Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    OS
    iOS

Case study: boosting the special stat

In this post I'll be exploring the Yellow Talismans and their relation to Soldier Eddie with regards to his special stat. All other stats will be ignored in the post and we will only focus on the special stat. Onslaught talismans were not tested because they have AIDS.

4 star soldier Eddie level 80:
    HP 2865
    ATK 318
    DEF 328
    MAGIC 317
    M. RESIST 328
    SPECIAL 330

Talismans:
    BOOST WILL: Special X 25%, a bonus of 82 was noted. 25% of 330 is 82.5 meaning decimal was rounded down. Exactly what we are supposed to get.
    RUSH WILL: Special X 25% defence no modifier bonus was noted, talisman appears to be broken.
    RUSH BULWARK: special X 25% of defence, no Modifier bonus was noted, talisman appears to be broken
    WARP WILL: special X 25% of MR bonus is 82, exactly 25% of MR.
    WARP BULWARK: special X 25% of MR, bonus is 82. Exactly 25% of MR.

For shits and giggles Pharaoh dog King level 100 stats:
    HP 7651
    ATK 230
    DEF 925
    MAGIC 919
    M. RESIST 925
    SPECIAL 238

WARP TALSIMAN BULWARK: Special X 25% of MR, bonus of 59. Talisman is broken, Talisman is multiplying (.25)(special) and not MR. I chose this character because of its absurdly high MR stat hoping to get a massive boost in the special stat. The modifier bonus should be 231... WOW.

Conclusion:
    The rush Talsimans are broken, they provide NO MODIFIER BONUS at this time.

The Warp talismans are broken, they provide a 25% increase multiplied by Special, not MR. Equipping them will have no noticeable effect on Soldier Eddie at this time nor in the future due to his MR and special stat being so close. In the future if this Talisman is fixed, it will provide a mega boost for all other characters that have a high MR value.

Boost Talismans are functioning fine at this time and will provide the exact same value as warp talismans on all characters.

Upgrade these Talsimans at your own risk.

Good thread, I actually upgraded all of them (Will) to LV50 and noticed the broken talisman when all provided my Cyborg Eddie the same special bonus. I did mention this in another thread but I didn't report this as a bug...did you?
    Last edited by Kaijester; 08-06-2016 at 03:09 PM.

OS
    iOS
    Nada sir. Your cyborg is pretty cool FYI, he's my fav of your characters. How on earth did you get so many rares and so many gunners?

OS
    Android
    As Kaijester The Unmodly said, really good post.

Although I don't think it should be a priority let's hope this gets fixed so we can reach the potential of our characters.

OS
    iOS
    I'm going to upgrade warp talismans only at this time as there is no difference between it and the boost version. If it ever gets fixed the warp talisman should have huge impacts on all other characters save for soldier Eddie.

How can you tell the bonus was noted during the game?
    Beeboo-9833 Level 98

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeboo View Post
    How can you tell the bonus was noted during the game?
    The only way to figure it out is by doing the math. See my original post.

OS
    Android
    What does the video have to do with the post?

OS
    iOS
    I have a request and a theorem:
    If you're running a character that does true damage, ie soldier Eddie or any character that has yellow and red slots: please try out a max WARP BULWARK talismans on your character in place of WILL talismans and post results. According to the help section true damage scales both attack and magic stat, the small increase to attack stat from the WILL talismans should pale in comparison to the huge increase in HP and Magic from the BULWARK talisman at level 50, if this mechanic works as it's supposed to, it should be a no brainer and the BULWARK should potentially produce much heavier damage more consistently than the WILL talisman, even on a red build, in addition you get more HP from the BULWARK.

OS
    iOS
    Another note: the BULWARK yellow talisman should be a solid choice for a blue character instead of a pair of blue talismans. Yes, you lose 100 magic for the substitute, and you lose the modifier bonus, but you gain ALOT of HP, and you gain a mega increase in special which should translate well to Eddie and Axis commander.