Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien: Covenant

OS
    Android

Alien: Covenant

Saw this flick today, pretty cool. Right up there with the first two. Better than Prometheus and shows the origin of the Xenomorph. Must see for any sci-fi horror fans out there!

Edit: MAJOR FUCKING SPOILERS BELOW!! WATCH THAT SHIT FIRST!!
    Last edited by mjmxiii; 05-20-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619

Good to hear, trailers look great, was thinking about seeing it.

OS
    iOS
    Ho ho! It sure does look great! But im too much of a wimp to watch it! Will prob need a couple of months to watch it! Same shit happened with the original alien, and some horror games that arent that scary (im looking at u res evil 4)
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    Good to know! For some reason, I've never watched the Alien movies. I have no good reason for it. Based on everything else I've seen and liked, they are a no-brainer. But I've never done it.

I've been thinking recently about watching them all. I was inspired by this post by Gordon White to watch Prometheus a few months ago, and I really liked it. Am I the only living person to have seen Prometheus but not any others in the series?

druid138-6195

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Good to know! I have no good reason for it. Based on everything else I've seen and liked, they are a no-brainer.5
    Well, you have the unique opportunity to see all the story in cronological order without knowing what comes next and, man, what comes next is amazing. The first two of the original trilogy are really good, and a classic cult in sci-fi, it's even possible that you used some Alien quote without knowing. There is an atmosphere, a feeling that is almost lost in modern fancy sci-fi movies, give them an opportunity, you'll not be disappointed!

"You just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Blackbolt-3189

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    Ho ho! It sure does look great! But im too much of a wimp to watch it! Will prob need a couple of months to watch it! Same shit happened with the original alien, and some horror games that arent that scary (im looking at u res evil 4)
    It's has some pretty gruesome shit going on for sure but man I was exposed to horror flicks at a very young age. Saw the original a few years after it came out... was 5 lol. Suspension of disbelief can be overwhelming sometimes. Freddy Kreuger fucked me up as a kid so not judging you bruh!

Quote Originally Posted by druid138 View Post
    Good to know! For some reason, I've never watched the Alien movies. I have no good reason for it. Based on everything else I've seen and liked, they are a no-brainer. But I've never done it.

I've been thinking recently about watching them all. I was inspired by this post by Gordon White to watch Prometheus a few months ago, and I really liked it. Am I the only living person to have seen Prometheus but not any others in the series?

druid138-6195
    Cool article dude, Prometheus really is a great flick. Very different from the rest of the series. But I really enjoy that type of stuff that makes you think about creation... very interesting. The new one picks up where Prometheus left off.... But if you do take the plunge, be aware that after Aliens, the series loses steam. Still, 4 excellent movies in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt View Post
    Well, you have the unique opportunity to see all the story in cronological order without knowing what comes next and, man, what comes next is amazing. The first two of the original trilogy are really good, and a classic cult in sci-fi, it's even possible that you used some Alien quote without knowing. There is an atmosphere, a feeling that is almost lost in modern fancy sci-fi movies, give them an opportunity, you'll not be disappointed!
    Yeah I agree with you blackbolt, first two are two of my all-time fave sci-fi movies. This latest one is by Ridley Scott too, directed Prometheus and the first Alien so it has a very similar vibe and ties both together so well!

Highly recommend it!
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    some horror games that arent that scary (im looking at u res evil 4)
    There is no way you have ever played F.E.A.R. then? I shit my pants quite a few times playing that with headphones on. Not played the sequels though - not because I am scared just not got round to it.

Quite fancy seeing Alien Covenant though
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android
    Went to the "Alien Night" two weeks ago.. an event organized by cinemas here (three film no stop projection-Prometheus-Alien Covenant-ALIEN).. a 6+ hours marathon at the budget-price of the new film only (about 13 euros)

Have to say that in my opinion ALien & Aliens are unequalled (10/10 both)
    Prometheus & the new Alien Covenant at the best can have a 7/10 .. huge plot holes and poor charisma characters although i m a big fan of Fassbender too..
    Ridley Scott already confirmed there will be at least another film of the series.. let s hope for the best
    Last edited by Tridimensionale; 05-20-2017 at 07:53 AM.
    Tridimension-1303

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Tridimensionale View Post
    Have to say that in my opinion ALien & Aliens are unequalled (10/10 both)
    Prometheus & the new Alien Covenant at the best can have a 7/10 .. huge plot holes and poor charisma characters although i m a big fan of Fassbender too..
    Ridley Scott already confirmed there will be at least another film of the series.. let s hope for the best
    Oh no doubt, untouchable classics, the first two. In comparison to the films after Aliens, the last two are 10/10 and a welcome return to the feel of the originals. Not the most amazing cast in the first two either (although the first is just classic). But Newt was a horrible character (or just poorly acted, take your pick - "Ah-firmitive" or "they mostly come at night mostly") along with a few other poorly scripted and casted characters and plot holes are easy enough to find if you want to critique any movie in general.

When comparing to the original two, that is actually quite a high score you've given Prometheus and Covenant. Very respectable if you ask me. Agree like Fassbender as well. The secret to enjoying these films is to understand they can never live up to the expectations set by the originals... kinda like when someone covers an Iron Maiden song, it could be done well, but can never really come close no matter how well it's done.

Have fun!
    mjmxiii-1619

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    The secret to enjoying these films is to understand they can never live up to the expectations set by the originals... kinda like when someone covers an Iron Maiden song, it could be done well, but can never really come close no matter how well it's done.
    Totally agree
    Tridimension-1303