Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Raising up sand of time to 120

Hey guys,

had a good discussion with a buddy of mine who said that the sand of time cap should be raised to 120. After i thought about it, i found that this is an excellent idea.
    The main problem which makes LOTB non real live compatible is that you have to log in several times per day, just to fullfill every obligation you have in the game.

120 SOT would do one main thing:

It would make the refill of SOT and SOW synchrone, which would be a huge improvement. You could burn everything and login 10 hours later and burn everything again.
    Basicly only 2 logins per day would be needed, and this would make LOTB much better for the casual player and the hardcore ones too. We would have a bigger break that allows us
    to work, to sleep and do other things without the "need" to play. Remember the old Kaijester who told us that he even woke up, burned some SOT and continue sleeping after that. While
    this is way too hardcore for the most of us i bet he is not the only one who does that (or similar things).

120 SOT would structure LOTB way more and make it fit better into our real lives. Remember all the great guys that left because of this (billion, kaijester and many more ;-( ). And remember all the complains about that. It's a small and a simple change which would have a huge positive impact on the game i think.

Please devs consider this as an possibility to care about your players. These kind of games entice compulsive and addictive personalities, so they deserve some protection from your side.
    And the avarage joe would thank you as well.

Let me hear what you guys think about this.

EDIT: in another game i played a while ago you can buy incresed stamina for in game currency. So the devs could even make some money with it. Let's say buy 5 additional SOT for xyz Ironite or gold. Same could work for SOW. So the ones who would like to have it can kinda buy it. This would also make sot refills more valuable so we can handle LOL, SQs and BNW (hopefully) better.
    Last edited by slauki; 06-05-2017 at 11:45 AM.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    iOS
    Great idea. On busy days I struggle getting through my troopers. Especially with the new increased cost of the secret locations. One way they could implement this would be to raise the cap for player level. Let us go up to 125 or 150. That way they can keep things even, and we can get some more of those free refills.
    MrFreeze-6530

OS
    Android
    This is a well thought thread slauki. I remember that discussion - i think Kaijester have left the forum and the game after that like the others you have mentioned.

Nowadays i am active in the game and forum - due to my long holiday. But even in a holiday, time spent in the game is way too much - almost equal to a full time job. From my marketing view point, game looks like focusing to one persona only - a person plays lot of hours daily. Almost everyone in this forum are this type of personas.

But there is tons of people out there just can put half an hour or 1 hour into this game daily. If they don't get reasonable (it doesn't have to be super duper) progress by playing half an hour a day, they will lose the motivation to play and quit. In my view, solution is not to focus on one persona only - they can also add some balance for the personas like who wants to play half an hour a day. It can be done without breaking hearts of who wants to grind longer hours and deserve more rewards.

Raising the SOT to 120 would be really helpful, but Nr.1 issue about the time for me is playing 50 troopers a day.
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    Android
    Good idea, im on it pretty much all day for a good 6 hrs or more depending on work of if its the weekend

OS
    iOS
    Another top notch suggestion from you slauki

There are days where I simply don't have the time to play, and others where the game is constantly open. On busy days, if I came back late from work to a full 120 sands it would make playing my troopers easier and more efficient ie. it would mean purchasing less (or no) refills to fulfill daily obligations.

On bank holidays like today with lots of free time to spare, 120 sands would allow me to auto powerslave for a couple hours. At the same time, SoT would fill up just from playing. Combined with the free SoT from completing a level, it would make playing my daily fifty troopers quicker and convenient.

This really is an idea the devs should consider, since the player benefits from not having to spend hours upon hours playing and the game itself would benefit since players aren't exhausted from playing so much.

Thank you slauki, for doing the dirty work of starting this thread. Now hope someone sees it
    mammy-7388

OS
    Android
    I really like this idea from a player standpoint. It makes a lot of sense for us to have the additional sands.

From a business standpoint (devil's advocate), the argument can be made that they need to continue to fund the game, and since it is an ad-free model, there is no benefit to them to increase playtime / reduce the need to purchase ironite.

Maybe the answer comes in the form of a $5 - $10 monthly subscription model, where SOT (120) and SOW (20) are raised for the month.

We can't complain about bugs and then complain about paying... the money has to come from somewhere to pay the devs to keep working on the game. If that's a subscription model, you've got my money. Those who don't want to pay the monthly can stay at their 80/10 sands and stay casual and free.

I may get some backlash from this, but it's being said in the hopes that it can be taken into serious consideration by the NF team, as I feel there needs to be something in it for both sides for it to make sense.

OS
    Android
    This plus letting us use more then one trooper at a time would solve a lot of issues for people.

OS
    Android
    Seems like a nice suggestion. Way back (in August???) the SoT cap was lowered, correct? Your points seem pretty solid regardless Slauki.
    A different solution would be to allow multiple Troopers in the Skull Quests, but raising the SoT cap is probably significantly easier to program.
    Only thing is I'm not sure how the LoL dungeons would be affected by this change.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner-1212 View Post
    I really like this idea from a player standpoint. It makes a lot of sense for us to have the additional sands.

From a business standpoint (devil's advocate), the argument can be made that they need to continue to fund the game, and since it is an ad-free model, there is no benefit to them to increase playtime / reduce the need to purchase ironite.

Maybe the answer comes in the form of a $5 - $10 monthly subscription model, where SOT (120) and SOW (20) are raised for the month.

We can't complain about bugs and then complain about paying... the money has to come from somewhere to pay the devs to keep working on the game. If that's a subscription model, you've got my money. Those who don't want to pay the monthly can stay at their 80/10 sands and stay casual and free.

I may get some backlash from this, but it's being said in the hopes that it can be taken into serious consideration by the NF team, as I feel there needs to be something in it for both sides for it to make sense.
    i think in longterm making players happy and keep em motivated should payout the best, but i can see you arguments though. i just think a subscription model is too much of a revolution for a f2p game. they would loose many players. so let us buy it would be an option. maybe it should work similar like slot expansion: 1 sot = 100 ironite or 1.000.000 gold maybe?with increasing costs for every additional sot/sow? something like that should work better i think, since it's more within the logic of the game.
    sparton told us that they are working on multiple trooper uses, this would be nice too, but synching the game to 10h or even 8h seems necessary nontheless, just to get rid of the permanent need to log in and play the game.it just makes so much sense i think. right now it's a mess.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I agree with you, Slauki. A similar game to LOTB that I played early last year, SWGOH, had a 120 cap on their energy resource too, IIRC. That made it a lot easier to manage your time with the game. On top of that, they also had the ability to 'sim' a PVE battle and skip straight to the rewards. Both of these things made the game more manageable, since it was already a huge time sink.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie