Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Week 10 of PvP - Statistics and Discussion

Happy Easter everyone!

And while there's a separate thread for it - congrats GMAC! PvP seems to be getting pretty competitive and that's a great achievement. You're a beast and I look forward to you and Jofer cracking the 15k barrier one day

Of course we had a Gimp altering update that many seem to be still trying to figure out. Still some strange things like team suicide (I've been the victim a couple of times). And Visions Eddie is no longer the laughing stock of the LotB world - he's actually a pretty powerful Eddie now.

One of the stated fixes with the latest update was improved matchmaking. It will be interesting to see how that balances out. I used to get attacked a ton and they have dropped for the second straight week - but I know this doesn't seem to be the case across the board. Time will tell...

# of times I attacked: 425
    # of times I was attacked: 154
    Ratio: 0.36

My ratio used to be much closer to 1 - and having a little bit of PvP burnout with the nice spring weather - I can't deny I'm appreciating the change.
    Last edited by Nicko; 04-16-2017 at 03:04 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Rank 46 with 2435pts and still no Gimp, troll, HH, Artillery dog or similar Attack was 326/351, 93%, but with lot more errors and crashes. I lost 25 attacks last week when I attacked 497 times. As for def, back to same ol' 16%, 57/352

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Same to you Nicko, Happy Jesus back from the dead day!

Ratios pretty much the same as the week before.

Haven't attacked once yet and I must say, hanging out down below is fun, defense around 50% haha

Edit: do attacks reset when you do your 1st for the week? just noticed my defense stats for this week are accurate but it's still showing last weeks attacks as current. Another bug it looks like.
    Last edited by Jofer16; 04-16-2017 at 03:59 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Tough and very frustrating week for me:

Attacks 96% (116/121)
    Defence: 26% (82/313)
    Ratio: 2.58

PVP Changes

Refined matchmaking values to improve emphasis on players having a fairer attack:defense ratio
    Whatever this was quite clearly didn't work for me last week. I have been saying for the last few weeks that I have zero interest in rank and am chasing coins only. However, I have got into PvP a bit now and did think about having a go at a run to see how high I could get. I had no chance last week as I took 1 step forward, 2 back. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were terrible. Saturday afternoon I played and got up to 1790 points with a view at having a go later in the day. I went out for a few hours and when I got back I had been attacked so much I was back down to 1550. I was all for giving up on PvP and just doing my 1 per day to get my daily rewards but I will see how things go this week.
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android
    attacks 252
    defenses 380

151%

i made a run midweek to try the new changes, i bet if i didn't i would have almost the same defense numebers.
    seem to be everybodys darling Have been attacked much more since the famous matchmaking after the new update :-/

as i said in the update thread, i feel the update was horrible in many cases. bad overtuning of some characters like the nomad who was perfectly before.
    take from f'n VE seems also too be a little to strong. If they reduce the % to 30 or 35 things could be in order....same with SSD who is a pain in the ass with the whole
    buff remover around him...everythings feels like they are trying to improve things, while they break other things. extended beta i'd say...

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    attacks 252
    defenses 380

151%

i made a run midweek to try the new changes, i bet if i didn't i would have almost the same defense numebers.
    seem to be everybodys darling Have been attacked much more since the famous matchmaking after the new update :-/

as i said in the update thread, i feel the update was horrible in many cases. bad overtuning of some characters like the nomad who was perfectly before.
    take from f'n VE seems also too be a little to strong. If they reduce the % to 30 or 35 things could be in order....same with SSD who is a pain in the ass with the whole
    buff remover around him...everythings feels like they are trying to improve things, while they break other things. extended beta i'd say...
    Not surprising they buffed Nomad to the max shortly after I posted I didn't have him. Between that and the speed tuning it's starting to feel like some of these changes are a direct result of me winning.

Banned
    attacks 257
    defenses 201

OS
    Android
    Attacks 172
    Defense 331
    192%

Almost double defenses, way more than week before, 136%.

I would like to know if anyone who has a Visions Eddie can say how much the difference in holds is now and before the last update.

OS
    iOS
    So... I became invisible.
    Attacks: 302
    Defenses: 112

I see now how some people were bragging that making top 25 was easy. I must have received at most 10 attacks all week that werent revenges. Question, do any if you guys at the top get attacked and not just revenged? Is this new? I never saw anybody above me except for Carlos and the infamous edwardgreat. Even then it was very rare or after clearing a few lists. Also nobody above me was attacking me either very much.

Lots of bugs, killed myself a few times and the game is just suddenly shutting down quite a bit. Losing about 4 troopers and a few pvp fights a day.

The prisoner is even stronger but i still dont have any trouble beating him with all the broken toons available. The only things i have trouble with anymore are a combination of the red pyro, death dog and newly souped up F'N Visions Eddie. Man, that Carriage Rider is sooooo weak (maybe if i start that rumor the frogs will make him super good at pvp).

They really need to change the point/ matchmaking system. Its way too stupid right now. I think they purposely had to make the top guys hard to attack due to their stupid point system where you lose double for a loss than you gain for a win. STOP TAKING POINTS FOR DEFENSE LOSSES, PLEAAAASE! 1 SOW per hold. Also, simplify matchmaking, let us attack 5 people above, 5 people below, clear your list 10 people below 10 above and so on for about 5 lists then reset. If youre #1 you go 5 lists down and reset. 10 flat points per win. Done. Top guys get to fight eachother, little guys who are playing well get to advance, and pvp is fun for everyone.

And release the damn trooper eddie and the new worlds already, sheesh.

Sorry for the novel everyone but would love to hear your thoughts.

Sid-2370

OS
    iOS
    attacked: 233
    was attacked: 77
    33%

Was on the lucky side of shoddy matchmaking this week which pretty much meant I coasted my way into the top 25. The newly improved F'N has helped reduce my loss rate too.

Now I've had my fun, I'd like to see someone other than R1ck attack me for once! I hope for fairness' sake NF can hire another programmer to aid in sorting out this issue (with all the money some individual players have put in the game, this shouldn't be a problem )
    Last edited by Hypnos; 04-16-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    mammy-7388