Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

PvP Week 12 - Statistics and Discussion

Well this was a weird one

While Strike Talismans started appearing and introduced some new benefits - and challenges - the point system (for me) was the big focus.

Realizing you're penalized to play if you exceed a 1:1 attack/defense ratio if you're near the top in the current environment, I kept attacks down all week and steadily rose - while others rapidly climbed and then fell hundreds (one player close to a thousand) of points just as quickly.

In the end - seeing an opportunity and grabbing a bull (beast?) by the horns - Jofer saw an opportunity (as others including myself twiddled their thumbs waiting for the right time to make a move) and went for it in the quiet arena - once again claiming Eternal. Congrats!

I would have easily met my goal of Top 25 in under 100 attacks (likely Top 10) - but rearranging some things - made a last hour run and claimed third. Ryan - a new name in the top three - captured second. Congrats to him as well! It's very cool he's bucked the Visions Eddie trend and has a (deadly) Samurai in his defense.

As far numbers, mine were as follows:

# of attacks made: 156

# of attacks against me: 128

Finished: #3

To contrast, it's not uncommon for me to have well over 500 attacks. I put my rank because I think it would be interesting to see how people fared relative to their effort, of course realizing one's Win and Hold % also have an influence.

This system needs an overhaul. Fortunately the developers are listening.

And BECAUSE they listen - please look at Don Slauki's thread that he just posted. Don's a smart guy and more importantly - wants things as fair as they can be (I'm glad he doesn't wield the nerf axe ). Comments and suggestions on his ideas would be great as this situation needs to get sorted as soon as possible. Incentives NOT to play help no one.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Nicko; 04-30-2017 at 03:15 PM.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Like other earlier top rank I supposed to be flooded away due the new point system 1:1 didn't respect. However thanks to my defense and a good amount of luck I managed to finish within 10 rank.

This week I also discovered the power of ve and I d like to thank Nicko and fallen Angel for their help and support, and the reconfirmed arena sovereign, Jofer congrats bud!

Here's my stats for the week:

Attack 755
    Defense 649

Rank 8

OS
    Android
    Attack-319
    Defense-265
    Rank-10
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    Attack - 284/343
    Defense- 65/292
    Rank - #50

I thought about taking the time to make a move up a bit. Well, when your lady wants to go find table decorations for your wedding in 3 weeks, you get a lot of funny looks when you are on your mobile in Hobby Lobby.

OS
    iOS
    Definitely a strange week, thanks Nicko for the great phrasing there. Grats Jofer for #1 once again. Well played.

Attacks - 230
    Defs - 200
    Place - 15

These were only from recharged / sacrifice award SoW which I burnt cause I like arena.
    People are definitely quick to adapt, I had one day with only lost defenses.

Too bad I couldn't make the Saturday rush - Friday was party hard day, drank a lot, slept 3 hours then had to drive back and forth in the city because of errands. I think I did my last 10 arena battles in close to 50 minutes because I constantly fell asleep in the bean bag I was sitting

Still top 25, ironites burnt, focus taken from arena and put to farming runes and evo shards for the greater good.

This week will be even more insteresting with the second set of Strike Talismans. Curious.
    Enti-2694

OS
    Android
    Name:  week12.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  20.5 KB

My goal was to be between 25-50, unfortunately I finished at 11 and got just 1 crap soul (*** blue soldier) instead of 5 souls (possibly 5 x *** soldier).
    As always didn't spend any ironite for SoW.
    4 battle lost against VE team at the beggining of the week got me to think of not fighting with VE's at all.
    Daily player ...

Current champion - Iron Maiden Eddie

OS
    Android
    actually the ratio is much better than 1:1

rank 7
    attacks: 257
    defense 211
    ratio 82%

if they tune the point system and the rewards for playing things could be in order.
    at least matchmaking seems to work like a chrme now. this is a huge improvement, to the 400+ defenses for some of us while other were only getting 70. for me this is clearly going in the right direction and i expect changes very soon.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

Banned
    attacks: 254
    defense: 219

OS
    iOS
    Eskiggalu... really wish I'd signed up with the right username. Maybe I'll make a new account.

Anyway, I sucked this week.

I attacked: 156
    Was attacked: 128
    82%

Congrats Jofer.

OS
    iOS
    Atk - 122/138
    Def - 3/12
    Finished 24th

These stats are probably pretty skewed because of inactivity. I started Thursday afternoon unranked. No one from those lower ranks revenged me. I think I spent on 4 refills yesterday to see if I could get top 25. I guess I got lucky with a quite week or I probably wouldn't have made it.

Congrats to the winners!
    MrFreeze-6530