Thread: Soul Claiming

Soul Claiming

Am I the only one who hardly gets any 4* or 5* characters from within the Rare Souls? Even with the Legendary Soul I have only got a 4* character.

Is there a knack to getting them as I see a lot of lower level players who have teams with a lot of 5* characters. I know they're probably paying loads of moolah to get the souls (something I refuse to do anymore as I've already spent more than enough on the game with little to show for it) but there must still be a knack or method.
    Ken

CrossbowCA-7764

OS
    Android
    Nope. Just luck
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    Android
    RNG is a fickle beast

We've all had stories of bad luck with the souls. Haven't had a single 5* from Legendary Souls yet, and I hadn't gotten a 4* from Rare Gunner/Assassin Souls until last month

Personally I like dropping Rare Souls in large bunches (at least 10) to lessen the inevitable feeling of disappointment
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    I feel you mate, my last legendary soul was a dupe Sentinel Golden Son, and i lack A LOT of better toons...the worst thing it's not the poor droprate, but the incredible amount of dupes that i get, the Eddie event was a "dupe only" pain...i don't even get mad anymore, it is what it is, i tend to do the opposite of Kardas and throw one soul at the time because if i get no red eyes in a 10 souls pack it burns too much =D

cheers

"You just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Blackbolt-3189

OS
    Android
    My experience is similar. I have had four 4* toons in total from all the rare souls I have used, including a purchase of the 10 soul megapack early on which yielded me a big fat zero there. First one I got from a rare soul was a dupe (warrior bomber boy) which I originally recieved from a legendary soul I bought as soon as I had enough arena coin so that was nice..... Like most I get lots of dupes, such as Warrior Golden Sun, never a Magus or Sentinal GS I've lost count of how many Corrupt Owl Cultists I've received. Best toon I have received out of a rare soul was the Magus Corrupt Rescuer which I got recently after about 2 months of playing. Just in time for the recent Arena event thank god. I've received one 5* toon (pharaoh dog king) from a legendary soul out of 3 in total and by the sounds of it I probably did well there.
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    My experience is similar. I have had four 4* toons in total from all the rare souls I have used, including a purchase of the 10 soul megapack early on which yielded me a big fat zero there.
    There's another item which isn't good value at all - even though there's no monetary value in the real world. If you read the descriptions of the Rare Soul items in the stores it is:

1 Rare Soul - 75 Ironite - *Guaranteed* 3 to 5 star character
    3 Rare Souls - 225 Ironite - THREE attempts for a 3 to 5 star character
    10 Rare Souls - 675 Ironite - TEN attempts for a 3 to 5 star character

Yes, on paper it looks good value as you're paying for 9 souls and getting the 10th free (the 3 soul pack is only 3 x 75 anyway so no value in it) but when you check you have only 10 attempts at the 3 to 5 star character - it's not a guaranteed 10 x 3 to 5 star characters. Personally I purchase the single souls, even if buying 10, so then I'm guaranteed to get a 3 to 5 star character out of them all. I can totally agree about the duplicates though, I used to keep them but now claim the souls and then sacrifice immediately to see what I can get.
    Ken

CrossbowCA-7764

OS
    Android
    Well I put it down to being a rookie mistake.....
    They were all 3* characters so that is still a guarantee I would have thought.... just no 4* star or above which was the disappointing part. I think the wording is changed so maybe people don't think they have a guarantee on getting one of those sweet Eddies I am still hoping for...
    "Handing out the oranges in JomsVikings"

thealchemist-3575.

OS
    Android
    Correct; in the earlier days (July-October) I still purchased the Rare Soul 10-packs and I always got 10 3-5* characters. I get your point, but you are buying 10 Rare Souls, and these things are confirmed to drop only 3-5* Warrior/Sentinel/Magus characters.
    Their wording certainly is confusing though.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired