Page 28 of 58 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    after using visions since the update on offense and defense i have learned something about him and the game.

visions is only a problem when all of this things happend at together:

1. Enemy goes first
    2. visions act before taunter/stunner
    3. Visions actually remove buffs
    4. the taunter/stunner tiggers on your stripped toons.
    5. you have to loose despite this all happends

when all these things happend together you are screwed and there is not much you can do about . while this seems to be an unlikely scenario, it seems to be more common
    in pvp, when i look at the holding rates. he is clearly to handle and most good players have excellent winning rates against him. if you pair him with some extremly strong toons, he can be a real pain, but this scenario is much better than "prisoner without immunity talisman" scenario, so we have made huge progress. if you change him for the first round he will be useless, only thing that could be done is to reduce take to 30% or something similar.
    what i really hate about him as i pointed out last time that EVERY top team uses him. that really kills the diversity of pvp. OTOH there will prolly always be one or more key toon that everyone will use, like VE/ SSD, so i'm not sure, that this can really be solved in someway. i'm really not entirely sure anymore what to think about him, he grants us some holds anyway, which is very nice but as long as he is the only toon that gives you such a significant advantage this is unbalanced i feel.
    Last edited by slauki; 04-25-2017 at 01:36 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    I think I'll be dropping from forum for a while as I'm tired of seeing all the cry over certain characters.

Continuous whining over Prisoner, AoF, AoP, VE etc. and the list goes on, then changes with a tuning update. Rinse and repeat.
    Haven't seen this much outcry over GRE aoe + extra turn + triple slash killing shell talis buffed pyro soldier within one turn. I experienced this several times. So what? Ah yes I remember - devs should reduce GRE additional attack trigger chance to 1%. Am I doing this right?

There must be many other things like this above which cause dissatisfaction (a term I purposefully used as I do not think the feeling is anything more than that) - but man the fuck up and accept that there are teams stronger than you, that RNG is working both for and against you, and sometimes you cannot do anything. Reading through posts about VE too damn OP, everyone uses it, do something, it's imbalanced etc. gives the impression that you guys are having 70% attack rate, while I am mostly sure this is not the case. Also I feel you think Nicko, Jofer, Shaolin, Chaosego, Gmac and all others who actually achieved something would ever give a fuck about losing a battle. Guess what - no, they gave constructive feedback and an analysis on that particular failure instead.

I've never seen a post about from the opposite PoV saying "Ey, my VE burnt all 4 characters' talisman buffs and I obliterated my enemy in two turns"

Learn from losses, adapt to changes, revise your strategy. If you cannot, then go find something else to play with - checkers e.g. for total balance like Nicko suggested.

Yes, there are many who have limited options because they either joined the game relatively late, or did not have the luck so far to use characters that ease their PVP struggle. I read a brilliant post on this forum where someone (sorry for not remembering the name) said this is like a poker game. You have to play with what you're dealt, not what you want to have, and having something powerless in your hands does not justify the need to reduce the value of others.

There are way more serious concerns about the game than some toons being more powerful than others, and when you have 140+ characters available, you will not achieve balance, and with the different native star levels it never should be.

Sorry guys for swearing but really I can't stand this continuous complaining.
    If this post does not concern you, then keep scrolling. I'm open for any amount of hate.
    Enti-2694

OS
    Android
    I'm wondering how AoP passive should work?
    If I'm going first against an AoP team, at AI turn, AoP passive seems to apply and all my talismans effects are gone!

So in fact, better to prepare a team with AoP that will destroy you if it goes second? XD
    I use all my troopers every day, list closed
    zdm-1083

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by zdm-1083 View Post
    I'm wondering how AoP passive should work?
    If I'm going first against an AoP team, at AI turn, AoP passive seems to apply and all my talismans effects are gone!

So in fact, better to prepare a team with AoP that will destroy you if it goes second? XD
    It's removed from first turn, not from first round. This caused a big surprise for me as well.
    Yes, if you go first, after your attacks are over, everything ticks as Siege "Reduces the duration of beneficial effects every turn. (Does not apply to first turn beneficial effects)"

What I'm not sure about is if applies at the start or at the end of the turn, but I think it's at the beginning.
    Enti-2694

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    visions is only a problem when all of this things happend at together:

1. Enemy goes first
    2. visions act before taunter/stunner
    3. Visions actually remove buffs
    4. the taunter/stunner tiggers on your stripped toons.
    5. you have to loose despite this all happends
    Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    I think I'll be dropping from forum for a while as I'm tired of seeing all the cry over certain characters.

Continuous whining over Prisoner, AoF, AoP, VE etc. and the list goes on, then changes with a tuning update. Rinse and repeat.
    Haven't seen this much outcry over GRE aoe + extra turn + triple slash killing shell talis buffed pyro soldier within one turn. I experienced this several times. So what? Ah yes I remember - devs should reduce GRE additional attack trigger chance to 1%. Am I doing this right?

