Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    While we do have people who work on optimizations from time to time, a huge portion of loading differences will come down to device capabilities (out of our control), and response times from the server (largely out of our control).
    Gmac and I had a lengthy PM discussion on this and basically what I told him too regarding the former. Just by nature a beefier device will allow for smoother/faster gameplay.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by R1ck View Post
    Mmm considering flat system, if you tell me who you prefer to attack, a low rank or a high rank and both may give me 12 points, who do you think will be more affected.
    since we are talking about flat attack losses and flat defense losses that wouldn't affect the attacking structure at all. i set 12 points on avarage that means that highranks can give give you 20 points and lowranks only 10. If we assume you will only be able to attacks higher opponents 20% of the time and lower 80% it's still 12 on avarage (just an example).

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    Why has BNW been delayed? It was suppose to go live 2 weeks after sacrifice, correct? To me fixing bugs is top priority, but new content is a close second! So, if you could give us more info on new content release, we'd all appreciate.
    I don't think we have an official answer for that, sadly. It's largely boiled down to having a plan, then that plan changing as we release updates and the game evolves (in some ways as we expected it would, and in other ways not quite how we expected).

Quote Originally Posted by Gmac View Post
    And loading times, no matter what phone, tablet, emulator or internet speed I try it never gets close to some other forum member. I'm thinking location might be an issue :/
    If it takes me more than double time to load battles etc, no way I can compete in the same level, although it's challenging to try.
    Yeah, I just don't know enough about the subject to advise more than I have to you in other channels. Internet connection stuff can be a surprisingly thing to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    since we are talking about flat attack losses and flat defense losses that wouldn't affect the attacking structure at all. i set 12 points on avarage that means that highranks can give give you 20 points and lowranks only 10. If we assume you will only be able to attacks higher opponents 20% of the time and lower 80% it's still 12 on avarage (just an example).
    In that case, people at the top predominantly would get 10 points for wins, not 20 or 12 (since by the nature of being the top and the top being spread out as it normally is, they're almost always hitting people with much lower VP than them, and it's just a matter of how much lower those people are).

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Finally! Been playing the turtle game all night trying to get Enti, Nicko and myself in a row so I could switch my champ to Samurai and create a trio lol. That's been my dude since day 1, nice to get some more representing

Edit: Sky trying to mess with my plan and attacks me, oops, another hold. Man I must have took 100+ from that dude today, fix your strategy it's broke.
    Last edited by Jofer16; 04-28-2017 at 03:18 AM.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    With the close standings these last 3 days are gonna be fun, gonna be a mad dash to the end

OS
    Android
    okay, i tried a little harder this morning and this are my results so far:

Name:  2017-04-28 14_32_10-PVP Point System - Excel.png
Views: 158
Size:  18.6 KB

Explanation:

My main goal was that in the end of the week every archetyp has a positive result just by participating. So everyone would have more fun since he gaines at least something. This is hard to do with standard amount for every player.

So i manipulated the defense losses and the attacklosses in a way, that makes sense i belive.

If we have a crappy defense because we are new to the game or bad RNG this is not our fault. So we are not able to "build better defenses", because we don't have to tools. That's why we need some protection there. Once our defense reaches <10% holdrate i would suggest to cut the defense losses from -12 to -9. This is at least some kind of protection for these guys. If someone intentianally put in a bad defense to profit from it this won't work out for him, because the points won from holds are very sweet, he won't be able to compare with the bigguns.

Same could apply to attacks. If our attack ratio reaches <80% i would eliminate attack losses so that the guys are not punished just by trying.

The hardest part was to balance hyper good-o, the good and the lazy great.
    i thought that all of them should be in a close range. In this particular example you see that thy hyper good-o has a tiny edge over the good and a slight edge against the great but lazy player. I fell this is okay since we compare 1000 vs 500 vs 250 attacks. So i think this is reasonable.

The great player with 500 attacks outmaneuver them all by a large amount. Not sure if his advantage is too big, but OTOH it should be really big when he wins 98% of time in 500 fights and holds 30% in 500 defenses... But we can argue here for sure, about some pros and cons.

I'm pretty happy with this, but well i might have a logical flaw somewhere.

Please be aware, that the attack win is an avarage result. To prevent bumhunting we should give people more points when attacking highranks and less ponits when attacking lowranks, to keep the competition fair for everyone.

This is just one example of a possible way to go, i'm sure this can be done better, but i think it would be a huge progress to what we have now...
    Last edited by slauki; 04-28-2017 at 01:03 PM.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Hi Slauki, appreciate your time and effort to try to make this game better. One thought of mine, how many players really play 1000 flights, I think Gmac and Enti did it to get eternal. How many times play an average player, in my case I play the free SoW, that is around 200 fights and my win rate is 99%. Also now days average hold rate is 20%. Usually I am in top 50 so I think a maximum of 50 players play more than 250 fights. What to implement for the masses and encourage them to play, that is a real challenge, but the game itself is not helping with so many bugs.

OS
    Android
    Hi Slauki, appreciate your time and effort to try to make this game better. One thought of mine, how many players really play 1000 flights, I think Gmac and Enti did it to get eternal. How many times play an average player, in my case I play the free SoW, that is around 200 fights and my win rate is 99%. Also now days average hold rate is 20%. Usually I am in top 50 so I think a maximum of 50 players play more than 250 fights. What to implement for the masses and encourage them to play, that is a real challenge, but the game itself is not helping with so many bugs.
    +1 mate, this crossed my mind too. I didn't have full 500 battles when I was running for #5.

OS
    iOS
    In discussing this with Slauki, one of the keys here is emphasizing defense. There is still a ding for having yours broken - but Holds are highly rewarded - which can balance it out.

Still depends largely on fair matchmaking - however that is defined - and if Hold rates fall with the new Talismans - because defenses AND offenses will have the same weapons - human against AI - we may be in the same boat we are now.

Slauki - could you run these with less attacks? Maybe more similar to the amount of attacks you personally make each week? My impression is it's a spreadsheet...thanks!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringe666-7406 View Post
    +1 mate, this crossed my mind too. I didn't have full 500 battles when I was running for #5.
    yeah you both are totally right, i just used the archetypes created by sparton. the purpose of this is to cover a wide range of players and approaches and to see how they would work out in theory, but yeah i rarely have more than 200 attacks too per week. prolly kinda a lazy good/great guy. the important part is that everyone profits wuth this system to a different degree, and just look at it as first step in the right direction, not a last word

Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    In discussing this with Slauki, one of the keys here is emphasizing defense. There is still a ding for having yours broken - but Holds are highly rewarded - which can balance it out.

Still depends largely on fair matchmaking - however that is defined - and if Hold rates fall with the new Talismans - because defenses AND offenses will have the same weapons - human against AI - we may be in the same boat we are now.

Slauki - could you run these with less attacks? Maybe more similar to the amount of attacks you personally make each week? My impression is it's a spreadsheet...thanks!
    edit: yeah was my idea too, will add additional guy later