Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alien: Covenant

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthEddie View Post
    There is no way you have ever played F.E.A.R. then? I shit my pants quite a few times playing that with headphones on. Not played the sequels though - not because I am scared just not got round to it.

Quite fancy seeing Alien Covenant though

Well i did play F.E.A.R! Shittiest 5 hours of my life! I actually played alot of classic horros! S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Silent hill 2 resident evil 1, condemned (boi if dis wasnt scawey) and rule of rose (highly recommended for any horror fan btw).

Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    Oh no doubt, untouchable classics, the first two. In comparison to the films after Aliens, the last two are 10/10 and a welcome return to the feel of the originals. Not the most amazing cast in the first two either (although the first is just classic). But Newt was a horrible character (or just poorly acted, take your pick - "Ah-firmitive" or "they mostly come at night mostly") along with a few other poorly scripted and casted characters and plot holes are easy enough to find if you want to critique any movie in general.

When comparing to the original two, that is actually quite a high score you've given Prometheus and Covenant. Very respectable if you ask me. Agree like Fassbender as well. The secret to enjoying these films is to understand they can never live up to the expectations set by the originals... kinda like when someone covers an Iron Maiden song, it could be done well, but can never really come close no matter how well it's done.

Have fun!
    Tbh i find the ending to covenant so bad that i would give the movie 3/10! Its thats shit! David is like the most wtf char ive ever seen! Tbh prometheus was much better than covenant, prometheus while it didnt have alot of alien shit, had a good story and gave us some lore to the engineers and shit like that and lols at why the engineers want to kill humanity (turns out jesus was an engineer sent by them to restore peace to humanity, what did we do? We fucking crucified him)

One thing i didnt understand is how the trilobyte formed, what? Hallowday or whatever hes called has sec with shaw or whatever shes called and now she's impregnated with a trilobyte?

The originals are still the best.

Alien vs predator films are better (atleast imo)

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    Well i did play F.E.A.R! Shittiest 5 hours of my life! I actually played alot of classic horros! S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Silent hill 2 resident evil 1, condemned (boi if dis wasnt scawey) and rule of rose (highly recommended for any horror fan btw).
    I am glad you played F.E.A.R. even though I didn't think you would have. I am also glad you mentioned S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as well - another great scary game. Funny really because if I think about it horror films don't really scare me but there are quite a few games I have played that really have put the shits up me!!!
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthEddie View Post
    I am glad you played F.E.A.R. even though I didn't think you would have. I am also glad you mentioned S.T.A.L.K.E.R. as well - another great scary game. Funny really because if I think about it horror films don't really scare me but there are quite a few games I have played that really have put the shits up me!!!
    I am a wimp, i can barely play any horror or watch any horror and not shit my pants. Evennif its F'n jason X...

Back when i played half life 2 and 1, i was so fucking scared that i installed it but played it after 5 months. 5 MONTHS. Same with doom. Gotta gather my courage...

I only play horrors when my friends come over, or when i come over, i played most of the games i mentioned with one of my friends who is unlike me, faps to horror, he likes it that much. Had a blast! But ofc im not brave enough to play the games again!
    Nekroliun-3119 - Rainmaker Eddie/Nomad, prob both pretty bad

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by mjmxiii View Post
    It's has some pretty gruesome shit going on for sure but man I was exposed to horror flicks at a very young age. Saw the original a few years after it came out... was 5 lol. Suspension of disbelief can be overwhelming sometimes. Freddy Kreuger fucked me up as a kid so not judging you bruh!

Cool article dude, Prometheus really is a great flick. Very different from the rest of the series. But I really enjoy that type of stuff that makes you think about creation... very interesting. The new one picks up where Prometheus left off.... But if you do take the plunge, be aware that after Aliens, the series loses steam. Still, 4 excellent movies in the series.

Yeah I agree with you blackbolt, first two are two of my all-time fave sci-fi movies. This latest one is by Ridley Scott too, directed Prometheus and the first Alien so it has a very similar vibe and ties both together so well!

Highly recommend it!
    Actually heard that Ridley Scott has 13 more of em coming out...13???
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Actually heard that Ridley Scott has 13 more of em coming out...13???

Wow Holy shit

Free your soul and let it fly! Give your life to the lord of light! Keep your secrets and rain on me, all i see are mysteries!

OS
    Android
    Was searching for Covenant last night on Android box. Couldn't find anything but a preview. So I watched Alien vs Predator Requiem,lol!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentknight View Post
    Was searching for Covenant last night on Android box. Couldn't find anything but a preview. So I watched Alien vs Predator Requiem,lol!
    Hey das a good movie! Pure badassness! Wolf has to be my second fav predator! No1 is i guess scar...

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekroliun View Post
    Hey das a good movie! Pure badassness! Wolf has to be my second fav predator! No1 is i guess scar...
    Luv all that sci-fi horror shit! That gorier the better! Kinda surprised Arnie hasn't made a cameo in any of the Predator movies.
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach

OS
    Android
    Speaking of sci-fi, horror games, and scary soundtracks, have you guys heard of the label Cryo Chamber? They put out excellent dark ambient. Atrium Carceri and Sabled Sun are my favorites. Give AC's Metropolis a try, just for five minutes - you might get hooked!

druid138-6195
    Last edited by druid138; 05-20-2017 at 03:13 PM.

OS
    Android
    Yeah I enjoyed the AvP movies, terrible or not lol, that stuff just puts a smile on my face. Would really like to have seen one that actually only had the two species and no human characters.... the humans are always just there to die and are usually horrible actors lol... that first AvP movie should have been the flashback story of the temple! That shit was tight! Then the humans would have made more sense instead of human and Predator teaming up, that shit was whack!

I was watching Prometheus last night as I started this post! Had some hardcore Alien fans say they hate that flick! That shit blew my mind but I'm bias as fuck to all these movies... hell I even enjoyed the last Predators movie lol!! The ending of Covenant did leave a lot to be desired but if Ridley is making 13 more lol well fuck, we're gonna need some kinda reason to keep going back haha
    If you're gonna die, die with your boots on
    mjmxiii-1619