Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Glad this week is finally over!

I am posting something very personal about my last week in arena, but I think it can be interesting from the other players to read snd hopefully it can be a point for a constructive conversation.

This had been a very long week....I wanted to try to run for the Eternal for the first time after the changes of characters and score.
    I thought it was nicer and interesting so i wanted to give it a try.
    First of all congrats to the winner....he is too fast for me..I will never catch him I guess.
    Then Congrats to Chaosego888. I am not sure he is a member of the forum but i hope he reads it. It was very challenging to comfront with you and you had been a very hard opponent to face during the whole week. The battle between us was absolutely epic from my point of view.

About Arena itself I think 8 but this is jus the ersonal opinion of a player) that a lot of work is still to be done.
    The matchmaking continues to suck. I had to attack repeatedly always the same people as my lists were always the same.

I apologise with many of you but I had no choice. If you want to try to get to the Eternal you just have to shut up and clean the lists.

then about the 1:1 system and the dfenses. i think this new system made the game much more various as yu can use many more characters than before but....it completely killed defenses, which means that if you start to attack to win you enter a neverending circle. the more you attack to rank up, the more you get attaked by people who want to score up just cause you have an higher rank.
    The more you get attacked...the more you must attack, and so on.
    I ended the week doing more than 1000 attacks ( exactly 1027 95%)and I got attacked 785 times today i got an attack almost every 2 minutes.

To keep this rythm is absolutely crazy on the long trail.
    It brought me to loose sleep and rest and to get more stressed than to have fun.
    this is why i think i am not gonna run for the Eternal at least not in the very short trail ( even because after loosing it 4 times I guess is not my thing lol) .
    This is why i am very happy this week is finally over....
    it is time to keep back my free time and my sleep.

Does a chance to win the Eternal worth all of this?Loosing sleep...loosing time.....getting stressed and so on....

" There's a time to live, and a time to die, when it's time to meet the Maker, there's a time to live, but isn't it strange? that as soon as your born you're dying!"

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Damn man, if i could hand it to you I would. I had half the attacks both for and against than you. I guess it pays to wait if you have good %s.

Try for it any of the next few weeks and I'll cheer from the sidelines.

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    And I just noticed you're from Italy. Now the Bengio rage makes sense. Thanks for not being like the rest of your countrymen.

OS
    Android
    This is why I also sit back for now. A time will come my friend. You deserve a win one day soon. Lots of strong players out there now, and this is my busy time of year being in heating and cooling. I will do my best to just stay relevant for now. Congrats to all on top. I will play my 50 troops above all first. Arena second. Hope to get time one week to make a significant run. Again... congrats and love to see a variety of defense for once.

Peace.... ☮️

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Skynyrdoo7 View Post
    This is why I also sit back for now. A time will come my friend. You deserve a win one day soon. Lots of strong players out there now, and this is my busy time of year being in heating and cooling. I will do my best to just stay relevant for now. Congrats to all on top. I will play my 50 troops above all first. Arena second. Hope to get time one week to make a significant run. Again... congrats and love to see a variety of defense for once.

Peace.... ☮️
    I will support you in any possible way when you will try a run and hopefully win!

" There's a time to live, and a time to die, when it's time to meet the Maker, there's a time to live, but isn't it strange? that as soon as your born you're dying!"

OS
    Android
    wow doing 1000+ attacks is a lot of work, and i feel sorry for you it doesn't pay out. but congrats to the great 2nd place nontheless (an congrats to jofer, carlos and the other great players out there ofc).
    once you start to attack like a madman you will get attacked back like mad too, that'S really making it hard to climb that much, but OTOH i cannot see another approach that makes sense. i think the atk/def ratio approach ist much more fair than before. and arena feels better now.

for me it's was ugly to realize, that there are simply players who can outperform you no matter what. i have respect for every single eternal, since i can imagine how hard that is. the whole accusation and panic is ridiculous, some guys are simply better and are willing to invest more time/resources and effort.

that's why i try to keep my play/life balance in a good ratio and play only the free sow i get and to get top 25/50 every week with it. that's enough for me and this is quite stressfull too with all the troopers and the other oligations.

but don't let it demotivate you too much since it's all about permanently learning and trying to get better every day.

don't be a mofo and join the mofos.

if you are interested in joining one of the top 5 clans in lotb, contact me and we can start the negotiation. we are full atm but we can put you on the mofo list if you like.

OS
    Android
    I am not demotivated I love the game too much I just think there is still work.to be done by the debs to get Arena more enjoyable.
    I think the efforts you have to put to.try to win are actually too many, even compared to the ones you have to put even to get in the top 5/10.

The very much 4 the congratulations.

