Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 122
  1. #111
    Senior Member Silentknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Barrie,Ontario,Canada
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post
    Haha yes you're on there frequently. I'm thankful there's a revenge cap!

    Looks like Jofer is going for it!
    Lol,if anyone can do it,Jofer can!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    917
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Lol,if anyone can do it,Jofer can!
    No haha not going for it, Enti if you see this you can save your ironite, don't want to see you waste any. Mainly wanted to get Shaman on the podium but got on a roll and wanted to test out the list and matchmaking changes. And I can take the day off now

    Man it's really goofy, way worse than before, seeing the same people over and over, I feel bad for continuing. And I've never seen a game that literally discourages play, as soon as you start attacking and hit whatever the threshold is the attack floodgates open. Was busier earlier this morning and after a win I dropped like 100 points almost during 1 fight. It's literally a pain to rise up now, it's doable, but just isn't that fun. I wonder if they thought it would make people attack more and spend ironite, it seems to have the opposite effect, you get punished for attacking. Really weird tweaks and like I said I've never seen an update that encourages people not to play the game lol.
    Last edited by Jofer16; 04-22-2017 at 06:20 PM.

  3. #113
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    No haha not going for it, Enti if you see this you can save your ironite, don't want to see you waste any. Mainly wanted to get Shaman on the podium but got on a roll and wanted to test out the list and matchmaking changes. And I can take the day off now

    Man it's really goofy, way worse than before, seeing the same people over and over, I feel bad for continuing. And I've never seen a game that literally discourages play, as soon as you start attacking and hit whatever the threshold is the attack floodgates open. Was busier earlier this morning and after a win I dropped like 100 points almost during 1 fight. It's literally a pain to rise up now, it's doable, but just isn't that fun. I wonder if they thought it would make people attack more and spend ironite, it seems to have the opposite effect, you get punished for attacking. Really weird tweaks and like I said I've need seen an update that encourages people not to play the game lol.

    I'm hoping it's just this bad because of the imbalanced ratios from the first half of the week. I had triple the attacks vs defenses when the update came but then I've received close to 300 since the update all at -20 since I was #2.

    On the flip side I have a friend that was the reverse and he's had a period of 20+ hours without an attack and is currently in a top position... and spent not even a fraction of sand I did. I can't go 10 minutes without an attack or two which is very discouraging. Blowing the stockpiles incase this is the end, and that just keeps.me barely stable.

    Hopefully with a fresh week it balances and fixes the repeated names on the lists. Seems like they fix one aspect and roll back another.

  4. #114
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Lubbock, Texas
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    868
    It's going to stay goofy, since some people will have the advantage of points at the reset. I've got a trooper who plays far less than I do who has a 300 point lead over me. I'm currently at 80% on offense (a lot of the losses due to prisoner breaking my team) and 14% on defense. Even if my offensive rate was higher (read as hopefully they get the prisoner fixed on the next update), it'd still be almost impossible for me to catch up to him, in spite of playing at least double what he does. So, if rank was an issue for me, I'd do better to not play. I'd rather have the iron coins to try and buy out the store.
    Last edited by Askora; 04-22-2017 at 06:39 PM.

  5. #115
    Senior Member Silentknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Barrie,Ontario,Canada
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    No haha not going for it, Enti if you see this you can save your ironite, don't want to see you waste any. Mainly wanted to get Shaman on the podium but got on a roll and wanted to test out the list and matchmaking changes. And I can take the day off now

