Page 40 of 59 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardas View Post
    Well, Tier 6 confirmed for me.
    Ought to say, PVP's an interesting experience. Thanks for the fun event NF! Don't see myself keeping up at this rate though
    You win most impressive performance in my book. Climbing all the way up there with ox soul defense is just crazy. Nice job!
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    Thanks man, I talk a lot of shit but appreciate integrity above all. Thanks for stepping up This solidifies my love for the game!
    I had someone bump me a page or two Friday morning. Looked at my attack list and covered with the guy.

But unfortunately this event - while quite awesome and with good intentions - promoted this type of behavior. I think the guy just wanted quick points - but who knows. You also have to assume he's played enough to know it could skew rankings. But it - once again - illustrates the need for attack limits.

Was going to bring it up in the weekly PvP thread tomorrow

Sparton - will pm you.

Thanks
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    I hold my breath at the end of every battle. You just don't know when that APMA error is gonna bite you. I feel like I'm battling the servers this week trying to make top 25.

I got attacked a lot by some dude the other day. Dunno why. Didn't really question anything because I've just been jumping in between 2500-2800 anyway. Don't remember the name.

Didn't take notice because my stubbornness can have me attack someone until I get a win. Just for the 2 free sands... Fought some dude I think 8 times, 5 of those were waiting for the coin flip, one of those was a screw up, a server error, and then the win.
    Last edited by BonFire; 06-03-2017 at 11:46 PM.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    I had someone bump me a page or two Friday morning. Looked at my attack list and covered with the guy.

But unfortunately this event - while quite awesome and with good intentions - promoted this type of behavior. I think the guy just wanted quick points - but who knows. You also have to assume he's played enough to know it could skew rankings. But it - once again - illustrates the need for attack limits.

Sparton - will pm you.

Thanks
    Looking forward to your PvP thread

Banned
    OS
    iOS

Sparton - will pm you.

Thanks
    This wasnt about quick points. Always trying to play all sides lol. I was targeted for being awesome. Moving on.

Undeniably a flaw in the system, yes. A sobering reminder for the management why I keep pushing to ensure the fix for that is in the next major update (and I guess the timing of the lead programmer coming in to rectify the situation at the end of the event a further reminder). I think one of the programmers was literally working on the safeguard for this on Friday, so I'm confident we'll have that bottled up relatively soon.

Nonetheless, we will review and can unban and compensate if it's just a misunderstanding and we have reason to believe that such inflating won't happen again in the future. Obviously some people were doing this one way or another, but with the volume of attacks going out we were trying to be hands off and not too ban happy this week, since most instances of it were not making a perceptible difference in either event rewards (for people being inflated) or rank placing.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    This wasnt about quick points. Always trying to play all sides lol. I was targeted for being awesome. Moving on.
    Clint with another name?

Certainly couldn't rule it out.
    Nicko-0517

OS
    iOS
    Was fun, didn't have to buy any ironite at least, 446 attacks, would have made it, but it crashed too many times. I bet I lost an hour or more with resets, lags and crashes. I get the event was a drain, but still, sucks.
    Eskiggalu-8063

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparton_LOTB View Post
    Undeniably a flaw in the system, yes. A sobering reminder for the management why I keep pushing to ensure the fix for that is in the next major update (and I guess the timing of the lead programmer coming in to rectify the situation at the end of the event a further reminder). I think one of the programmers was literally working on the safeguard for this on Friday, so I'm confident we'll have that bottled up relatively soon.

Nonetheless, we will review and can unban and compensate if it's just a misunderstanding and we have reason to believe that such inflating won't happen again in the future. Obviously some people were doing this one way or another, but with the volume of attacks going out we were trying to be hands off and not too ban happy this week, since most instances of it were not making a perceptible difference in either event rewards (for people being inflated) or rank placing.
    Awesome - great to hear.

And I think Jofer will be happiest about this of all, since it will finally quiet the naysayers should he repeat as Eternal
    Nicko-0517