My efforts have been somehow paid. I got awesome drops the last night.
    My collectionist ego is very happy!!
    Eternity Eddie and Rainmaker at once....what more to ask for? ( maybe that damn Prisoner I never drop !!! Lol)

Banned
    OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel666 View Post
    I am not demotivated I love the game too much I just think there is still work.to be done by the debs to get Arena more enjoyable.
    I think the efforts you have to put to.try to win are actually too many, even compared to the ones you have to put even to get in the top 5/10.

The very much 4 the congratulations.

My efforts have been somehow paid. I got awesome drops the last night.
    My collectionist ego is very happy!!
    Eternity Eddie and Rainmaker at once....what more to ask for? ( maybe that damn Prisoner I never drop !!! Lol)
    The effort is tied to the effort of other players, not so much the system in itself. If I wouldn't have played you might have won. It's the real reason why Sky, etc are sitting back, they've tried to get in the ring with me and failed. Shaolin is case in point, I was thousands of points below him and he absolutely freaked out, you'd think he saw a ghost. As long as there are people like me, being the best won't be handed to you just because you want it. Not bashing anyone, just some truth.

The average joe will never be able to knock out Mike Tyson with effort alone, they could train all day everyday. Strategy and skill play the biggest role. I had half of your attacks and won, so effort isn't really the issue with you guys. This is a global game, everyone on the planet can play if they have the means. This is the nature of video games, being the best at any of them is HARD.

It's gonna be fun to watch the celebration when I leave, all you kids can finally come out to play. At least I showed you what the heart of a champion looks like.

And grats on your pulls, happy you could find a silver lining this week, you've always been cool to me so that was nice to see. Cheers to you hitting Eternal soon.

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofer16 View Post
    The effort is tied to the effort of other players, not so much the system in itself... Strategy and skill play the biggest role. I had half of your attacks and won, so effort isn't really the issue with you guys.
    First - since this thread is already set - I'm going to use this as a means to hand off any type of weekly PvP thread. I'm feeling a little burnt out - events and so on help - but with summer fun there are simply better things to do right now. Those threads started as a dare from those complaining about the Prisoner so I wanted to provide transparency about his effect - and they helped better elucidate the crazy point system along the way - but i think have run their course. Perhaps the need will arise once again - but for now I'm taking a break. Anyone who wants to continue if they'd like to keep tracking is welcome.

Second - I have to agree with Jofer here - the way to approach this game consistently changes - and he who figures it out has a huge advantage. All else equal - assuming two players have top tier rosters, decent defense, and win most of their battles - timing is everything. There was a point where simply playing a ton was enough - but those days are gone. Rising to the top early in this environment - as has been proven the last two weeks - can be a fools game (though Killhouse did it well). Heck, a few weeks ago i finished near the top with just over 100 attacks by simply staging things the right way. Its a matter of balancing the best time to make a move - because it's easy to rise when you're down low - and then playing enough to maintain it. Jofer obviously has his timing down - and as proven in the days where sheer bashing was enough - can then shred through lists to maintain that lead after he rises.

And I absolutely agree Eternal shouldn't be handed off or "delegated". It's simply a matter of combining all the elements - a good offense - solid defense - speed - and timing. If any of those are missing - you're not going to grab Eternal.

Congrats to the top three!
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicko View Post
    First - since this thread is already set - I'm going to use this as a means to hand off any type of weekly PvP thread. I'm feeling a little burnt out - events and so on help - but with summer fun there are simply better things to do right now. Those threads started as a dare from those complaining about the Prisoner so I wanted to provide transparency about his effect - and they helped better elucidate the crazy point system along the way - but i think have run their course. Perhaps the need will arise once again - but for now I'm taking a break. Anyone who wants to continue if they'd like to keep tracking is welcome.

Second - I have to agree with Jofer here - the way to approach this game consistently changes - and he who figures it out has a huge advantage. All else equal - assuming two players have top tier rosters, decent defense, and win most of their battles - timing is everything. There was a point where simply playing a ton was enough - but those days are gone. Rising to the top early in this environment - as has been proven the last two weeks - can be a fools game (though Killhouse did it well). Heck, a few weeks ago i finished near the top with just over 100 attacks by simply staging things the right way. Its a matter of balancing the best time to make a move - because it's easy to rise when you're down low - and then playing enough to maintain it. Jofer obviously has his timing down - and as proven in the days where sheer bashing was enough - can then shred through lists to maintain that lead after he rises.

And I absolutely agree Eternal shouldn't be handed off or "delegated". It's simply a matter of combining all the elements - a good offense - solid defense - speed - and timing. If any of those are missing - you're not going to grab Eternal.

Congrats to the top three!
    Gunna miss ur posts!!! But yeah, enjoy the summer!!!
    Those that can...do
    Those that can't...teach
    Silentknight-4997, # of times laid since July/16...lots!!!
    Hahahaha, pathetic that some have to sell themselves as troopers