Page 43 of 55 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Hm... "underwhelming"...
    Haha, somehow I knew you were going to quote that post. I got incredibly lucky. That doesn't change the fact that the G/A rewards for sacrifice are underwhelming. We don't even end up getting 1/3 of the souls that you'd get with a rare soul reward. 4 G/A rare souls vs. 50 rare souls. I'd choose the 50 rare souls any day over 4 G/A rare souls. The odds of getting lucky greatly increase the more souls you have.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
    Haha, somehow I knew you were going to quote that post. I got incredibly lucky. That doesn't change the fact that the G/A rewards for sacrifice are underwhelming. We don't even end up getting 1/3 of the souls that you'd get with a rare soul reward. 4 G/A rare souls vs. 50 rare souls. I'd choose the 50 rare souls any day over 4 G/A rare souls. The odds of getting lucky greatly increase the more souls you have.
    Still, you would be missing out on the prisoner, cyborg, rainmaker and aces high that were put in those 4 specific GA souls specifically for u... well too bad!
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    Btw Sparton, please don't ever take my criticisms or suggestions to mean that I don't love this game or appreciate your efforts and the team's efforts. You guys work hard and do your best to please the player base, and I admire that. This most recent event has been an incredibly fun and well-thought out experience! Please let whoever came up with the idea know that we've all appreciated his/her creativity here, and the team's efforts to make that idea become a reality! Keep up the awesome work! The game continues to head in the right direction.
    Tritium-3455

Quote Originally Posted by Nine View Post
    Sparton, can you confirm that the hotfix messed up immunity completely in regards to the Prisoner? Please have a look at my post #341. I really hope this ability gets finally fixed
    I can neither confirm nor deny while I'm at home (holiday today where we're at) and don't have access to my work bug tracking system :P

Some of the things sound like stuff that may or may not be already known, but I'll follow up with our QA after the next hotfix update is released. Sadly, we're already taking longer than we'd like, so we'll not be able to add fixes to it that we haven't already prioritized for it.

Also, is the timer for the red talisman power up pack that says it expires in 6h intended?
    Proooooobably not, I'll pass that along.

Just had case that NoL in LoL X killed its allie when he revenged on my void shields, my controls disappeared and could do nothing but stand there. Since the killed allied was also a NoL I suspect it was to counter attack next and since it couldn't do that the game broke. (Sorry, Kardas)
    I'll pass this along as well.

In regards to g/a souls from sacrifice rewards: I too find them very underwhelming. Just because of a single instance of luck it doesn't disproves that the expected reward from them it is suprisingly low considering the tier of the sacrifice. If we are going by annecdotal evidence: I got 4 g/a souls from a vortex yesterday, all 3* dupes fodder - then again the legendary soul from it was the third to give me Magus golden Son, but that at least gives more essence to to spin the wheel again.
    A single instance of any summon session can be better or worse than average, but I'm sure if you look at your collection of characters now, you'll probably find that there's going to be more high-rarity Gunners and Assassins that you're missing compared to Warriors, Magus', or Sentinels. For newer players, any soul that can give higher rarities is great, but especially with sacrifice allowing you to "trade up" bulk amounts of 1 star and 2 star characters into Rare Souls, the rarer Gunners and Assassins are more often what people will be searching for as their collections are more and more complete.

Hell, even during this event, anyone farming for Immortal Soul Fragments has probably walked away with a ton of common Souls... which when used in bulk and the fodder sacrificed will turn into many Rare Souls. As such, it's easy to see why players of all levels are going to fill our the Warrior/Magus/Sentinel parts of their collection much quicker than Gunner/Assassin parts.

Even if you don't value Gunner/Assassin souls as much right now, at some point you'll probably find that there's far more from them that you want than from the regular souls, so we expect that yes, even one Rare Gun/Assassin Soul will mean far more than 10 Rare Souls (assuming you're trying to complete your collection of characters). No amount of Rare Souls will help you get something like a Gunner Corrupt Rescuer, or a Prisoner, or an Aces High Eddie... unless the fodder from those lets you get Rare Gun/Assassin Souls from sacrifice. The the only exceptions are event souls (which obviously are not always around) and Legendary Souls, which still are very likely to give you non-Gunner, non-Assassin characters.

tl;dr Rare Souls have a 0% chance of directly giving you a Gunner or Assassin, and as a collection of characters approaches completion, those are almost certainly most or all of what's left to find, and thus the value proposition changes over time.

Edit: Almost forgot - the bug where it selects the wrong stack of Souls in the book of Souls is still there. Just accidentally opened 99 instead of 2. (One 3* in a 99 stack has to be a record by the way)
    Yeah, that is known; use all will try to pull equal to the max of a stack size or all that you have, whichever is lower.

Btw Sparton, please don't ever take my criticisms or suggestions to mean that I don't love this game or appreciate your efforts and the team's efforts. You guys work hard and do your best to please the player base, and I admire that. This most recent event has been an incredibly fun and well-thought out experience! Please let whoever came up with the idea know that we've all appreciated his/her creativity here, and the team's efforts to make that idea become a reality! Keep up the awesome work! The game continues to head in the right direction.
    No worries! Even if I won't always agree, I still welcome (constructive) criticism and suggestions, as does the team. That goes to for all of the comments from everyone else, too, here and elsewhere on the forums, social media, etc.

