Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Does Anyone Actually Like Visions Eddie?

    A Trooper has him at level 100 and he got killed in a joke of a level in battlefield. No level 100 should die in battlefield at all, imo.

  2. #2
    He's pretty bad

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Yorkshire
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    535
    Nope, having played with one belonging to a trooper, I don't like him at all.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    624
    I use him as a "filler". Although to be honest I use all my Eddie allies as fillers :P

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessHammerhead View Post
    A Trooper has him at level 100 and he got killed in a joke of a level in battlefield. No level 100 should die in battlefield at all, imo.
    Well, in fairness, that one likely had no talismans attached. I am not saying Visions Eddie is good, but Talismans are like 80% of your stats, and even a level 100 Eddie with no talismans will get wrecked.

    As a Sentinel type, Visions Eddie should actually end up incredibly hard to kill, since many of his skills are based on HP.

    His skills are really really bad though, I won't disagree on that one. He has 1) mediocre single target ability, 2) mediocre single target power ability, 3) self only damage shield, 4) very weak multi-target power ability, 5) meciocre single target ability, 6) pretty great teamwide heal/dispel.

    So you have 5 bad abilities, none of which give any reasonable killing ability, and a top tier healing ability that heals 2 turns in a row while removing negative effects for 2 turns.

    Oh, and his Fury move is actually pretty awful as far as I can tell. The damage isn't great, and you stun all enemies for 1 turn, but stun yourself for 2. That means that if Eddie is your primary healer, the other team gets a lot of attacks between your heal before the Fury and your heal after the Fury.

    So if you need an Eddie that is near impossible to kill and can heal like a beast, he's not bad, but his inability to really kill makes him kind of a liability.
    Last edited by Mistikman-3331; 07-30-2016 at 06:57 AM.

  6. #6
    So I got a rare soul today when my Sands of time bonus stage on Normal opened up ... and I got none other than a 5* Visions Eddie. Yay ;(

    Guess it's better than not getting anything at all, but I thought it was ironic that I haven't been able to even level my talismans, much less my favorite characters, and then I get the one I bashed in a post. Life's LOL.
    Last edited by HeadlessHammerhead; 08-03-2016 at 01:53 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member BillLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Connecticut
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    938
    I have one trooper with a well built visions eddie and would tend to agree, it's just not the best character in the game.

    I have a similar question about Pharaoh Eddie. I drew him a few days ago and he is my only 5* hero. I had several other characters being developed so I've been trying to put all other efforts into him. So far I'm finding him lackluster in terms of damage. A GREAT feature is his ability to revive/heal all allies. I wonder if he's good to have simply as an alternate for that (and to sustain heavy damage).

    Would you place Pharaoh Eddie in the same category as Visions Eddie, or do I just need to be patient and wait for him to be maxed? (He's currently at level 54 and his talismans are half 3s & half 4s, which I'm pumping up daily).

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BillLion View Post
    Would you place Pharaoh Eddie in the same category as Visions Eddie, or do I just need to be patient and wait for him to be maxed? (He's currently at level 54 and his talismans are half 3s & half 4s, which I'm pumping up daily).
    Well, a good trick is when you're in the middle of battle, tap and hold on the character and it'll tell you its purpose. For example, I have a yellow Gunner Dog, and he's a multiple-round attacker. Carriage Rider Eddie is a Multiple Enemy Stat Destroyer, the Troll is a Party Enhancer, and my purple possessed mine is a Mixed Damage Support character. You can check the enemy as well, to help determine how you're going to do battle - So for example, the green Allied Soldier is a Party Healer, so using Heal Block attacks would be the focus. The problem with Visions Eddie, however, is that he's a High Health Stunner - but he stuns himself with his Special more than he stuns the enemy. It's suicide!

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    OS
    Android
    Posts
    165
    Nope I do not.

  10. #10
    Senior Member BillLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Connecticut
    OS
    iOS
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by HeadlessHammerhead View Post
    Well, a good trick is when you're in the middle of battle, tap and hold on the character and it'll tell you its purpose. For example, I have a yellow Gunner Dog, and he's a multiple-round attacker. Carriage Rider Eddie is a Multiple Enemy Stat Destroyer, the Troll is a Party Enhancer, and my purple possessed mine is a Mixed Damage Support character. You can check the enemy as well, to help determine how you're going to do battle - So for example, the green Allied Soldier is a Party Healer, so using Heal Block attacks would be the focus. The problem with Visions Eddie, however, is that he's a High Health Stunner - but he stuns himself with his Special more than he stuns the enemy. It's suicide!
    Thanks, that's helpful! I had done that when I first started, but then kind of forgot about that feature.

    His description is "high health reviver." So it indeed seems his use will be endurance and revival rather than ever being a heavy hitter.

    I LOVE my carriage rider eddie, but he needs to get to 5*s now that I'm trying to push through the underworld hard level and beyond. Hopefully I'll eventually get all the resources! But it seems he might be my attack beast and Pharaoh may come in as needed to revive or ride out a level.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •