View Poll Results: What should get five star treatment next?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carriage Rider Eddie

10 41.67%
  • Soldier Eddie

8 33.33%
  • Basic Eddie

1 4.17%
  • Run to the hills Eddie

0 0%
  • Wickerman Eddie

0 0%
  • Axis bomber boy (red)

1 4.17%
  • Allied Bomber boy (green)

0 0%
  • Pyro soldier (red)

1 4.17%
  • Soulless demon (purple)

0 0%
  • Soulless demon (red)

0 0%
  • Allied soldier (blue)

2 8.33%
  • Axis soldier (blue)

0 0%
  • Red bat

1 4.17%
  • Green bat

0 0%
  • Wait til you have a better character

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Trystangst View Post
    Reflect is really powerful.
    It's whole party, not single Ally.
    It's 2 turns, not 1.
    It's 4 cost, which means that even the newest players can keep it up (minus buff steals or the blue Angel) without needing a Power generator.
    It halves ALL incoming damage (Magic, Physical AND True).
    It returns half of that as True damage (which means it ignores the enemy's DEF and MR)
    It hits all enemies, even if the original attack was single target.

Should it be adjusted? I don't know. It's really powerful early on, but by the time you're starting to farm Underworld Madness you're likely moving away from it to more damaging abilities (I still use my soldier, but I don't usually cast reflect - he does plenty of AoE damage with his regular attack). If PVP becomes a thing, probably.

As for only leveling "safe bets" - if that's how you want to play, sure. But I'm with Gonzo - I'm going to level what I have and use. If it gets nerfed later, well that's just part of playing an online game.
    Honestly man, I've tried many other troopers in place of my 4 star blue allied soldier, and most of the time Even just using his AOE attack and not healing with my red dog, I'll level most of the enemies in the first turn; however, the blue allied soldier is still my most consistent character, it's reflect shield is priceless, it's so overpowered I feel its retarded (full blown easy mode).
    As for the safe bet talismans, I'm basically referring to the blue ones and the green ones (health overwhelming/ward, and paladin/whatever). I'd love to use freeze, paralysis, vampiric, but they're either broken, or not worth it due to the lack of AOE/correct character. The shield talismans seem to be terrible, all of them are worse than the reflect shield, even if they were passive abilities they still wouldn't be as good as the reflect shield. The penetrating talismans should be good and I haven't tried the red ones, but the blue ones don't seem to work either. :/
    The yellow ones seem to be witchcraft still so I'm hesitant to upgrade them, (I don't even know if I have all the types of yellow ones). I don't have a character to fit the purple ones :/

Again, PvP seems like 6months away with all the bug fixes that need to be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Trystangst View Post
    This isn't a shot at people that do like it, but I've never understood the fascination with PVP in games like this.

At the top of the "ladder" you're going to see the same 3 units with the same 6 talismans.

Not to mention that anyone who's let the AI play knows that it's not anywhere near ready for PVP - who casts a party buff as the last action of a turn when there's 1 enemy with 50 HP left?
    Yeah the AI is pretty bad in this game. When I run auto, my possessed mine casts a heal at the beginning of the level. Every single time. We just started, I'm sure the party doesn't need to be healed! And then there is an enemy with a sliver of health and the AI uses the Fury skill (overkill) instead of saving it for the next wave.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Qed View Post
    Carriage, soldier and blue allied soldier are definitive characters.
    agreed!
    I picked soldier, but really any of those could have gotten my vote

OS
    iOS
    So I'm going with Carriage Rider, followed by the red bat and soldier Eddie: to go with carriage rider Eddie I have a pharaoh dog King, and blue allied soldier (which functions just fine in its OP state at 4 stars). I also have quite a few blue talismans at five stars already and some green ones for the build. The red bat will be upgraded whenever I have enough red talismans at five stars to go around (at least 3 more or so), and lastly soldier Eddie because he's the oddball I feel given my other characters; however, I'll point out here that when soldier Eddie is finally upgraded he will be max with Max talismans the second I have enough shards because by this point I should have plenty of Max talismans to go around.
    Anyway, that's my build, thanks for the input everyone!

OS
    iOS
    So the plan changed after I drank all of the beer in the house last eve.... I upgraded Soldier Eddie and Pyro soldier. Seemed like a good idea at the time
    And this morning, so far so good with the pyro soldier, he's slotting right in where the blue allied soldier was and provides some tank/AOE damage. All the characters buff each other now.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by aur0ra85 View Post
    So the plan changed after I drank all of the beer in the house last eve.... I upgraded Soldier Eddie and Pyro soldier. Seemed like a good idea at the time
    And this morning, so far so good with the pyro soldier, he's slotting right in where the blue allied soldier was and provides some tank/AOE damage. All the characters buff each other now.
    +100000 to this... I woke up to a maxed 4* Mummy Eddie, Green Bat and Blue Bat... It could've been worse.

Birthdays with my friends can get a little too savage. Problem is... we are not 25 anymore :P

So, is the green Pyro any good? I've had mine since forever and never never touched it... How's his damage?

Now, if you don't mind... I'm gonna go close every courtain in house... Light is killing me.

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    So, is the green Pyro any good? I've had mine since forever and never never touched it... How's his damage?
    He's a bit crap for damage but hard to kill - like the other green characters. I've got him up to 4*/lev61.

OS
    iOS
    The red dog life steal/heal ability is working amazing with three red characters.

OS
    Android
    I leveled the red Pyro Soldier first. Hits like a freight train with a good defensive buff. I haven't lost him yet. Eddie dies before him.

So is Blue Allied soldier still intact after the server update?

I just got 3 blue 3* shards in a secret level which is enough to upgrade one of these blue characters to 5 star:
    Allied Soldier (current ally)
    Child of the Damned (current ally)
    Angel of Pain
    Any recommendations?