Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Wait... I might be wrong about this. But Soldier Eddies damage is not consistent enough to use him as "proof".

    I have a 5* SE and he does different damage every time against the same enemy. I'm not talking about the damage type, just plain damage. I'm pretty sure there's a damage range but he does not work as, for ex. my corrupted harpy that does the same amount of damage every time (regardless of true damage).

    Maybe if we could test this on a true damage dealer we might understand it better.

    i don't know

    Anyways, I use Streng (Fierce); Guardian (Fierce) and Boost (Will). I sacrificed health and went full attack.
    To me the fact is the game is heavily bugged at the moment, no one knows how to measure this kind of things, neither the devs know probably, I mean, thay cannot even make the people log in, do you think they are interested or are working on these min-max mechanics and small things?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    Someone posted that strength talismans were the best for the soldier Eddie build, and I've seen it posted many times already in this forum that those are the best for attack stat. It's simply not true. I'd love to see some actual concrete numbers with regards to scaling the magic and attack stats on soldier Eddie and the skill stats. Who knows if we have actually unlocked the best build out there when people are being told to build a certain way as a fact.
    The vampiric talismans might actually work decently with this build, but until someone tries and posts a legit test thread, it's all just hearsay.
    I'm looking through some of the level 50 talisman stats in the other thread, and an interesting one I've found is the thief set. It has a great HP and magic buff. Has anyone tried these on perhaps a King pharaoh dog? You aren't losing much magic compared to a blue build, you're gaining LOTS of HP, the thief ability, and a mega buff to special stat which helps whatever Eddie you're running (Or Axis commander.....)
    I'd love to see some more testing of odd ball talismans.
    I get your point, but I think wha
    t people are trying to say (and some have posted pics as proof) is that you can get a pretty decent soldier Eddie by using strength talismans. I don't use the character so I can't say for certain, but BeeBoo (I think is his name) put up pics doing sick damage. I don't have any characters that can hurt that much so I would day his advice/build is pretty solid. Yeah, there may be better ones, but for now who can argue with the fact that his build is pretty on point?

    I get that Soldier is kind of random in his damage output and some things seem to be bugged. But overall as it stands if I were building a soldier Eddie I would copy exactly what BeeBoo has done with his. Until someone else can post a better build with some proof I don't see a reason to doubt the idea of using strength talismans.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    647
    whatever you say man. I'm done trying to discount a wives tale.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Qed View Post
    To me the fact is the game is heavily bugged at the moment, no one knows how to measure this kind of things, neither the devs know probably, I mean, thay cannot even make the people log in, do you think they are interested or are working on these min-max mechanics and small things?
    I think this is not a game breaking problem. So it's ok if it stays like this if they keep working on bugs like people loosing their accounts, which I know for a fact that they are putting all their effort.


    Regarding Soldier Eddie... Again, his damage is too inconsistent to use it as proof.

    Mine does from 9k (magic or physical) damage to 30 something k (true damage) which is not much compared to this.

    Name:  Harpy Damage.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  208.1 KB

    Name:  Harpy Damage2.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  245.4 KB


    The first one is the Harpys Power Attack (which is broken) and the second one is a basic attack, I assume it obviusly crit although the text wasn't shown.


    Soldier Eddie should not be used to test talismans because of this, the damage range between magic/physical attacks and True Damage is HUGE.


    Finally, don't fight guys. It makes my heart ache.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    305
    Of course the gap between True and Magic/Physical is going to be huge - especially at Madness levels. Because True damage ignores DEF and MR. Equip Soldier Eddie with a MR Ignore or DEF Ignore Talisman, get it to proc, and see those numbers come right up. If you're comparing Soldier Eddies Physical/Magical damage to another unit's True damage, it's apples to oranges.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    624
    No... I'm saying that we shouldn't even compare Soldier Eddies true damage output since he's too inconsistent. We shouldn't use Soldier Eddie at all to test talismans.

    I'm pretty sure you are on the right track regarding talismans working or not. But it's impossible to know with this Eddie.

    Edit:
    Also, what I wanted to show is, that his true damage is not that high compared to other end game OP characters. Only 10k/13k difference between his SPECIAL and other true damage dealer BASIC or POWER attack is not that much.

    I have another screen with the harpys basic attack hitting for like 13k without buffs if you want it.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 08-04-2016 at 03:32 PM.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    No... I'm saying that we shouldn't even compare Soldier Eddies true damage output since he's too inconsistent. We shouldn't use Soldier Eddie at all to test talismans.

    I'm pretty sure you are on the right track regarding talismans working or not. But it's impossible to know with this Eddie.
    It depends on which of his "attacks" you're using to measure. Unfortunately both War Torn and Bullet Trace deal random damage, making it hard to get a consistent number. Barrage (and Acrid Smoke, not that anyone uses it) deal a single type, and should be a lot more consistent. Still, if you would rather test with a specialist like the Soulless Demons, there's nothing wrong with that.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    160
    That specific enemy seems to take more damage than it should, I have seen a 32k damage from Carriage (the flare ability) on him.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by Trystangst View Post
    It depends on which of his "attacks" you're using to measure. Unfortunately both War Torn and Bullet Trace deal random damage, making it hard to get a consistent number. Barrage (and Acrid Smoke, not that anyone uses it) deal a single type, and should be a lot more consistent. Still, if you would rather test with a specialist like the Soulless Demons, there's nothing wrong with that.

    So, you agree that Soldier Eddie is to inconsistent... We should be trying talismans on other characters then. I can't do it, I studied Philosophy, I hate math, it haunts me. For real.

    Quote Originally Posted by Qed View Post
    That specific enemy seems to take more damage than it should, I have seen a 32k damage from Carriage (the flare ability) on him.
    That's why we use him.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    647
    I feel like people are taking soldier Eddie a little too seriously. He has some great abilities for sure, but his basic from what I've seen is terrible, and you can't use an ability every round and expect to heal and buff. Other characters from what I have seen have some OP basic attacks like the harpy and samurai Eddie ->which you can use every round, in addition they are currently broken characters which upon fixing should produce way more consistent heavy damage. There seems to be some witchcraft as well with The true damage characters as not all the scaling is listed, some trial and error is going to be involved. We have a long ways to go to find out which characters produce the most damage. I'll also note at this point: boo has some great results with his soldier, but it's not by any stretch how good it could be with a better set of talismans, and some of the rare characters like Axis commander, Harpy, Samurai, nomad, especially in congunction with passive/active buffs do enormous damage in comparison with just basic abilities that you can use every round. I've personally seen samurai Eddie hit for 80000 damage against a group of enemies with his fury, and with a Unbuffed basic he hits beez at 20k per shot without max talismans.
    Soldier Eddy is good, but there are far better characters out there IMHO. I feel like people are a little too horny for Soldier Eddie, to the point of flat out ignoring many of the other powerful characters/abilities, in addition, more experimentation is going to be required with his builds.
    I also am praying at this point that soldier Eddie and the passive parties get some decent nerfs before PvP comes out, cause as of right now the matches would be terrible ->if they ever ended it would be decided by which party is more invincible and would probably take a half hour of spamming buffs to finish.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •