Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Hi everybody

Point system could use some adjustment, probably on defense points won or lost, like some already suggested.

I'm now worried about my defense, for some time now I have absolutely neglected it, just saw what was working against me and put something in there and hope it was good for some holds. I'm now eager to actually do some testing with different toons and talismans combinations. (could use removable skill shards here Sparton!)

And good that we can use time during the week for that, and farming for materials + ironite, and so, hopefully, we'll be ready for Saturday Madness... (you guys know I love it right?)

1000 points difference from top to probably 200 position, It's gonna be awesome! And new names! Ryan (excellent trooper) is 2nd, and there is a Johnny lv 74 at 10th!

What really concerns me are different loading times and speed differences within the game. Like matchmaking, should be the same for everybody. (hope it's possible!)

Oh, Sparton,
    When can we expect the following:
    1 - BNW?
    2 - A new Sparton 300 like event?
    3 - Update for major bug fixes

Also, until when we'll be able to buy sacrificial souls?

I guess that's it, I'ts been a busy week at work, not much time left for forum unfortunately:/

Cheers
    gmac
    Last edited by gmac; 04-27-2017 at 07:43 PM.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    This might not be a well-thought suggestions, but the idea came to my mind during shower and I'm in a hurry to get to work:

Wouldn't a flat rate of 12 points on defense loss solve this whole thing?

PoV of low rank players: they lose 12 points anyway from people 300+ VP over them
    PoV of high rank players: instead of going backwards with 70% of their attacks, they just don't advance in case of a loss, which can still be countered with participation.

Yes, this would open up again that more attacks grant you higher rank, but not to the extremes we witnessed in the first three months
    Ha, I gave this as an example to Caretaker in one of my posts from 04/11/2017 update (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...8002#post38002) only to say that the top 25 names are still gonna be the same if we get that point system because we PLAY the game and don't spend time crying in the forums.
    Last edited by Bradata; 04-27-2017 at 07:22 PM.
    No we're not in paradise
    This is who we are
    This is what we've got
    No, it's not our paradise
    But it's all we want
    And it's all that we're fighting for
    But it's not paradise

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post

I think it's important to keep in mind that the theoretical of 12 points for wins is not completely accurate unless he's so far above everyone else in rank that he never sees anyone within 480 points of him (in which case... if no one is ever within 500 points of him, that means he has 1st place in the bag, and all the theoreticals are moot).

I'll still agree that what we have now is making climbing... weird right now, at least for people jockeying for the top divisions. Curiously, most people competing in the middle have reported it much more sensible for them, so while changes need to happen, I hope we can maintain some semblance of what we have for mid- and lower-ranked players.

If that's the intention then execution is a problem. In Shaolin's position, every attack gives 12 points - no matter how close they are to you. I just had him validate it.

At this point the math seems sound
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post

I guess that's it, I'ts been a busy week at work, not much time left for forum unfortunately:/
    The sacrificial soul event ends April 29th at 5pm PST, according to this post by Sparton: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...l-Event-on-now!

I hope you get more free time in the future, man. Your input on the forums is always great!
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

What really concerns me are different loading times and speed differences within the game. Like matchmaking, should be the same for everybody. (hope it's possible!)
    While we do have people who work on optimizations from time to time, a huge portion of loading differences will come down to device capabilities (out of our control), and response times from the server (largely out of our control).

Speed differences in game is something we'll have improvements for in an subsequent update. It should better stabilize the speed people see (outside of framerate hitches, which again are more device-specific), and widen the speed options players have.

When can we expect the following:
    1 - BNW?
    2 - A new Sparton 300 like event?
    3 - Update for major bug fixes
    1 - We don't have a timeline to announce for that yet.
    2 - Our next event probably won't be that, but will center around one of our upcoming features.
    3 - Contrary to what I just mentioned in the update discussion thread, we maaaay have a hotfix update come out sooner, but it won't include fixes to all of the critical issues that have recently cropped up. We don't have a timeline for a major update with the bulk of the fixes.

Tritium beat me to it, but Sacrifice Soul availability (from both the store and as Sacrifice rewards) ends April 29th at 5pm PST (ie at PVP reset time).

Don't forget you can check out details on that event and more with the News button. We just popped in a banner announcing an All Dungeons Weekend this weekend to help farm for more souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    If that's the intention then execution is a problem. In Shaolin's position, every attack gives 12 points - no matter how close they are to you. I just had him validate it.

At this point the math seems sound
    That's true as long as no one he fights is within 480 points of him; as of this writing, ranks 2-18 are, so some of those will yield 13 or 14 points.

That's still only a subset of the possible people he could matchmake against/will matchmake against him so he can revenge them, but unless he's specifically avoiding clearing lists or is actively trying to fight players with the lowest points in his lists (attack and revenge), he will occasionally get more than 12 points from a battle... unless it just so happens that he never matchmakes/revenges against those top 20 or so other players (which is a possibility, but shouldn't occur consistently throughout the week). I would expect that most of his battles would be 12 point battles though, so perhaps the average would at best be something like 12.2 or something.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    We just popped in a banner announcing an All Dungeons Weekend this weekend to help farm for more souls.
    A super cool move, Sparton. Kudos to you and the rest of the team on this one!
    BillLion2-6838
    Member of the Mofo Cult Clan

OS
    Android
    Thanks Sparton and Tritium for the answers.

Sparton,
    Why has BNW been delayed? It was suppose to go live 2 weeks after sacrifice, correct? To me fixing bugs is top priority, but new content is a close second! So, if you could give us more info on new content release, we'd all appreciate.

And loading times, no matter what phone, tablet, emulator or internet speed I try it never gets close to some other forum member. I'm thinking location might be an issue :/
    If it takes me more than double time to load battles etc, no way I can compete in the same level, although it's challenging to try.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I’m sure Jofer is happier than ever he’s kicking back this week
    Yeah buts it's bittersweet. On one hand I'm happy I'm not trying to maintain a top rank and saving tons of ironite, but on the other I'm suffering withdrawals haha. Last night i kept grabbing my tablet/phone like "Yes! Let's play some arena!", but then remembered the whole game is built around efficiency and NOT playing, ugh. Everytime I listen to one of my arena wrecking ball songs now I just get sad . The beast is writhing in its cage and wants to be unchained!

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG-9641 View Post
    Nicko, much respect. Following your posts since PvP Beta, gained lots of insight from you. All this back and forth between you and Sparton, you seriously seem to have better grasp on real world game play than the developers. I've learned a lot from your posts. You are accurate in your observations! Appreciate Sparton being hands on, but you sir, are truly a PvP master!
    Thanks for the shoutout, it's nice to know we (lots of others in addition to Nicko and myself) inspire others.

Edit: oops I meant to quote the following post but you're cool too RobG haha, doing too many things at once

Quote Originally Posted by Strigoi-8297 View Post
    As a new member here in this forum, i decided to read this relevant post, and it's great to see that there are very good suggestions and analysis of the gameplay which have made my words specially from threads of nicko and jofer16. Now i see that sparton is probably from the development team, and it's good to see the team working and involved into the game as the other players suggestions.
    Last edited by Jofer16; 04-27-2017 at 09:03 PM.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    I'm now worried about my defense, for some time now I have absolutely neglected it, just saw what was working against me and put something in there and hope it was good for some holds. I'm now eager to actually do some testing with different toons and talismans combinations. (could use removable skill shards here Sparton!)
    This is one of my biggest qualms with the new system, you can't play, test and have fun since it's built off efficiency. I don't really give a shit about my %s and sometimes like to experiment knowing i can make the ground up later if i bash my head against the wall with new setups losing over and over tweaking. I can't do that now. All work and no play makes Jofer a dull boy (my Stephen King reference )