Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

PvP Week 13 - Statistics and Discussion

Big props to HomemLivre who led his Visions Eddie and team to the top! Led the pack all week and no one ever caught up. Well done!

Another wacky week - both on the forum and in the arena

1) An easy-as-pie crack in the system that Slauki exposed months ago in beta was actually executed in the arena and got everyone's attention - including the developers. A "spirited debate" ensued that I wasn't going to touch with a ten foot pole But just as the developers are revising the point system after the incentive not to play was exposed last week, they can no longer ignore this potential cheat. Attack limits - or some other means of preventing it from happening - have to be implemented. A player named Steve was propelled up right after reset - likely in the same fashion as the event last week.

2) With the awesome weekend we had here in Chicago I simply refreshed every half hour and manually about 20 times on Saturday (200 Ironite or $6.00) to attack top players (sorry guys - you know who you are) . Couldn't play last three hours before reset. Still was top 25 but fell 9 places in the last three hours of course. While the Saturday rush is exciting, here in the States I see life getting in the way of PvP achievements with the longer days and nicer weather. It will be interesting to see if the point system the developers come up with affect that because sun-beer-fresh air before Eddie (sorry Eddie).

Numbers this week:

Number of Attacks made: 144

Attacks against: 131

It looks like the matchmaking has been working really well. With a point system overhaul this could be a really solid experience.

Thanks for posting and good luck in the arena!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Attacks 234
    Defenses 192

Arena was definitely more fun this week with more variety of teams but now I am having trouble finding time to play as much. I am not a fan of all the negativity, misunderstanding, trolling, jealousy, etc. so I don't know how much time I am going to be spending in these forums going forward
    Chaosego888-9998

OS
    Android
    Attack 175
    Defense 156

Final rank #29

OS
    iOS
    301/248

Congratulations Homemlivre. I'm glad you didn't get beat by that crap. I'm amazed it's still even possible. I thought in the 3 months I was gone they'd have plugged that hole already.

I must have been invisible to the matchmaking system last week. It was much tougher this week. I was getting hit constantly the last couple hours as I tried to climb. My defense only works if I get lucky so I barely held on to 50 by the end. Was shooting for top 25, but it just wasn't happening.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    My numbers are pretty much same as the last week, 2572 pts (2584 last week), rank 38 (32), attacks 239/242 (244/252) and def 30/211 (30/217). Funny how this week I pulled up 14 holds on Sunday and Monday only, and the rest 16 I got from then until reset. Seems like my def won't see any better days soon.

OS
    iOS
    Attacks: 42
    Defence: 39

Work and life were way way more important than a game this last week for me
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    iOS
    Congrats to homemlivre who was the leader during all the week, and to Gmac who did an awesome rush saturday!
    I very enjoyed the arena this week, and saw how the battle can be furious to hold a top 5 or a top 10 rank!

I was attaqued so hard the last 3 hours, but i tried to keep my tier ranking without revenge my troopers and those just behind me who battled for the rank #10.
    Well done to all!

The competition is more fair for everyone now with the 1:1 ratio system, nice that the game go in the right way with a future improvement for the point system and better rewards!

This week :
    Rank #8,
    atk/def: 279/243
    Last edited by surfingwithdje; 05-07-2017 at 05:06 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by surfingwithdje View Post

The competition is more fair for everyone now
    The competitions would be fairer if everyone will have acces to all characters. Without having Nomad, Pharaoh, Visions Eddie or yellow rescuer there is not even close to call it fair competition. And this new striking talizmans, fail of design imho.
    \m/

OS
    Android
    This week was a busy one for me. Wasn't able to play for nearly all of Saturday until two-ish hours after the reset due to uni graduation. As such, I had to rely on what momentum I could build up beforehand. I finished with:

Attacks: 164
    Defends: 143

I'm still having trouble building a good defense. It seems like the recent updates have made it easier on offense for everyone now, and that VE is king for defense. I'd be curious to know if anyone has actually experienced an increase in their hold percentage after the update without having a VE. Will have to tinker around some more, but for now, I need a truck load of skill shards (also hoping the next update doesn't ruin what I'm currently building!).
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    Android
    attacks 200
    defenses 174

matchmaking works very good, i like that a lot. as nicko stated when the new pointsystem comes along (and soulshards hopefully) pvp will be a nice
    experience. defenses will have a hard time i feel, despite VE and some premium chars i couldn't reach 20%. maybe i do something wrong but i feel
    it will get even worse next week for most of us.

anyway what i really enjoy is the new variation we see in PVP nowadays. it's fun to play different teams and not only the mummy/ssd, prisoner or aop combos.
    many creative compositions out there, so this feature is going in the right direction. as long as it doesn't stop it will be fine soon.

despite this all, we need more content...it's been a way too long time without something new in the game aside from talismans...

and please give us the possibillity to get shell and immunity talismans again befpre BNW comes out :-)

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.