    Man it's really goofy, way worse than before, seeing the same people over and over, I feel bad for continuing. And I've never seen a game that literally discourages play, as soon as you start attacking and hit whatever the threshold is the attack floodgates open. Was busier earlier this morning and after a win I dropped like 100 points almost during 1 fight. It's literally a pain to rise up now, it's doable, but just isn't that fun. I wonder if they thought it would make people attack more and spend ironite, it seems to have the opposite effect, you get punished for attacking. Really weird tweaks and like I said I've never seen an update that encourages people not to play the game lol.
    Yep,exactly! Nothing like driving people away. Feels like we're back to square one! Nothing's changed! Fix 2 bugs,add 5 more! At least they're consistent!!! Kinda sick of updates determining who does well...thot that was up 2 players! Changing it up mid-week is bullshit too. They're gunna do whatever makes em the most money & a big FUCK YOU to the players!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

  6. #116
    Senior Member Tritium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Sunny California
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    *Great post and points as per usual, I mean c'mon, Nicko is like the forum's resident eloquent expert*
    I agree with a lot of what you said in your post, Nicko. I wanted to clarify one thing: I wasn't calling out anyone who has actually put in the work to stay at the top in the past. I was calling out the smaller guys who got to the top only because of a bug, and then COMPLAINED when the bug was no longer working in their favor. That was all. Believe me, I actually think that you, Jofer, Killhouse, Gmac, etc. DESERVE to be almost nonexistent on attack lists. You guys have put in more work than anyone else here. I was simply annoyed at the level of entitlement that some of the less hard-working players were expressing when they started receiving equal attacks to the rest of us.

    This week, I'm actually on the receiving end of the invisible bug (and I do see how nice it is), but believe me, when things go back to normal after the reset, I won't be complaining about no longer being invisible (in fact, it'll allow me to test defensive combos again ).

    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Man it's really goofy, way worse than before, seeing the same people over and over, I feel bad for continuing. And I've never seen a game that literally discourages play, as soon as you start attacking and hit whatever the threshold is the attack floodgates open. Was busier earlier this morning and after a win I dropped like 100 points almost during 1 fight. It's literally a pain to rise up now, it's doable, but just isn't that fun. I wonder if they thought it would make people attack more and spend ironite, it seems to have the opposite effect, you get punished for attacking. Really weird tweaks and like I said I've never seen an update that encourages people not to play the game lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post
    I'm hoping it's just this bad because of the imbalanced ratios from the first half of the week. I had triple the attacks vs defenses when the update came but then I've received close to 300 since the update all at -20 since I was #2.

    On the flip side I have a friend that was the reverse and he's had a period of 20+ hours without an attack and is currently in a top position... and spent not even a fraction of sand I did. I can't go 10 minutes without an attack or two which is very discouraging. Blowing the stockpiles incase this is the end, and that just keeps.me barely stable.

    Hopefully with a fresh week it balances and fixes the repeated names on the lists. Seems like they fix one aspect and roll back another.
    Jofer and Killhouse make great points here. Devs, if you're following this thread, PLEASE consider tweaking the points system in PVP. You literally have the top players here discussing how the current points system encourages them NOT to play or spend money on the game. If I were you, I would seriously listen to their concerns. If the top guys leave, who else will play the way they have? I also have a feeling that if some of them go, you're likely to lose a lot more players than just them.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

  7. #117
    Senior Member Silentknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Barrie,Ontario,Canada
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    1,417
    Sure would be nice if shell & immunity talismans worked ALL the time. Yw Gmac! I am fucking done!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

  8. #118
    Senior Member Nicko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Chicago
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    1,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you said in your post, Nicko. I wanted to clarify one thing: I wasn't calling out anyone who has actually put in the work to stay at the top in the past. I was calling out the smaller guys who got to the top only because of a bug, and then COMPLAINED when the bug was no longer working in their favor. That was all. Believe me, I actually think that you, Jofer, Killhouse, Gmac, etc. DESERVE to be almost nonexistent on attack lists. You guys have put in more work than anyone else here. I was simply annoyed at the level of entitlement that some of the less hard-working players were expressing when they started receiving equal attacks to the rest of us.

    This week, I'm actually on the receiving end of the invisible bug (and I do see how nice it is), but believe me, when things go back to normal after the reset, I won't be complaining about no longer being invisible (in fact, it'll allow me to test defensive combos again ).