There must be many other things like this above which cause dissatisfaction (a term I purposefully used as I do not think the feeling is anything more than that) - but man the fuck up and accept that there are teams stronger than you, that RNG is working both for and against you, and sometimes you cannot do anything. Reading through posts about VE too damn OP, everyone uses it, do something, it's imbalanced etc. gives the impression that you guys are having 70% attack rate, while I am mostly sure this is not the case. Also I feel you think Nicko, Jofer, Shaolin, Chaosego, Gmac and all others who actually achieved something would ever give a fuck about losing a battle. Guess what - no, they gave constructive feedback and an analysis on that particular failure instead.

I've never seen a post about from the opposite PoV saying "Ey, my VE burnt all 4 characters' talisman buffs and I obliterated my enemy in two turns"

Learn from losses, adapt to changes, revise your strategy. If you cannot, then go find something else to play with - checkers e.g. for total balance like Nicko suggested.

Yes, there are many who have limited options because they either joined the game relatively late, or did not have the luck so far to use characters that ease their PVP struggle. I read a brilliant post on this forum where someone (sorry for not remembering the name) said this is like a poker game. You have to play with what you're dealt, not what you want to have, and having something powerless in your hands does not justify the need to reduce the value of others.

There are way more serious concerns about the game than some toons being more powerful than others, and when you have 140+ characters available, you will not achieve balance, and with the different native star levels it never should be.

Sorry guys for swearing but really I can't stand this continuous complaining.
    If this post does not concern you, then keep scrolling. I'm open for any amount of hate.
    Thats it.

I really feel that some of you guys want to know easy ways to defeat some teams and want to skip the hard time thinking and testing with lots of char+talis combos.
    Just like I said before and like Enti said now, test, adapt, try. I never achieved 100% win rate in this game and Im sure that you guys have at least 90% win rate agains these teams your talking.
    Whats the point of all of this complain? Diversity? Now Im seeing LOTS more dif teams in the arena, GREs, VEs and Mummies.
    Why have we stagnate and didn't see more diversity from now? Couse some key toons are broken! Immunity doenst work, lots of passives are bugged when facing a prisoner even when hes dead, extra turns trigering out of nowhere and lots of other issues/crashes/problems to be solved and you guys are complaining about a thing that you have no trouble to face and is completly dependent on RNG?

Today I faced two really nice teams that gave me a hard time and guess what, none using a VE and both with the new counter talis and chars that remove beneficial effects. Instead of simply sacrifice whatever you got from souls, take a time and read that chars can do.
    Last edited by HomemLivre; 04-25-2017 at 04:35 PM.

OS
    iOS

Viking

Can we please fix Viking Eddie's Loot ability?

OS
    Android
    I agree 100% with Enti. Man up and work on your offense. It can be done -- I pretty much never lose these days, VE or not, and there are others with similar numbers. Prove your skill at this game.

People act as if it's their God-given right to show up with a troll and a couple of immunity talismans and just sit pretty the first round. To me, VE has made battles more interesting and I actually think he's improved diversity -- while there are many Vision Eddies, there is considerably more diversity under him, allies that before had easy counters like Hellhound + Troll. I've had some really fun battles these last couple of weeks whereas before the Take overhaul it was almost automatic.

Don't be like "OMG they stunned my immunity-clad cleanser -- that's it, game's broken". Your entire team needs to be geread towards getting back on your feet. Yes VE might get a lucky roll or two (which is rarer than you think, see Enti) but eventually he will draw the other way or simply get distracted.

As for him being the new Mummy -- for starters he's a rare 5-star character with few other redeeming qualities. I've only ever seen one, whereas I got dozens of Mummies and the other PvP favorite, GRE, is something that everyone gets eventually. There should be aspirational characters in the game or the grinding for souls will soon enough have no meaning. For example, I'm still trying to get that Prisoner rather than yell for him to be nerfed some more. And like I said, Mummy lead to uniform Taunt-focused teams whereas Visions is a sort of generic disabler of universal counters.

Yes I do have a Visions, and he's helped my defense a slight bit but not overly so. If he were nerfed it wouldn't be a big loss on that front, but it would take a lot of the thrill out of offense and it would send a bad signal about this game -- that if a character has a visible strength on defense it will be removed so that attackers stop complaining. And before you say Prisoner, I fully believe that the "disable passives" change had much more to do with the Prisoner's strength on offense than defense (which immunity talismans took care of).

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Killhouse View Post
    Can we please fix Viking Eddie's Loot ability?
    Just like his loot the blue CR didnt steal and Trolls thief either. Its broken when you try to steal a char with immunity... its anoying.
    Another but to be fixed asap.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by angelkelly View Post
    Hell just imagine being able to do one thing for the rest of your life. Of course you will either start complaining or try to find ways to better improve it. Esp since its all you got.
    If this game is the only thing you have in life I'd suggest you're the one that needs to take a break lol

OS
    iOS
    Sure that I'm not complaining about VE, i'm even happy that he becomes at least a great character as he should be since the beginning (isn't he a 5* eddie?). I don't want any nerf for him, but i don't want that for any character... As Nicko said, if we can win over 90% of the time VS Vision teams he is not OP... Arena oblige us to adapt our playing every week for staying competitive...
    dje-8079