Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Should I use skill shards, or should I keep them for later?

Hey everyone.

I have been playing for about a little more than a month now and have gathered some skill shards and some in my eyes not too bad toons. I'm now asking myself, if I should use some of the 12 skill shards I have on some of my toons.

My toons I am considering are: 4* Assassin Golden Son, 4* Mummy Eddie, 4* Magus Golden Son and 4* Sentinel Harpy.

It would be really nice and greatly appreciated, if anybody would tell me, if one of these 4 toons is worth using the skill shards on, or if I should keep on hoping for better toons.

P.S. I also have a 4* Gunner Soldier Eddie, 4* Run to the Hills Eddie and 4* Fear of the Dark Eddie but am hardly using them mostly the 4* Mummy Eddie, that's why I'm mostly considering the Mummy for the shards.
    Last edited by TiHa; 05-17-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    TiHa-9650

OS
    Android
    My advice would be to hold off using them. Sentinel harpy just got nerfed, but still may be ok. Mummy, even with the skill shards isn't all that hard a hitter. I'd wait until you've gotten some five star characters built up and can start really competeing.

Slauki has a great thread with maximized characters, that's a good place to start. In pvp, the best characters to have change with every update. So, once you've built up a half way decent team, if you've got the skill shards then would be the time to use them.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Wait.

None of those toons are worth The Precious (skill shards), would also be cautious period in this meta changing tornado we have going on. Especially if it's taken you that long to save them.

OS
    Android
    Thanks for the answers.

I will keep the shards for later use. Will most likely take ages for me to get any half way decent characters then to use them on, but whatever.

With the Mummy I also was influenced by the Beginners Guide v.1 Thread, where he is called the best pvp-Eddie.
    TiHa-9650

OS
    Android
    THe slauki thread with the maximized toons is great and all, but to me as a newer player, it has two problems.

First and foremost it is gigantic and holds way too many informations for me to process.

Second it does not tell me, how many stars the toons have, when I get them, so i dont know how likely it is for me to get them and what kind of soul I need to get them.
    TiHa-9650

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by TiHa View Post
    Thanks for the answers.

I will keep the shards for later use. Will most likely take ages for me to get any half way decent characters then to use them on, but whatever.

With the Mummy I also was influenced by the Beginners Guide v.1 Thread, where he is called the best pvp-Eddie.
    That guide may be a tad bit outdated now. Mummy was nerfed and, while still good, is by no means the best PVP Eddie anymore. It's actually difficult to say which Eddie is the best now, with the recent nerf of VE in mind. Time will tell.
    Tritium-3455
    Current Champion: Lvl 100 maxed Cyborg Eddie

OS
    Android
    Would a Cyborg Eddie be worth sinking shards into?

Was lucky enough to draw him on the weekend from a Rare Gunner/Assassin Soul I got from a Challenge Reward.
    Last edited by TiHa; 05-31-2017 at 11:35 AM.
    TiHa-9650

OS
    Android
    Lvl up cyborg and see if you like him. If you do like him you could put shards on him. I personally love that guy
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    Android
    What talisman combination would you advise for Cyborg to make the best of him?
    TiHa-9650

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by TiHa View Post
    Second it does not tell me, how many stars the toons have, when I get them, so i dont know how likely it is for me to get them and what kind of soul I need to get them.
    There's a different thread for that: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/sh...drops-per-soul

Hope it helps!
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired