Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    No... I'm saying that we shouldn't even compare Soldier Eddies true damage output since he's too inconsistent. We shouldn't use Soldier Eddie at all to test talismans.

I'm pretty sure you are on the right track regarding talismans working or not. But it's impossible to know with this Eddie.

Edit:
    Also, what I wanted to show is, that his true damage is not that high compared to other end game OP characters. Only 10k/13k difference between his SPECIAL and other true damage dealer BASIC or POWER attack is not that much.

I have another screen with the harpys basic attack hitting for like 13k without buffs if you want it.
    The bottom line is that the original poster wanted to know which talismans would work best on his soldier. People gave suggestions, and backed up those suggestions with proof. I don't understand why certain people *cough* aur0ra85*cough* is fighting with himself. no one is arguing. Before the 'crazy post' everyone was just putting in their recommendations to the original poster and they were pretty solid suggestions. Whether the soldier is broken or not and whether the damage is too inconsistent to test or not is not the issue. No one here said ANYTHING about something working better than anything else (check ALL posts before the crazy breakdown). Everyone was just trying to help and I feel it really did, especially (whether other sets are better or not) since that specific recommendation proves it can make soldier eddie do some awesome damage.

I'm with you, Gonzo. Some characters do more true damage. You just proved that. And yes, the true damage output is not a good indicator. But nobody can argue that the damage is pretty darn good with that build that BeeBoo posted. No one said it was "THE BEST" and other people are arguing as if that was the claim (to be clear: not you. I couldn't believe the one post where someone just had a nervous breakdown, and literally said "this is getting out of hand" when no one before that was arguing or even disagreeing. AT ALL. I laughed until I was blue because of how ridiculous this got. I don't like the fighting either. It just seems everyone is on common sense island except for one person. That person is on Salty island.

OS
    Android
    Hey!!! No name calling, bro!!!! :P Bad Vaseodin!!!! LOL

aur0ra... Ok, which set do you say is best? I have like 1.5M gold. For the sake of ending this nonsense I'll level those talismans exactly as the ones my Eddie has right now and post the results.

I'll start another thread once I have the results.

Lol. Good idea.

When we are at it:

STRENGTH vs GUARDIAN Talisman set - the GUARDIAN seems to be the best(at least for Solder Eddie) with its set bonus of ATK +20% of the DEFENSE stat compared to the STRENGTH set's +15% ATK - but only by a small amount.
    As posted in this thread: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...ustrated-Guide the GUARDIAN Talisman set provides 16 more points for the ATK stat compared to the STRENGTH set(for level 4 Soldier Eddie).

So it seems that the GUARDIAN set is marginally better.

OS
    iOS
    Good job bringing the post back on topic JCJNL92. Like many have said your original post was about Talisman suggestions. Many posted those suggestions, including myself. None of the suggestions stated being the "best" option. Never in your OP was it asked if SE was better than any other Eddie and so it did not need to be discussed. I may test those Guardians and switch out my Strength but for now I am saving my money till I can level to 5*. I still kill with ease in Madness all the way up to NoTB and usually within 8 turns on hard fights. Not worried about "best numbers" till PVP comes out and by then maybe most of the bugs will be worked out on damages.

Quote Originally Posted by JCJNL92 View Post
    When we are at it:

STRENGTH vs GUARDIAN Talisman set - the GUARDIAN seems to be the best(at least for Solder Eddie) with its set bonus of ATK +20% of the DEFENSE stat compared to the STRENGTH set's +15% ATK - but only by a small amount.
    As posted in this thread: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...ustrated-Guide the GUARDIAN Talisman set provides 16 more points for the ATK stat compared to the STRENGTH set(for level 4 Soldier Eddie).

So it seems that the GUARDIAN set is marginally better.
    At level 100 SE has 651 attack and 420 def, so strenght is better than guardian at level 100.

So if you go for full attack go with 2 'strengh fierce' set and a set of 'boost talisman will'.
    If you want a bit more of survavility change one 'strenght fierce' set for a 'health talisman overwhelming'.
    By the way if you have a 'warp talisman will' set you dont need the boost set because the difference is so small that is not worth to spend the gold again.
    It is my opinion
    Last edited by XcarecroW; 08-04-2016 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Good job bringing the post back on topic JCJNL92. Like many have said your original post was about Talisman suggestions. Many posted those suggestions, including myself. None of the suggestions stated being the "best" option. Never in your OP was it asked if SE was better than any other Eddie and so it did not need to be discussed. I may test those Guardians and switch out my Strength but for now I am saving my money till I can level to 5*. I still kill with ease in Madness all the way up to NoTB and usually within 8 turns on hard fights. Not worried about "best numbers" till PVP comes out and by then maybe most of the bugs will be worked out on damages.
    amen, brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormseye View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaseodin View Post
    amen, brother.
    Good job to you guys too!

@XcarecroW
    Thank you - i did not know that the ATK and DEF base stat proportions changed like that with Soldier Eddie in level 5(is it right after the evolving from *4 to *5?). Then the STRENGTH talisman set would be the better set compared to the GUARDIAN set, yes.

So:
    For the highest boost of the ATK stat for Soldier Eddie:
    Level 4 Eddie: GUARDIAN talisman set providing a bonus of the ATK stat with +20% of the DEF stat.
    Level 5 Eddie: STRENGTH talisman set providing a bonus of the ATK stat with +15% of the ATK stat.

Quote Originally Posted by JCJNL92 View Post
    Good job to you guys too!

@XcarecroW
    Thank you - i did not know that the ATK and DEF base stat proportions changed like that with Soldier Eddie in level 5(is it right after the evolving from *4 to *5?). Then the STRENGTH talisman set would be the better set compared to the GUARDIAN set, yes.

So:
    For the highest boost of the ATK stat for Soldier Eddie:
    Level 4 Eddie: GUARDIAN talisman set providing a bonus of the ATK stat with +20% of the DEF stat.
    Level 5 Eddie: STRENGTH talisman set providing a bonus of the ATK stat with +15% of the ATK stat.
    Yes, basically it seems that at 4* guardian set its a bit better, but at 5* character the strengh is the one to go. It applies to the magus character with the magic as well. Anyway the strengh set its only like 17 points better than guardian so. if you have the guardian at 5* its not worth to invest in a strengh one. Its your decision.

Here's the real problem - trying to make Soldier Eddie a heavy hitter!

Haha. He has some serious potential, but his damage is too random to be the main damage source on your team. And with moves like Roulette (good heal, fury generation, power generation, random positive buffs all for 0 power) and Roar (generates power and extra turns for 0 cost), he's much better at keeping your actual damage rolling. Heck even War Torn is better as a buff ( DEF/ATK/MR/MAG up for 3 turns for the whole team) than as a damaging move.

You want massive damage? Use a harpy or another eddie or whatever. Can Soldier Eddie hit hard? Heck yes. Can he do it consistently? Nope.