And I'm definitely taking notes and passing along sentiments and suggestions from the players to the team; the event itself is a team effort in many ways, so we're happy so many people have enjoyed it.

OS
    Android
    Hey Sparton! I know u said this won't be ez to accomplish but we really need some more character slots. Especially with all these new toons. I mean hell, I'm even saving the sacrificial hearts & gold idols. In case u don't read my other post, thx to all u guys/girls at Nodding Frog for this incredible & unexpected event!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    Android
    tl;dr Rare Souls have a 0% chance of directly giving you a Gunner or Assassin, and as a collection of characters approaches completion, those are almost certainly most or all of what's left to find, and thus the value proposition changes over time.
    I understand your reasoning behind it now. I guess the reason why most of us prefer the horde of rare souls is due to the essence value that 50 3*+ toons provide, which leads to more skill shards.

Also, still experiencing the 3-tap bug lol. At this point, I'm hoping I can't be the only one who has it happen. Had it happen in my last two battles against Kris: the first time, my GCR froze the game when casting her 3-tap power move; the second time, Kris' Viking froze the game when casting that MR up 3-tap move of his.

This bug hates me.

Note to anyone: If you want easy points from me, just put as many toons who use 3-tap basic attacks or power skills in your team as possible.
    Last edited by Tritium; 05-22-2017 at 11:13 PM.
    Tritium-3455

A server push just went out. Nothing major here; it's primarily there to support the hot fix app store update which is coming.

One thing that is fixed in the Resistance/Resilience talisman set effect descriptions: these now correctly describe the set effect they provide instead of being swapped for each other.

OS
    Android
    A server push just went out. Nothing major here; it's primarily there to support the hot fix app store update which is coming.

One thing that is fixed in the Resistance/Resilience talisman set effect descriptions: these now correctly describe the set effect they provide instead of being swapped for each other.
    The Resistence Set still not displaying the correct amount of defense. Just Like Iron and Stone Sets.

OS
    Android

A single instance of any summon session can be better or worse than average, but I'm sure if you look at your collection of characters now, you'll probably find that there's going to be more high-rarity Gunners and Assassins that you're missing compared to Warriors, Magus', or Sentinels. For newer players, any soul that can give higher rarities is great, but especially with sacrifice allowing you to "trade up" bulk amounts of 1 star and 2 star characters into Rare Souls, the rarer Gunners and Assassins are more often what people will be searching for as their collections are more and more complete.

Hell, even during this event, anyone farming for Immortal Soul Fragments has probably walked away with a ton of common Souls... which when used in bulk and the fodder sacrificed will turn into many Rare Souls. As such, it's easy to see why players of all levels are going to fill our the Warrior/Magus/Sentinel parts of their collection much quicker than Gunner/Assassin parts.

Even if you don't value Gunner/Assassin souls as much right now, at some point you'll probably find that there's far more from them that you want than from the regular souls, so we expect that yes, even one Rare Gun/Assassin Soul will mean far more than 10 Rare Souls (assuming you're trying to complete your collection of characters). No amount of Rare Souls will help you get something like a Gunner Corrupt Rescuer, or a Prisoner, or an Aces High Eddie... unless the fodder from those lets you get Rare Gun/Assassin Souls from sacrifice. The the only exceptions are event souls (which obviously are not always around) and Legendary Souls, which still are very likely to give you non-Gunner, non-Assassin characters.

okay makes sense, but according to your own prices you value g/a souls as three times more than single class souls (trooper store). but when we compare the droprates from sacrifice VI (2-4 g/a souls vs 50 rare souls) that means that you think that g/a souls are 12,5-25 times more valuable than normal rare souls. That's way too overpriced espacially if we take RNG into account. While i can understand, that you want to keep the players chasing some characters, getting 2 g/a souls from a very rare level 6 sacrifice is basicly a slap in the face. Approx. 10 g/a souls seem more reasonable because then they are five times more valuable then normal ones, seems more fair to me.

and btw: great event, were the best LOTB days i ever had, and the fragments are awesome too as permanent feature. Hope the "get your desired character" fragment will come too Finally we have some movement in this game, great work on this ones !!! Hope the next event will come soon and bring us some skillshards for the eddies.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by slauki View Post
    okay makes sense, but according to your own prices you value g/a souls as three times more than single class souls (trooper store). but when we compare the droprates from sacrifice VI (2-4 g/a souls vs 50 rare souls) that means that you think that g/a souls are 12,5-25 times more valuable than normal rare souls. That's way too overpriced espacially if we take RNG into account. While i can understand, that you want to keep the players chasing some characters, getting 2 g/a souls from a very rare level 6 sacrifice is basicly a slap in the face. Approx. 10 g/a souls seem more reasonable because then they are five times more valuable then normal ones, seems more fair to me.

and btw: great event, were the best LOTB days i ever had, and the fragments are awesome too as permanent feature. Hope the "get your desired character" fragment will come too Finally we have some movement in this game, great work on this ones !!! Hope the next event will come soon and bring us some skillshards for the eddies.
    I dunno man, anybody get the feeling this shit's predetermined??? I mean I was blown away to get those 50 souls but kinda figured I'd get garbage & I did (aside from the 9000 essence), two 4☆s. Not even sure they were from the 50 as I had 3 others. Yet look at what Trit got for 2 rare g/a's??? Almost like u get what u pay 4! Again..RNG my ass, or it's RNG & something else!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers