Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    I trust you, just wondering how they'll work.

Btw, do you know if they fix stone and iron talismans? They never added the bonuses if I remember correctly.

I just tested my explosives, they do additional AoE damage, but never say any of those burns applied.
    Yes... it is valid, Stone and Iron Talismans Bonuses are also not displayed, in difference from Strenght, Guardian, Resistance, Resilence and Assassin Talismans Bonuses (I have sat with the calculator, I have counted)...

OS
    iOS
    There should be a "legendary skill shard" this would be a removable skill shard. It could be obtained by sacrificing a fully skill sharded character or for sale in Arena for high amount of iron coin. This would appease people and give incentive to play Arena. 3 regular skill shards for 1 legendary skill shard, something like that....

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by PsiH86 View Post
    Yes... it is valid, Stone and Iron Talismans Bonuses are also not displayed, in difference from Strenght, Guardian, Resistance, Resilence and Assassin Talismans Bonuses (I have sat with the calculator, I have counted)...
    Thanks for the info. Hope they fix this on the next update too.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Thanks for the info. Hope they fix this on the next update too.
    I agree with you! Developers should correct it...

Here now as I will create one more subject in Bug Reports. Suddenly will work, as well as with Ascension (I have created a subject - there was an announcement that correct work of a Talismans)

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    Sparton has mentioned that this is not in any plans for the future but I think those of us who have played this game ad naseum to obtain these little gems can all agree this is a discussion that should be at the top of NF's list of how to make the game better...

While some decisions, like maxing up Death Dog seem to have been a good choice (at least on paper), it's very frustrating to have invested the time and energy we all have to maximize characters only to have them nerfed after the fact.

The way NF has the option to fix what and who they like at any time, we should also have the same option to decide if characters are worth keeping maxed after such things occur.

At the moment I have 7 skill shards that are just sitting in my inventory. I am very hesitant to use them and that should not have to be an issue.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you and everyone else on this matter. Skill shards are the most premium item in the game and, as such, take a long time to amass. Add on to this the fact that skill shards are absolutely needed in order to compete in PVP, and you end up with a problem when toons get nerfed into oblivion and we have no chance to remove those now-useless skill shards and give them to a better toon.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    Sparton has mentioned that this is not in any plans for the future but I think those of us who have played this game ad naseum to obtain these little gems can all agree this is a discussion that should be at the top of NF's list of how to make the game better...

While some decisions, like maxing up Death Dog seem to have been a good choice (at least on paper), it's very frustrating to have invested the time and energy we all have to maximize characters only to have them nerfed after the fact.

The way NF has the option to fix what and who they like at any time, we should also have the same option to decide if characters are worth keeping maxed after such things occur.

At the moment I have 7 skill shards that are just sitting in my inventory. I am very hesitant to use them and that should not have to be an issue.
    I completely agree as well. It seems like now I should max a Death Dog but who's to say that this toon won't be nerfed in the future.

The AoP had to be sharded to be actually useful in PvP but with the upcoming changes this toon will be trash and so now 10 skill shards were wasted.

There has to be some sort of compromise. Maybe you get half the skill shards if you sacrifice a fully sharded toon? Otherwise like you said I don't want to use skill shards.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree with you and everyone else on this matter. Skill shards are the most premium item in the game and, as such, take a long time to amass. Add on to this the fact that skill shards are absolutely needed in order to compete in PVP, and you end up with a problem when toons get nerfed into oblivion and we have no chance to remove those now-useless skill shards and give them to a better toon.
    Sacrifice has made it a lot better. I've done 3 void fills and got shards each time for a total of 24. Obviously you'll get souls sometimes too but at least we have another way to obtain them. Also if you're doing your trooper grinding you can buy one about every 3 days.

The nerfing of characters people invest in is unfortunate, but it's a pretty standard thing among games with PvP. played a bunch of others and it happens in all of them. OP toons get nerfed and underused ones get buffed to keep the game constantly changing and fresh.

Anyone play SWGOH when Royal Guard was essentially useless in all aspects of the game, somewhat of a joke, and with one meta update, went to the single most powerful toon? Even games like World of Warcraft do the same thing. It's not that bad here compared to other grinds. Imagine playing WoW, only having 1 toon you've played and leveled, spent a year grinding raids, etc for gear only to have the class you chose to play nerfed into the ground. It could be worse, and like I said, it's a natural thing with games that evolve and aren't static.

My advice to people is don't sacrifice unless you have dupes or it's an easily obtainable character. I cringe when I see people say stuff like "I sacrificed my Samuari because he sucks and I don't use him". This is exactly how you DON'T want to play, unless you don't care about the long term game. With one update any toon can go to the next best thing. Prepare and play smart and it won't be such of a burden. It's people that don't plan ahead that tend to feel the pain.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Also if you're doing your trooper grinding you can buy one about every 3 days.
    2 days with a full list of active troopers ^^'

On prisoner change, I'm a bit disappointed.
    I read somewhere in the forum to make his passive blocking passives of his teammates.
    This proposition sounds better to me.
    Moreover it is also a change that matches new talisman.

For info, I do not have a prisoner

Other changes sounds good.
    I use all my troopers every day, list closed
    zdm-1083

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Sacrifice has made it a lot better. I've done 3 void fills and got shards each time for a total of 24. Obviously you'll get souls sometimes too but at least we have another way to obtain them. Also if you're doing your trooper grinding you can buy one about every 3 days.

The nerfing of characters people invest in is unfortunate, but it's a pretty standard thing among games with PvP. played a bunch of others and it happens in all of them. OP toons get nerfed and underused ones get buffed to keep the game constantly changing and fresh.

Anyone play SWGOH when Royal Guard was essentially useless in all aspects of the game, somewhat of a joke, and with one meta update, went to the single most powerful toon? Even games like World of Warcraft do the same thing. It's not that bad here compared to other grinds. Imagine playing WoW, only having 1 toon you've played and leveled, spent a year grinding raids, etc for gear only to have the class you chose to play nerfed into the ground. It could be worse, and like I said, it's a natural thing with games that evolve and aren't static.

My advice to people is don't sacrifice unless you have dupes or it's an easily obtainable character. I cringe when I see people say stuff like "I sacrificed my Samuari because he sucks and I don't use him". This is exactly how you DON'T want to play, unless you don't care about the long term game. With one update any toon can go to the next best thing. Prepare and play smart and it won't be such of a burden. It's people that don't plan ahead that tend to feel the pain.
    Well said, this is the only mobile game I have ever played, probably won't ever be another because of time investment. I keep all my characters and have anticipated some others becoming useful at some point. I have invested skill shards in my Angel of Pain also and I don't even care if he is useless, just means all the ones that give me so much hell are useless as well. I was expecting it to be the next dominant character, good to know I was wrong.
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    iOS
    Sparton, is there any chance the 1 per week limit on skill shards in the arena shop could be changed?

I agree with a limit as people who pump money into the game would get too big an advantage. But 1050 iron coins is not a hard target to achieve through regular play and maybe the odd SoW refill.

I believe lifting the limit to 3 would help alleviate some peoples frustrations when these 'Nerfs' happen as while they'll still think they've lost those skill shards, at least they'll be able to shard up other characters quicker.

Skill shards are the premium item in the game and so hard to come by. 3 a week from the arena doesn't seem like an unreasonably large amount, especially if you are putting the time in with arena.