Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by 90mphyorker View Post
    Sparton, is there any chance the 1 per week limit on skill shards in the arena shop could be changed?

I agree with a limit as people who pump money into the game would get too big an advantage. But 1050 iron coins is not a hard target to achieve through regular play and maybe the odd SoW refill.

I believe lifting the limit to 3 would help alleviate some peoples frustrations when these 'Nerfs' happen as while they'll still think they've lost those skill shards, at least they'll be able to shard up other characters quicker.

Skill shards are the premium item in the game and so hard to come by. 3 a week from the arena doesn't seem like an unreasonably large amount, especially if you are putting the time in with arena.
    This would be a welcome change. I'm sitting on a ton of coins I can't use. Was also thinking it would be cool to introduce a monthly PvP skill oriented character, make shards available for that character in the store, and make the price costly. after X amount of shards you can combine them into the character. After the month is up (or even a few months) pull the character and add it to souls as a 5*, add a new character, rinse and repeat.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosego888 View Post
    Well said, this is the only mobile game I have ever played, probably won't ever be another because of time investment.
    Yeah, I wish there were other ex WoW players, man that grind was insane. In the early days PvP rank was setup similar to this game, if you possessed enough skill you could grind as high as you wanted. Matches were team style like 10v10 in theme based battlegrounds, capture the flag, etc. To get rank #1 (titled Grand Marshal, came with permanent title and exclusive gear) for the week one would literally have to grind like 12+ hours a day, the servers had exponentially more users so competition was crazy fierce. We had a group of 20 or so players that would run together all day every day swapping out tired players, never lose, and pick a player to let take 1st each week who we'd carry the entire time. Otherwise it was virtually impossible to win, if matches lasted too long because someone was slacking, they were booted from the circle, I think we had matches down to like 45 seconds each, was ridiculously efficient. premade groups such as ours were extremely rare so we'd faceroll everyone, they wouldn't even make it out of the starting area haha. Sometimes we'd run into other top server premades and the matches were sometimes a half hour+. Their was private voice chat so the conversations got hilarious, or people would pop in from other teams to talk smack.

I know a lot of people are shocked by my play style but it's the world I come from, not too many hardcore grinders here, so i probably seem crazy to some. well that's my nostalgia for the day

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    I know a lot of people are shocked by my play style but it's the world I come from, not too many hardcore grinders here, so i probably seem crazy to some. well that's my nostalgia for the day
    I get the nostalgia. My co worker is a regular WoW non pvp player. Even with a active guild, they dont raid legendary cuz time/grind restrains.

I have the lucky to daily play LOTB with him. Its good to have someone to chat.

Myself, Im an ex Game Designer and ex MTG grinder. I've seen metagames shifts and bans for lot less than we have here. Auto play is a bless. In fact, that was what made me farm and keep up with the game. Nerfs sucks, always. But we can recover.

But a 3 shards per week would made the burn much much softer.
    Last edited by Zapathusara; 03-30-2017 at 03:26 AM.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapathusara View Post
    I get the nostalgia. My co worker is a regular WoW non pvp player. Even with a active guild, they dont raid legendary cuz time/grind restrains.

I have the lucky to daily play LOTB along someone to chat.

Myself, Im an ex Game Designer and ex MTG grinder. I've seen metagames shifts and bans for lot less than we have here. Auto play is a bless. In fact, that was what made me farm and keep up with the game. Nerfs sucks, always. But we can recover.

But a 3 shards per week would made the burn much much softer.
    Yeah PvE and raids were a whole other animal. Most top tier guilds back then would get together almost every night for 4-6 hours to clear raid instances. Was rough when new raids would come out, guilds would spend weeks wiping over and over trying to figure out boss mechanics. Imagine trying to instruct 40 guild mates on strategy when one persons mistake can mean a failed attempt, people had to solo grind for hours outside the raids just to have potions, etc for attempts. Lots of heated chat sessions and drama haha

And cool, I played a ton of MTG back in the day, still have a giant box of the original revised series, the one after Black Lotus, etc. and dabbled in the digital games, same with Hearthstone. Good memories

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Yeah, I wish there were other ex WoW players, man that grind was insane. In the early days PvP rank was setup similar to this game, if you possessed enough skill you could grind as high as you wanted. Matches were team style like 10v10 in theme based battlegrounds, capture the flag, etc. To get rank #1 (titled Grand Marshal, came with permanent title and exclusive gear) for the week one would literally have to grind like 12+ hours a day, the servers had exponentially more users so competition was crazy fierce. We had a group of 20 or so players that would run together all day every day swapping out tired players, never lose, and pick a player to let take 1st each week who we'd carry the entire time. Otherwise it was virtually impossible to win, if matches lasted too long because someone was slacking, they were booted from the circle, I think we had matches down to like 45 seconds each, was ridiculously efficient. premade groups such as ours were extremely rare so we'd faceroll everyone, they wouldn't even make it out of the starting area haha. Sometimes we'd run into other top server premades and the matches were sometimes a half hour+. Their was private voice chat so the conversations got hilarious, or people would pop in from other teams to talk smack.

