I realized today that I never introduced myself here. I jumped right in when I found this forum. My name is Rene G. I'm from San Antonio, TX. My favorite metal band is... Iron Maiden. I've been a fan since 1984. That's a lot in dog years! For those that are interested, my user name comes from the initials of each of my family. 5 being the number of members. NOTHING ELSE... (any resemblance to people, places or things is strictly coincidental). We were supposed to stop at two... that didn't happen...

In '92 we got to meet the band at an after show "meet & greet" when my oldest was 6 months old. My wife threw him on the table and each member signed his t-shirt (still have it). Bruce actually asked if he could hold him. He did, for what seemed like an eternity... (one of the best days of my life). Needless to say been huge fan of Bruce's ever since. I got to take a picture with him in '99 just before the release of Brave New World (profile pic). That was amazing as well.

I stopped playing video games in '94 when I just didn't have the time anymore. I didn't want to pick this one up either but I needed some kind of diversion and I was sucked in... I've been playing everyday since October 2016, even on vacation days! If I don't, I have this sense of letting friends down. I believe that that is what this forum is; friends that have come together from all over the world because of their love for one band. I have some non-forum Troopers and have been thinking of ways to direct them to this forum. They have been great daily players and I'd like to thank them.

Thanks to all the forum members that are fellow Troopers. Your badges have been a great help. Although we've lost a few solid members over the last few months, some have come back and that has been awesome. To the new members, keep playing and checking in here. As you can see, it's always good to meet new people and connect.

There's only one'um... and that's fuck'um... UP THE IRONS!