Hi all!

I've been playing for 5 days having heard about the game and downloading it after a Maiden show last week. So I've got the basic dynamics of game play, in the "story mode" I'm working through Battlefield having completed Ailing Kingdom on normal + hard, and Kingdom of the Sands on normal.

I'm struggling with a few things, like which talismans to use and how best to power them up without wasting runes all over the place, but I know there is a separate area of the forum for that.. I will read through that shortly

The thing I really can't get through though, is the arena battles! It seems like it's full of high level players using 3 or 4 (or higher) star characters with crazy high levels. My current leader is my level 41, 3 star Wickerman Eddie. I just don't see how I can get my characters to a high enough standard to partake in arena battles any time soon, and it would seem that I need to win arena battles to get the coins needed to buy rare souls.

I might be missing the point, but it would appear to me that buying rare souls is a fairly crucial part of the game to acquire good, powerful characters, rather than the low level ones that come from the souls as regular rewards.

Any advice for a beginner would be really appreciated! I apologise if these are the questions that everyone has asked a thousand times.. I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for, but I'm also not experienced with these games so probably haven't been searching correctly..

Thanks!