I had a few friends several years ago try to get me to play World of Warcraft and I never would because I saw how much time they were putting into it and I new I would become equally obsessed. At that time I was working, going to school, playing in 3 different bands, trying to hang out with a chick once in a while, etc. I would have never slept again if I would have started playing that. I started playing this game because I am a big Iron Maiden fan. I thought it would just be something I had on my phone when I got bored. I don't think you're crazy for the way you play. Hell, I would try to compete with you if I had the time.
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    iOS
    Nerfing characters is always a bad decision... Now AoP and prisoner will become useless (nice to have invest 15-20 skillshards on them..., and 10 others in AoF).
    Just wait 2 weeks to see witch ones will be the new overpowered characters (troll? corrupt rescuer?) so they will be nerf after we have invest skillshards on them...

Very disapointed with this character tuning...

For the Troll, everyone knows what is happened when you attack a troll team without prisoner/blue bat.... If you nerf those 2 toons you have to remove the reflect shield from the troll (or allow more power points for the team who win the coin toss) because there are no counter for this!
    dje-8079

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwithdje View Post
    Nerfing characters is always a bad decision... Now AoP and prisoner will become useless (nice to have invest 15-20 skillshards on them..., and 10 others in AoF).
    Just wait 2 weeks to see witch ones will be the new overpowered characters (troll? corrupt rescuer?) so they will be nerf after we have invest skillshards on them...

Very disapointed with this character tuning...

For the Troll, everyone knows what is happened when you attack a troll team without prisoner/blue bat.... If you nerf those 2 toons you have to remove the reflect shield from the troll (or allow more power points for the team who win the coin toss) because there are no counter for this!
    Prisoner just went from 'Elite' to 'Unwanted'!!! With the pathetic drop rates game is becoming very disheartening! No wonder everyone is leaving! For the 100th time,point system SUCKS!!! Bugs make it 10x worse!!! The 'free' game Maiden wanted is dead!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    I was a hardcore grinder in Wow man. I just left it like a year ago. My 2 greatest grinds are 2 achievements "insane in the membrane" and "Hero of shattrath", the first one took me a year and a half to complete, that's why the reward is the title "the insane" wich I used until I left the game. Lol. You can check it out.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ement#81:15273

By the way 3 skill shards per week sounds so sweet.
    Carlos

Jofer could do 3 vortex sacrifices by dropping only dupes so he could keep 1 of each in case he needs to adapt his strategy. I guess he was super lucky...

I play since the begining of the game (June or July was it?) and kept all my dupes >=4*. Even if I update them all to 5* and max level due to the fact that upgrading a character to the next level does not increase its value significantly (which is unfair for the effort required to get those 3* Evo, I can be happy if I can update 1 char/week but I had 0 in a month to balance with that...) I might just have enough to do 1 vortex sacrifice. What I can only complain to is the RNG for not dropping me better dupes so I could do better sacrifice. Sweet...

Ranking as Eternal or King in PvP gives you additional skill shards, so we have an elite of a few 25 players who are gaining more flexibility in their strategy by getting additional shards (probably keeping a stack to adapt to the next tuning, which I would do too...). And the other players have no chance to compete with them because by the time we've catch up by upgrading 1-2 chars, the next tuning arrives and frustrates you...

I have 50 troopers and play them everyday, but I don't get more than 1 crystal shard every 4 days, so not all my troopers are doing their part of the job (thanks a lot those who do by the way and enjoy the ride while you can to the others :P) and there is no solution coming to figure out how many points did my trooper bring me in the last 7-14 days which would be an excellent statistic.

Clearly I don't know what strategy now to adopt. Do I try to collect 30 skill shards (about 15 weeks) and then figure out what is the trend to setup a good team? That won't help me much anyway because the gap between me and the top 25 will just have gotten bigger. When attacking you have to adapt to the defending team, so the more skill shards you have, the more you get and the stronger you remain....

I understand that Jofer doesn't want any change (who would in his position?), but the system is currently at his advantage.

I think I’ll be looking for Brave New World and the Night City, hope the dev don’t spend too much time on tuning and more on new content overall. I'm not interested in new characters either, I just want to collect the missing characters (maybe if you implement the collector's souls I proposed? http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...ns-for-updates)
    Last edited by CrazyHarry-2514; 03-30-2017 at 07:33 AM.
    Member of CaesarsLegion

Most wanted char: Voidling

Maxed Awakend char:
    LoL WiWoEv
    LoL
    LoL
    Cyb CLoL LoL
    LilNi LoL RaWi

To be maxed: too many

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Prisoner just went from 'Elite' to 'Unwanted'!!! With the pathetic drop rates game is becoming very disheartening! No wonder everyone is leaving! For the 100th time,point system SUCKS!!! Bugs make it 10x worse!!! The 'free' game Maiden wanted is dead!!!
    Well said, the game is becoming more and more like the story of the wobbly table. Cut of a bit of one of the legs and find yourself with another wobbly table, cut of a bit of another leg......you get the idea. In the end there was no table

tex (soon to have a neutered roster)
    Örder of Eld: Sanctuary for players that can live without mandatory Discord-sessions and pow-wows