Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Wow,other than Nicko's opening post I haven't read anything overly positive except from people who spent time away from the game! Hint,hint...helloooooo! Don't read the 'Games broken' posts...depressing!!!
    Last edited by Silentknight; 04-02-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

Senior Member The Educated fool's Avatar
    OS
    Android
    Yeah, it's kinda hard (for some of us, anyway) to stay too positive about the game when the only thing looming immediately on the horizon is a bunch of nerfs, rather than an honest attempt at balancing by enhancing existing characters, or adding new, good ones. Then again, there are some delighted by the prospect of Nerfomania running wild--as it soon will--so it's good times for them, at least.

(Not meaning to derail/distract from this thread, incidentally... I just haven't two-centsed Nerfomania anywhere else, and this felt like as good a time as any )
    Last edited by The Educated fool; 04-02-2017 at 08:52 PM.
    EducatedFool-1193

MOFO 4 LIFE!

You know it's not only madmen who listen to Fools

OS
    iOS
    ATT-144/165
    DEF-76/292

I think thats the most attacked i have ever been since pvp started. Seeing as how there's nothing I can do to change it, I just stare at the machine, give it a good what for cussing and try to crawl back up to the points I had and hope to get a little ahead before my next break. Then come back turn on game and repeat.

Can anyone explain this: 2.5 hrs ago my def was 0/0 took a break, only to get into arena and find def is now 1/10 but my defense list only shows 4 new names! WTF!!

I can't see how anyone without a cache of ironite is expected to compete and rise to a decent standing where the rewards are sufficient enough to offset the materials (Chars, talis, shards and runes, TIME) needed to get there. I mean if points are subtracted when you lose on defense and you essentially don't have any control over it, what gives? Oh but wait the point system is biased towards your number of attacks, doesn't really matter when you're being steamrolled by a jacked up defense system.

Sorry didn't mean to go into a rant something just clicked and I had to throw in my two cents. Anyway here's to a better week for all!! Although I don't know how it could get better for Jofer. Congrats bro!
    Last edited by BG840; 04-02-2017 at 09:12 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Nerforama, lol . The educational foolishness has a point as always. I've mentioned before that buffing is always better then nerfing, but that tuant fest needed to stop.PvP has been ok for me but not great. I hope this new update gets me excited again.

OS
    iOS
    A few of us like Rcarter and I have seen dramatically decreased attacks - and many haven't. And I agree with what Ron said - what a huge difference it makes as you go through the week.

As some have pointed out, there seems to be a fairly despondent untertone in this weeks thread. It's unfortunate. And honestly - a Prisoner nerf won't help. It's not the real issue.

While I've focused on it in the last few threads, I don't even think # of times attacked is the real issue. It's the most pertinent defense metric to determine ones success in the current environment (as evidenced in previous weeks by players with mediocre stats making top twenty five) but not the underlying issue.

It really needs to be addressed at the root - the point system.

People will work if they believe they'll make progress. If they perceive their return on their investment of resources - time, Ironite - is fair. But if it's "two steps forward/three steps back"? Ultimately frustration will prevail. And we're starting to see more and more of it.

There are those uber-competitive among us who will suck it up - curse - and then still play a lot in the current environment. But my sense is the more typical player will simply get frustrated - say PvP is not fun anymore - and quietly walk away. And even the Uber-competitive have their limits...

I think ultimately this will need to be addressed. Personally, I think eliminating or greatly reducing the repercussions from having ones defense broken would have increased overall satisfaction significantly more than a massive Prisoner nerf.

A light Prisoner nerf and a restructuring of the point system ( as opposed to a massive Prisoner nerf in the current unfair point system) would - in my opinion - really improve the morale of the player base and help a lot of these negative undertones resolve (some will remain as there will always be complainers).

No update has happened yet. I hope the developers consider the above before any changes are made.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Nicko said it all.
    What this man said above ^^^
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristo4 View Post
    What this man said above ^^^
    Improving A.I. would help alot too! So concerned about 1/2 the toons not being used...no wonder!!!
    Last edited by Silentknight; 04-02-2017 at 10:24 PM.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Improving A.I. would help alot too! So concerned about 1/2 the toons not being used...no wonder!!!
    Improving AI would be great and - as you pointed out - make more toons usable. Definitely needs to be a long term goal. But that takes more programming and in the short term wouldn't be nearly as powerful or easy to implement as a point system restructure.

Lets say you're attacked 300 times. You have a 10% Hold so get dinged 270 times. AI is improved and you're now at 30% Hold. Awesome! Until you realize you're still dinged 210 times and each of those times sets you back 12-20 points.

If you're only attacking 150 times, that still makes for a pretty frustrating experience...
    Last edited by Nicko; 04-02-2017 at 10:34 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Improving AI would be great and - as you pointed out - make more toons usable. Definitely needs to be a long term goal. But that takes more programming and in the short term wouldn't be nearly as powerful as a point system restructure.

Lets say you're attacked 300 times. You have a 10% Hold so get dinged 270 times. AI is improved and you're now at 30% Hold. Awesome! Until you realize you're still dinged 210 times and each of those times sets you back 12-20 points.

If you're only attacking 150 times, that still makes for a pretty frustrating experience...
    Yeah, I was leaning more towards the nerfing. We've complained about the point system since day 1 or at least I have, and they've made MINOR adjustments on a MAJOR flaw. Feels like we're talking to a wall! Sry,didn't mean to take away from your point/post. APU u r bang on!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    Android

This week

Attacks by me: 198
    Defended: 296

Refused to use ironite for refills this week, and just as well. I've seen number of inbound attacks increase each week so I have great sympathy for people who were suffering 400+ in a week. Thought I might get to finish above 2100 points this week but when I woke up Saturday morning it was the usual "oh I lost 300 points overnight" again.

I've never had the prisoner.
    Ian-5547
    I used to play all my troopers every day
    All grind and no respite makes me sad
    One day, I may return