Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647
    angelkelly

Finally someone has spoken...

Quote Originally Posted by BruceRcR View Post
    [Extreme vitriol]
    Wow, great post man. To bad I wasn't confident enough to say it myself.
    Lol Nodding Frauds...
    Last edited by Sparton_LOTB; 04-11-2017 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Editing out direct attacks against people at the team

Holy shit, I 100% accept criticism, but we will not tolerate direct attacks against the team or our players.

Also, reminder to everyone to please not quote explicitly hateful messages or messages that attack other people. We will not tolerate it, here or elsewhere.

And yes, maintenance coming, which will preclude an update if all goes well.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Holy shit, I 100% accept criticism, but we will not tolerate direct attacks against the team or our players.

Also, reminder to everyone to please not quote explicitly hateful messages or messages that attack other people. We will not tolerate it, here or elsewhere.

And yes, maintenance coming, which will preclude an update if all goes well.
    "Extreme Vitriol" - love the wordplay haha

And sorry about quoting it, noted for the future.

Glad I got a screenshot of that epic post, gonna add it to the trophy case!

OS
    Android
    Was that the first AND last post by BruceRcR? 😆 got it saved in an email.... Sparton had to swing the forum NerF Bat lol!
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    iOS
    Hey Sparton, glad to hear the update might be near - which also means this might be too late for this time, but still some things I noticed:

The revenge passive doesn't seem to work in the arena. I encountered multiple New Born of the Light - both, Assassin and Warrior - and they never countered an attack.

Armor penetration from Pierce Talismans don't seem to work if the enemy has its defense raised - might not be limited to Talismans but its hard to test.

Bleed is the only DoT that does not stack at the moment, is that intended?

Also, is it intended that the Death Dog doesn't buff itself with its damage charge? I actually think it would be to strong otherwise, but I got the feeling that it is bugged similary to frevor.

Some time ago I mentioned that the damage calculation of Vampire Eddie's Mark ability was kinda weird and you said you'd forward the issue. Since he was looked at again for the upcoming update, is there any news on that? Taking him to low level missions makes it clear the initial damage is somehow related to enemy HP, but as I noted last time it's not a pure correlation - of which there shouldn't be any in the first place.

Oh, and the News are still not in the selected language but the language of the device (or something else underlying).

Bet I forgot something...

Also, asides from bug, since I didn't have a chance to mention it: Great that you take a look at Samurai Eddie. I am not sure, however, if damage dealt by him is the main issue. I think the observation that people are not using him might be more due his non-damage dealing abilities - ok, you could argue that these are too relevant because he does not deal enough to make up for them I thought about giving my detailed thoughts on him now, but I might take those to another thread when I have the time. My main issue lies with Soul Sheath that is completely impractical to use, especially in PvP. And with regards to PvP: the whole character cries for a Physical Team while we all know that true damage is the absolute champion in the arena. Also, physical damage dealers tend not to be great defensive supporters and fairly limits your team selection, especially if you are unlucky in regard to certain characters.

My personal reason not using him in PvE is that an efficient farm team with him in the center would require way more red Talismans than I can level at the moment, especially with a lot locked in chars for PvP that are unfit for that role...
    Max-1851

Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    The revenge passive doesn't seem to work in the arena. I encountered multiple New Born of the Light - both, Assassin and Warrior - and they never countered an attack.
    Revenge and Counter can be a bit flaky, yeah. Known issue, sadly.

Armor penetration from Pierce Talismans don't seem to work if the enemy has its defense raised - might not be limited to Talismans but its hard to test.
    Hm, that's curious. I'll pass that along to be checked.

Bleed is the only DoT that does not stack at the moment, is that intended?
    Just checked with Kaz, and that's not intended. We'll adjust that for a future future release.

Also, is it intended that the Death Dog doesn't buff itself with its damage charge? I actually think it would be to strong otherwise, but I got the feeling that it is bugged similary to frevor.
    Huh, it should work for all allies. We'll investigate that as well.

Some time ago I mentioned that the damage calculation of Vampire Eddie's Mark ability was kinda weird and you said you'd forward the issue. Since he was looked at again for the upcoming update, is there any news on that? Taking him to low level missions makes it clear the initial damage is somehow related to enemy HP, but as I noted last time it's not a pure correlation - of which there shouldn't be any in the first place.
    Mark damage is always 12% of the target's Max HP (per Mark), is that maybe what you're seeing? Also, keep in mind that the number on a Mark status effect is the duration, not the amount of marks.

Oh, and the News are still not in the selected language but the language of the device (or something else underlying).
    That might be due to a technical limitation with how the feature is set up, but I'll pass that along as well.

Also, asides from bug, since I didn't have a chance to mention it: Great that you take a look at Samurai Eddie. I am not sure, however, if damage dealt by him is the main issue. I think the observation that people are not using him might be more due his non-damage dealing abilities - ok, you could argue that these are too relevant because he does not deal enough to make up for them I thought about giving my detailed thoughts on him now, but I might take those to another thread when I have the time. My main issue lies with Soul Sheath that is completely impractical to use, especially in PvP. And with regards to PvP: the whole character cries for a Physical Team while we all know that true damage is the absolute champion in the arena. Also, physical damage dealers tend not to be great defensive supporters and fairly limits your team selection, especially if you are unlucky in regard to certain characters.

My personal reason not using him in PvE is that an efficient farm team with him in the center would require way more red Talismans than I can level at the moment, especially with a lot locked in chars for PvP that are unfit for that role...
    Definitely a lot of good points regarding to Samurai Eddie. There's a lot of the Eddies that seem to have been designed very early in the design process for the game, which means their full kit of skills sometimes doesn't reflect the realities of the current meta, but at the same time, there's also the chance that they will have a unique edge in future content purely because of those differences, so it's something we do consider further adjusting (like we did with Rainmaker Eddie). We felt that, at the very least, he could use an Attack buff to start, though.

I definitely keep an eye out for threads that do deep dives into the characters, even if I rarely comment in them, so do let me know if you do post something for him.

Unrelated, the maintenance will be extended a bit longer due to needing more time for some of our checks. I don't have a timeline yet, but I'll post in this thread when I learn more.

OS
    Android
    Seems right to me when you consider his critical strike procs fairly often and hits for 6-7k+ in both physical and magic 100% of the time. Try striking with him after a buff like Soldier eds war torn or CREs black embrace and it deals even more damage. Seems to proc at higher probability once the effect kicks in but don't mention it... they swing the NerF Bat enough as it is...
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

The full update patch notes are now live.

You can discuss the update in the update's discussion thread.