Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OS
    iOS
    The same thing has been happening to me this week. I think the eternity soul thing has gotten more people interested in pvp. I'm noticing jumps of 100-200 ranks in a few minutes too. My guess is that everyone between rank 500-200 are all within 50 points or so. I can play one match and jump up 40-50 in the ranking.

Nodding Frogs gonna make some money this weekend. Between the eternity souls and the immortal souls, people will be buying a lot of ironite. I might even buy some if the drop rate of the event is decent.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    I just pulled up my attack list and everyone on a fresh list is above me (normally it's about a 50/50 split). So, I'd guess there are quite a few people actively playing. Only one that is even close to my points, the rest are 100 to 200 points higher than me which is unusual. I could make huge point gains playing this list as I'd be jumping 15-17 points at a time.

OS
    Android
    I've checked it, 300 pts between rank 260 and 640 (numbers from my trooper list)
    Nerada-3011

And then there was silence, just a voice from other world
    Like a leaf in an icy world, memories will fade

OS
    Android
    And, in about 15 minutes of play I could easily climb by 160 points or more, as could many others. If I purchased more SoW, I could double that or more. I'm sure part of it as because of what MrFreeze said. There may be some people still actively trying to get an eternal soul (not me, it'd take a lot of ironite to accomplish that). Others, like me are just stacking up the iron coins for the store reset and a buffer. Not sure which store the immortal souls will be in (don't recall them saying which one). In my case, I'm hoping it's arena store and the precious soul fragments aren't outrageously priced. So, more likely they'll be in the regular store and cost a large amount of ironite, so I'm trying to keep my little stash of ironite until I find out. Then it'll be a matter of finding out how good the drop rates are.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze View Post
    Nodding Frogs gonna make some money this weekend. Between the eternity souls and the immortal souls, people will be buying a lot of ironite. I might even buy some if the drop rate of the event is decent.
    Bingo. I thought I was the only one who realised with the Eternity Souls and the Immortal Soul event that Nodding Frog are just trying to farm money from the player base. I hope I am totally wrong about this but I have a feeling that the drop rate from the Immortal Soul event this weekend is going to be shit. I also hope I am wrong with my assumption here that if they are trying to farm money from us is that they are short of cash. Would hate for that to happen to them
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthEddie View Post
    Bingo. I thought I was the only one who realised with the Eternity Souls and the Immortal Soul event that Nodding Frog are just trying to farm money from the player base. I hope I am totally wrong about this but I have a feeling that the drop rate from the Immortal Soul event this weekend is going to be shit. I also hope I am wrong with my assumption here that if they are trying to farm money from us is that they are short of cash. Would hate for that to happen to them
    Hopefully it's not due to shortage of cash. But, as for farming money from us, that is, and should be there goal (they are a business after all). Hopefully drop rates are decent enough, which if they're like the skull levels then maybe (precious fragments haven't been in high supply for me, although other things have been far better than SLs were).

My thinking on it is. One, you get people to spend some money going for the five star Eddies. Two, maybe in the process of gaining those Eddies you help to level up the player base somewhat. The more people you have vying for the top spots, the more likely you'll get some of those people to open their wallets. When the competition for top 100 is a group of maybe 200-300 you have less people spending. If you could get a couple thousand people to that level it really becomes a competition.

Anyway, hopefully they'll make some good coin from this and a lot of us will get a new Eddie or two. Win-win for everyone.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    Anyway, hopefully they'll make some good coin from this and a lot of us will get a new Eddie or two. Win-win for everyone.
    Totally agree with that statement. Good luck to every player in the event this weekend and good luck to NF in making some cash so they can carry on improving this game which we all love
    Game ID: Andy-4743

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Askora View Post
    Not sure which store the immortal souls will be in (don't recall them saying which one). In my case, I'm hoping it's arena store and the precious soul fragments aren't outrageously priced. So, more likely they'll be in the regular store and cost a large amount of ironite, so I'm trying to keep my little stash of ironite until I find out. Then it'll be a matter of finding out how good the drop rates are.
    They will be available as a random drop in LOL levels, and have better chances of dropping from the higher tiers.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie