Hybrid View

OS
    Android

Weird ranking in arena

Hi,

I've noticed two weird things in the ranking this week, one was that players had more points this week, but this is maybe because of some tweaking or because more people play since last update.

BUT THIS IS WEIRD :

I was about rank 240, (noticed it because of the greater iron coins gain) and a few minutes later (10 min), without any game played (i wasn't attacked either) i was down to rank 600. I played 1 game to see if it was just a bug and climbed to rank 550, since then i'm reloading every minutes and i gain about 7 ranks each minute (still without any games played in ATK or DEF), i'm doing it for 15 min now and i'm reaching rank 450. Feels like it is some Glitch

p.s I checked from 15h 35 GMT to 16h GMT the 20.05, after that i lost some defense, so i couldn't find anything relevant.

Up the irons
    Nerada-3011

And then there was silence, just a voice from other world
    Like a leaf in an icy world, memories will fade

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerada View Post
    Hi,

I've noticed two weird things in the ranking this week, one was that players had more points this week, but this is maybe because of some tweaking or because more people play since last update.

BUT THIS IS WEIRD :

I was about rank 240, (noticed it because of the greater iron coins gain) and a few minutes later (10 min), without any game played (i wasn't attacked either) i was down to rank 600. I played 1 game to see if it was just a bug and climbed to rank 550, since then i'm reloading every minutes and i gain about 7 ranks each minute (still without any games played in ATK or DEF), i'm doing it for 15 min now and i'm reaching rank 450. Feels like it is some Glitch

p.s I checked from 15h 35 GMT to 16h GMT the 20.05, after that i lost some defense, so i couldn't find anything relevant.

Up the irons
    It's probably not a glitch, it's just other people playing. As people gain more points than you, your rank will drop and vice versa. There may be hundreds or more people that are at the same rank so it's likely to fluctuate quite a bit unless you are very high or extremely low in rank.

They did tweak the point system, which I'm sure has a lot to do with the higher points. Not sure if it's working like they want it too or not.

OS
    Android
    It could be if it was something like a 10-20% drop,

I've reached the same amount of points i had earlier (2 pts less to be exact (from 2578 to 2576)) and I'm rank 392.

But if we just look at my initial drop it was a drop of 150% (240->600), which should be a difference of at least 100 pts, so it would mean that in a time span of 10mn, 360 players somehow gained 100 pts or more.

So it's NOT just some fluctuation, same for my rank increasing now, if it was going up or down randomly it would be, but gaining 7 ranks each 60 seconds for 1500 seconds would be like wining 25 coin toss in a row (so about 0.000003% of chance to happen)

Edit : lost 8 pts, still climbing up (rank 375)
    Last edited by Nerada; 05-20-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    Nerada-3011

OS
    Android
    You're not taking into account that your rank may be reported as 240 but there may quite a few other people with the exact same point total as you. Which means that it could report you as anywhere within that range, depending on how it reads the list. If there were 100 other people with the exact same points and the highest rank in that was 240, someone else may be seeing the same total points with a rank of 340. Technically you should be the same rank, but I don't think that's how it gets reported.

OS
    Android
    Still, lets say i was the first of 500 players (from 240 to 739) who were in a span of 10 pts, which would be weird already, (like having rank 24 to 73 in a span of 20 pts (since they have twice my points i put twice the span, actual span of 600)), going to rank 600 would have a probabiliy lower than 0.01%, so NOT just something due to fluctuations, if is was just unusual or unlikely to happen i wouldnt have signaled it.
    Last edited by Nerada; 05-20-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    Nerada-3011

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerada View Post
    Still, lets say i was the first of 500 players (from 240 to 739) who were in a span of 10 pts, which would be weird already, (like having rank 24 to 73 in a span of 20 pts (since they have twice my points i put twice the span)), going to rank 600 would have a probabiliy lower than 0.01%, so NOT just something due to fluctuations, if is was just unusual or unlikely to happen i wouldnt have signaled it.
    Why would it have a probability of lower than 0.01%. Say you were at the top of the list and showing 240, if I read that same list in reverse order you're at 739. Then, there are also the people actively playing at that rank level (say 100, which might be pretty low, could be 1,000+ judging by the number of downloads in the play store). If those 100, that were a few points below climb then that tier suddenly goes from 340 to 839 and you may end up in a different spot in the list. If it's 1,000 and only half win their battles you've jumped to the 740 to 1239 range.