    Jofer and Killhouse make great points here. Devs, if you're following this thread, PLEASE consider tweaking the points system in PVP. You literally have the top players here discussing how the current points system encourages them NOT to play or spend money on the game. If I were you, I would seriously listen to their concerns. If the top guys leave, who else will play the way they have? I also have a feeling that if some of them go, you're likely to lose a lot more players than just them.
    I figured that may be the case Tritium - thanks for clarifying - but always a fan of clearing the air

    I appreciate the developers concern of wanting to emphasize the value of defense. But let's be honest - Hold rates CAN'T be that high with an AI - and making defensive holds a carrot as opposed to losses a stick would be a very welcome change.

    It would be interesting if they would try it - a minimal (0-5 point) loss on broken defense (can keep the current point ding for losses if you're the attacker) - and they monitored Ironite spent. I don't think it would go down. Maybe up the rewards tiers if they're concerned about people reaching them too easily.

    It certainly would be a more rewarding environment - and also largely take the pressure off of the developers to equalize matchmaking.

    It's a universal refrain in my Discord group - glad others agree...
    Nicko-0517

  9. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    138
    [QUOTE=Tritium;38199]I agree with a lot of what you said in your post, Nicko. I wanted to clarify one thing: I wasn't calling out anyone who has actually put in the work to stay at the top in the past. I was calling out the smaller guys who got to the top only because of a bug, and then COMPLAINED when the bug was no longer working in their favor. That was all. Believe me, I actually think that you, Jofer, Killhouse, Gmac, etc. DESERVE to be almost nonexistent on attack lists. You guys have put in more work than anyone else here. I was simply annoyed at the level of entitlement that some of the less hard-working players were expressing when they started receiving equal attacks to the rest of us.

    So Tritium its ME youre attacking. You are completely misreading my comments man. I was saying out loud I was invisible cause I didnt think it was right. Ive been plenty annoyed by the bug since it surfaced. Im glad the update fixed it (thought the fix was a bit extreme as everybody else seems to feel is all).

    Ive worked just as hard as you to stay afloat while getting murdered on defense and have gotten into the top 50 several times without the bug.

    Anyway, its been a crazy week. After being invisible until the update the pimp hand of RNGezuz and Sparton came down on me HARD. About 200 attacks in a day and a half and had sunk to about 1800 points. Ill try to get back up to over 2100 by reset.

    I still think the loss of points on defense is stupid, always will think that. Stop taking points for defense losses; thats the solution. That way nobody gets a free ride, not just the top guys, not some lucky few. That way the best players win and the rest of us dont feel cheated. The game is supposed to be fun, after all it is a game.

    Sid-2370

  10. #120
    Senior Member Tritium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Sunny California
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkness View Post

    So Tritium its ME youre attacking. You are completely misreading my comments man. I was saying out loud I was invisible cause I didnt think it was right. Ive been plenty annoyed by the bug since it surfaced. Im glad the update fixed it (thought the fix was a bit extreme as everybody else seems to feel is all).


    I still think the loss of points on defense is stupid, always will think that. Stop taking points for defense losses; thats the solution. That way nobody gets a free ride, not just the top guys, not some lucky few. That way the best players win and the rest of us dont feel cheated. The game is supposed to be fun, after all it is a game.
    Haha no, man, you didn't come to mind when I typed that up. Shit, I almost feel like I have to call out the people I had in mind to avoid confusion lol (still won't though, I don't want to put others on the spot).




    It seems like a majority of the forum players all agree now that defensive point losses shouldn't be a thing, or should at least be reduced from the current egregious 20-12 possible points lost.

    Sparton or Kaz, if either of you are following this thread, can you please let us know that you're seeing our concerns here? We'd love to know where your heads are at concerning the current points system ─ and if you are contemplating any changes to said system for a future update.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •