).

-Kaz

OS
    iOS
    Great thanks for clarifying :-) any chance you guys will tune the RNG on Legendary souls and make them more legendary?

And also. I am still getting attacked a lot more than I am attacking...
    All Eddies Collected and Maxed

Up the Irons Blood Brothers

Follow me on instagram for my concert pictures: http://instagram.com/beattheriff

Visit my concerts photography Facebook Store on: https://www.facebook.com/pg/beattheriff/shop/

OS
    Android
    man i'm really happy to see this here. will be a revolution i guess and a good and healthy one for the game at all, regardless the screams, that will come now .

but guys, if you don't touch grim reaper, who can kill two enemies in in one turn (even green ones) only with his standard ability, than you have the next most OP character everyone will use.
    His slash is way to OP and i couldn't see changes in scaling or retriggering. Please test it if you don't belive me, he is out of control and this is very obvious.

I would also like to see some more changes to corrupt gunner rescuer, he is still to powerfull IMO. beside this things will be in order i belive.

SSD taunt % are also way too high, if mummy is reduces SSD should be reduced too.

But one problem will occour. Our defens holds in PVP will sink to 10% or even less. If the pointsystem continues to be that much of a punishment, there won't be a possibility to recover at all for the most players.

But i have to say you did some great changes so far in the last weeks, i love PVP and sacrifice and i'm looking forward to the things that are coming next.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Hey Sparton!! Great to see that you want more variety at PVP... That just great.
    I wanted to suggest the team to check Rainmaker HP and DEF/MR, since is clearly a factor that keeps this cool character out of PVP...
    In other way, I think that Grim Reaper's Slash, deserves a nerf, I use him a lot but clearly 3x7xxx damage with a chance of repeat even like 4 times is too much!!!
    Also, I don't see any change on Sentinel Souless Demon, he's not such a pain in the ass but use to make fights unnecessarily long... Maybe down his taunt % and heal from shields could be a good idea...
    English is not my native language

Demoonchild-7235 // Already full of nice troopers, some of them nice people too!

OS
    Android
    I agree with Donslauki nerf SSD as well as people will just use him instead of mummy. But otherwise very nice changes hopefully this will shake things up a bit more and make PVP and PVE better overall.
    treeb0mbb-9454

OS
    Android
    This means I will finally get a prisoner. Death dog on paper seems to be the next must have for pvp. change from siege to isolate looks to be pretty powerful.
    Thursty-1116

OS
    Android
    Wow!!!

So, just to be clear no siege first round, and then it triggers?

Kaz, could you make an example on Pharaoh Eddie Revive all healing? How much should it heal? Is Visions Healling from equilibrium ok too? Could never figure the base for that extra 10% for each skill shard on both skills.

I would still consider more talisman slot chances, posted a while back to Sparton.

Great job guys, looks good on paper, will level the field. Don't know what will be of our defenses...