Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    In discussing this with Slauki, one of the keys here is emphasizing defense. There is still a ding for having yours broken - but Holds are highly rewarded - which can balance it out.

Still depends largely on fair matchmaking - however that is defined - and if Hold rates fall with the new Talismans - because defenses AND offenses will have the same weapons - human against AI - we may be in the same boat we are now.

Slauki - could you run these with less attacks? Maybe more similar to the amount of attacks you personally make each week? My impression is it's a spreadsheet...thanks!
    Talking about holds, I would like to know how is the average for VE teams, pretty sure the minimum is 30% don't want to create any discussion here about this, haha. Enjoy it

Banned
    I think that there is still some protection.

Started that week with about 1500 points and my attack/defence ratio was really 1:1.

Over 2k points the ratio changed, less defence attacks.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Finally! Been playing the turtle game all night trying to get Enti, Nicko and myself in a row so I could switch my champ to Samurai and create a trio lol. That's been my dude since day 1, nice to get some more representing

Edit: Sky trying to mess with my plan and attacks me, oops, another hold. Man I must have took 100+ from that dude today, fix your strategy it's broke.
    Ahaha do you have a screenshot? I was still sleeping when you posted this
    Enti-2694

OS
    iOS
    Name:  IMG_7887.JPG
Views: 248
Size:  50.2 KB

An update to the original topic. As it stands, I am number 3 with under 100 attacks made and i'm within 80 points of ShaolinLondo - who as of yesterday had made over 600 attacks - possibly over 700 by now.

This is a point in time, and we're all so close rank can change with one win or loss. I woke up number 5 and jumped to number 3 with one attack. But i've been top 10 all week.

Everything will change tomorrow. I have a little time to play, but as I have an event during the final hours I'm not counting on maintaining position. Smart players will turn on the heat in the final hours, making attacks before the system launches a wave of attacks on them. Tomorrow will be a game of speed as much as strategy.

I hope this experiment instills a sense of urgency for the developers - and would like to thank Sparton in particular for interacting with us.

One final thought as I type this - is there anyway to avoid a system where Saturday is the only day that matters? When real life kicks in - like this week for me - there is no incentive to play if I know I can't spend my Saturday competing. And the weather is getting nicer. It will ALWAYS matter to some degree - but now it's silly to work to the top early because the point system penalizes you so much. So yet again - another incentive NOT to play.
    Last edited by Nicko; 04-28-2017 at 02:36 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    added the archetypes free sow player great/good/mediocre

Name:  2017-04-28 15_50_57-PVP Point System - Excel.png
Views: 196
Size:  31.5 KB

they won't gain that much once defense is below 20%. so maybe it would be better to lower the pointlosses to -9 for those who have a defense below 15%, then things could be in order.
    Defense is a huge factor here, maybe a too big factor regarding, that defenses might fall very deep again...

edit:
    without changes/protection things would be too discouraging for the avarage joe:

Name:  2017-04-28 15_54_50-PVP Point System - Excel.png
Views: 227
Size:  7.3 KB
    Last edited by slauki; 04-28-2017 at 01:56 PM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Looks like Skynyrdoo was trying to make a run . He was up to about 3000 yesterday and Number 1.

Now he's 2332 and number 58.

Sorry folks - you can't beat the math. Save your efforts for tomorrow.

Ryan has fared a little better. And that makes sense. I held Skynyrdoo twice and Jofer mentioned holding him several times so point being - strategy DOES matter.
    Last edited by Nicko; 04-28-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    Looks like Skynyrdoo was trying to make a run . He was up to about 3000 yesterday and Number 1.

Now he's 2332 and number 58.

Sorry folks - you can't beat the math.
    Pfffft that's a huge drop. Crazy. Another proof for discouraged participation
    Enti-2694

OS
    iOS
    Someone messaged me and said Fallen Angel has been using my strategy and I see he's slowly rising. I've been watching GMAC and Jofer too.

That's smart - because my friends are saying their ratios have stalled - possibly because overall arena activity is down from the point system being exposed (this is all conjecture).

However - when activity picks up tomorrow - those ratios will start to equalize again. And attacks will rain on players like a monsoon if they have made a lot more attacks than they've received. So anyone who doesn't have a discrepancy where attacks made are much higher than attacks against them (in absolute numbers) will have a huge advantage.
    Last edited by Nicko; 04-28-2017 at 02:59 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    Pfffft that's a huge drop. Crazy. Another proof for discouraged participation
    Skynyrdoo is no longer even in the Top 100 - so we don't know how low he'll fall because the list caps at 100 - but he's below 2189 (#100).

From #1 and over 3000 points.

In less than 12 hours...

While I am now less than 50 points away from #1 - while making one attack all morning:

Name:  IMG_7890.JPG
Views: 211
Size:  52.3 KB
    Last edited by Nicko; 04-28-2017 at 04:30 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    But that Go80sMetal guy.... up the irons!