Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    iOS

New, and struggling!

Hi all!

I've been playing for 5 days having heard about the game and downloading it after a Maiden show last week. So I've got the basic dynamics of game play, in the "story mode" I'm working through Battlefield having completed Ailing Kingdom on normal + hard, and Kingdom of the Sands on normal.

I'm struggling with a few things, like which talismans to use and how best to power them up without wasting runes all over the place, but I know there is a separate area of the forum for that.. I will read through that shortly

The thing I really can't get through though, is the arena battles! It seems like it's full of high level players using 3 or 4 (or higher) star characters with crazy high levels. My current leader is my level 41, 3 star Wickerman Eddie. I just don't see how I can get my characters to a high enough standard to partake in arena battles any time soon, and it would seem that I need to win arena battles to get the coins needed to buy rare souls.

I might be missing the point, but it would appear to me that buying rare souls is a fairly crucial part of the game to acquire good, powerful characters, rather than the low level ones that come from the souls as regular rewards.

Any advice for a beginner would be really appreciated! I apologise if these are the questions that everyone has asked a thousand times.. I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for, but I'm also not experienced with these games so probably haven't been searching correctly..

Thanks!

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarwizard93 View Post
    Hi all!

I've been playing for 5 days having heard about the game and downloading it after a Maiden show last week. So I've got the basic dynamics of game play, in the "story mode" I'm working through Battlefield having completed Ailing Kingdom on normal + hard, and Kingdom of the Sands on normal.

I'm struggling with a few things, like which talismans to use and how best to power them up without wasting runes all over the place, but I know there is a separate area of the forum for that.. I will read through that shortly

The thing I really can't get through though, is the arena battles! It seems like it's full of high level players using 3 or 4 (or higher) star characters with crazy high levels. My current leader is my level 41, 3 star Wickerman Eddie. I just don't see how I can get my characters to a high enough standard to partake in arena battles any time soon, and it would seem that I need to win arena battles to get the coins needed to buy rare souls.

I might be missing the point, but it would appear to me that buying rare souls is a fairly crucial part of the game to acquire good, powerful characters, rather than the low level ones that come from the souls as regular rewards.

Any advice for a beginner would be really appreciated! I apologise if these are the questions that everyone has asked a thousand times.. I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for, but I'm also not experienced with these games so probably haven't been searching correctly..

Thanks!
    Hello there!

One thing you have to know before spending lots of time here is that this game is not one where you can advance quickly. It might even take 1-3 months to clear every level with 3 skulls. Using strong troopers can help you advance, but eventually you will find yourself in a situation that even if you have a lvl 100 trooper, your other characters will not be able to take the heat on a particular level and you will die anyway. So be cautious!

You are indeed right about two things, the first is to go and read the talisman guide and their location master file before planning (however, the usefulness of each one will come with experience only), and the second is about rare souls. I suggest to accumulate ironite you get from achievements and from skull quests which you will unlock as you advance in the PvE mode - 675 ironite will give you 10 rare souls from which you can get lucky. If you are not satisfied with the characters you get, from player level 10 you can sacrifice them, working towards filling the vortex, which yields great rewards.

As for arena - forget it for a while. The only thing you will be able to do is picking Eddie-only-defenses, which will give you the Iron Coins, another option if you cannot win any fights on your current roster is to lose on purpose. Not the best feeling, I know, but you get 1 Iron Coin nevertheless, and will be pushed back on points meaning you will get weaker opponents the next time your attack list refreshes.

An advice: upgrade talismans on your characters the moment you have enough resources. Currently to evolve a character to 5* you need 3* evolution shards, which drops only from Lord of Light level 7+ and the only way to successfully conquer that one in the future is to have enough firepower with you, which is given by talismans.

Don't forget you are playing only for 5 days now, there's a long road ahead. If you are persistent, you can rise up, but that takes time in LotB. Unless you are super lucky with rare souls
    Enti-2694

OS
    Android
    Welcome to the forums and the game, man! The guides section of the forum will have a lot of useful information for you, as well as the character discussion area of the forums. If you have any questions about which characters to put resources into, that section will definitely help you out and you can even start a new thread to ask for input from some of the veteran players.

