OS
    Android

We still buy CDs

This is the topic for all those who still spend money in CDs and LP.
    What was your last purchase?
    How many CDS do you buy a month/year?
    The last entries in my library are:
    -Solitude Aeturnus - Through My Darkest Hour (Doom Metal)
    -Samsara Blues experiment - One With the Universe (Psychedelic/Stoner)
    -Ghoultown - Life After Sundown (Hell if a I can define it)
    -Ghoultown - Ghost of The Southern Sons (same as the previous one)
    Grim-8797

OS
    Android
    I don't buy as many CDs as I used to, mostly because the amount of space they can take up. So I tend to buy digital and only buy CDs when its one of my really fave bands that I gotta add to my collection. So-
    My last purchase of a CD was Mastodon's - Emperor of Sand. Before that earlier this year I bought Red Fang - Murder the Mountains and Baroness - Green and Yellow, both from a secondhand shop for a buck each! only the Baroness CD jewelcase is broken but CDs and booklet were in great condition. For a buck I couldn't go wrong
    I can't really say how many CDs I buy a month. it might be none like recently, or 1-3. Yearly might be as little as 6, I don't usually buy more than 20 a year.

OS
    iOS
    Mostly Spotify for me but when a fave band does a CD I usually get it. Last ones bought were a Motorhead 2cd Greatest hits thing (second hand) - new ones from Unruly Child (Melodic rock), Tokyo Motor Fist (melodic rock), House of lords (Melodic rock), The Sword - Low Country (classic rock/stoner) and The Amorettes - White Hot Heat (at their last gig in Edinburgh).
    "We oil the jaws of the war machine and feed it with our babies" - Two Minutes to Midnight - Powerslave

scott-5496

OS
    iOS
    I still buy physical media only. Last cd purchases were 2 Metallica remasteres. Last LP's were Brave New World- Record Store Day & another Record Store Day soundtrack to Noturno by Goblin.

OS
    Android
    I definitely prefer CD's to MP3. MP3 just detracts from the sound quality, and there's something satisfying about owning a physical disk that you have to care for and keep clean in order for it to work.

I downloaded (illegally) most of the songs of most of the albums of Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Disturbed as a teenager, and since I started working and having money to spend, I've been gradually buying the CD's of all this wonderful music that has helped me to grow up and cope with the fucked up world we live in. So far, I've bought: Brave New World and Book of Souls by Iron Maiden; Load, Reload, St. Anger, Death Magnetic, and The Black Album by Metallica; Believe, Indestructible, and Immortalized by Disturbed; The Division Bell by Pink Floyd; and Tyranny of Souls and The Best of Bruce from Bruce Dickinson's solo career.

The next albums I have my set my sights on are: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, No Prayer for the Dying, Powerslave, The Number of the Beast, The X-Factor, Virtual XI, Ride the Lightning, ...And Justice for All, Asylum, The Sickness, Ten Thousand Fists, and The Lost Children.

Obviously, my musical horizons are fairly narrow; mostly limited to Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Disturbed with a little bit of Pink Floyd for when I'm feeling mellow. But I just recently discovered Sabaton, which seems like just the kind of non-screamo power metal that I love, and is possessed of the same kind of historical and literary inspiration that made Iron Maiden great.

Also, Iron Fire is a great (I think Danish) power metal band that sounds sort of like a combination of Iron Maiden and Dragonforce. Check out their To the Grave album for starters. Oh, and that's another album I'm meaning to buy the CD of.

Up the Irons!

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff-3007 View Post
    I still buy physical media only. Last cd purchases were 2 Metallica remasteres. Last LP's were Brave New World- Record Store Day & another Record Store Day soundtrack to Noturno by Goblin.
    I bought Metallica's Master Of Puppets (Remastered Expanded Edition).
    I don't see another option but play there. I'm just going to read about ruby fortune app bonus features. I think it's time for me to play there.