In all honesty, this game is a long-term focused one. Starting off, especially in the current environment, will be quite difficult at first. However, with time, you'll find it easier to compete in the arena and may even start beating players who have been around longer but aren't as good at strategizing. The arena truly does require you to have a decent team of 5* lvl 100 characters if you want to be competitive. For now, I'd urge you to focus on fighting the players you can currently beat for Iron Coins and skipping the tougher players. Also, when you refresh the arena attack list, you will always be given easier players to fight. Keep that in mind as those easier players may make it so you can farm Iron Coins quicker.

I hope that all helps! Best of luck and have fun, man!
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    iOS
    Thanks for your reply!

So I'll drop my dreams of arena glory for now, thanks for the input on that one. Having little to no experience with these games, I haven't a clue what kind of progression speed to expect.. I can also find very little information regarding arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    The only thing you will be able to do is picking Eddie-only-defenses, which will give you the Iron Coins
    Sorry if I'm just repeating you in different words, but are you saying that by leaving a defence consisting only of an Eddie, I will get coins every time someone beats my defence in the arena? Cause that seems like a great plan to me

Thanks again

OS
    iOS
    are you saying that by leaving a defence consisting only of an Eddie, I will get coins every time someone beats my defence in the arena? Cause that seems like a great plan to me
    You're welcome, we here on the forums help new players as much as we can. Though you just dropped in a 500 battle arena event, so you might get slow responses

What I meant is that some players don't set their defense at all, meaning one of their eddies is the only defender, without any allies. If you have some defensive characters by your side, you can defeat those players in arena. You don't get Iron Coins for defense as far as I know, or never noticed.

A strategy can be that you set an Eddie-only defense as well, which will keep your points low, so you get weaker opponents. This is what I am currently doing on my alt.
    Enti-2694

OS
    iOS
    Oh I almost forgot

SAVE YOUR SKILL SHARDS

It can abe tempting to boost 1-2 characters, but you'll not know at this stage of the game which one is worthy of it and those damn thingies are not easy to come by.
    Enti-2694

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Enti View Post
    A strategy can be that you set an Eddie-only defense as well, which will keep your points low, so you get weaker opponents. This is what I am currently doing on my alt.
    Got it! I did wonder why today I was suddenly seeing all these high level opponents rather than the 1 and 2 stars I had yesterday.. That will be to do with defence team I guess.

Is this arena event something I should know about and cash in on, or beyond my current abilities? :P

OS
    iOS
    Check the event announcement HERE

You will be able to reach some tiers by yourself, so I recommend you to jump in - whether you win or lose, it does not matter, your total attacks made is what will be giving you the rewards.
    Enti-2694

OS
    Android
    Welcome to the battlefield! One small advice: patience. You’ll need a lot when advancing in the stages, when opening souls and when fighting in the Arena (I’m still not too comfortable with PvP).

Right now, like it was said before me, you have the opportunity to cash at least a Gun/Assassin Soul, which can give you a better character to fight the stages, and this opportunity is only this week.

So, try to aim for the Tier 3 Rewards => Complete 125+ battles in the Arena to earn all Tier 1-2 rewards + Eternity Fragments x15 + Rare Gun/Assassin Soul x1. It might worth to try, maybe you’ll get some goodies from the rare souls, wo knows...

This event is only this week, so it won’t matter if you win or lose in the Arena, its just important to play right now and next week, when you’ll have some new characters, you can ask which are the best to evolve and use for the future advance, its a great community here.
    I wish for a talisman type converter

OS
    Android
    Hi all!

Thanks!
    Don't worry about rare souls, you'll get them playing the story mode and through achievements. also don't expect to rush, fighting in the arena is fun but you'll need a little bit more time before being able to compete, advancing there is something you do slowly but steadily.
    Also, as many have said up to now, be carefull with skill shards, they are rare and extremely important for the growth of your characters, if you are not sure then don't waste them!
    Grim-8797