View Poll Results: Pick your best Sentinel Eddie for PVP offense!

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pharaoh Eddie

16 44.44%
  • Viking Eddie

11 30.56%
  • Visions Eddie

6 16.67%
  • FOTD Eddie

2 5.56%
  • Mummy Eddie

1 2.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OS
    Android

Sentinel Eddies : Which is the best for offense on PVP?

I am thinking about maxing one of my Sentinel Eddies. Due to Immortal Event, i have collected all Sentinel Eddies. I find myself between Pharaoh and Viking, but some players may have different experiences with the other ones.

So.. What is your favourite Sentinel Eddie for offense on PVP and why?

Any experience would be appreciated guys!
    "Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus - Into the eyes of the night, watching me go..
    Green is the cat's eye that glows, in this temple.. Enter the risen Osiris! Risen again!"

Lyrics: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

OS
    Android
    Hi,

I do not know if many people maxed all sentinel Eddies
    Or even owned them all.

On my side I only maxed long time ago a Mummy.
    I did not have Vision.
    So I wonder who is the best between Viking and Pharaoh.

If I go for a ranking from my own feeling:
    - FOTD Eddie I do not encounter it that much and did not play it at all, looks to much as def side without
    - Mummy, I think, is a good investment but if you earn Visions it is quite a beast, but multiple target attack + team clean is quite powerful.
    - Pharaoh: More a DEF Eddie, with Revive and Fury but he is not so great on attack side.
    - Viking: AFAIC it looks as the second best behind Visions but it miss a clean ability to be OP :] Many good abilities and hit like a truck.
    - Vision: So much good things here: Remove effect (bad on team, good on other), so great Fury.
    I use all my troopers every day, list closed
    zdm-1083

OS
    Android
    As a maxed pharaoh user ill disagree
    Pharaoh hit between 5-10k true damage with basic attack and 10-16k with fury and give whole team invincible. Then the team can heal or whatever to come back.
    His revive is used both as a heal and revive skill. Heals for 6k and revive friends with ok health.
    Even tho he is a single target hitter he is good in some teams. I use him all the time and change toons depending on enemies.
    39k health is a lot to take down.

I do not have the others maxed but visions deal very little damage so he is more useful for his skills that can trigger. So go with him if chances for triggers increase.

Mummy and fotd is kind of the same situation as visions. They are useful for their utility not damage.

Viking have i never got my hands on but he is up there with pharaoh. Fury freeze kind of work the same as pharaohs. Viking do hit aoe and pretty hard too and he heals better than pharaoh.

Tough choice but it mostly depend on what role to fill in the rest of the team.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    iOS
    Viking
    Pharaoh
    FOTD

would be my order of who to shard first.

Viking is very good at taking down single targets, and is an overall asset on both offense and defense. Currently working on viking myself, twelve shards remaining - you know maxing rainmaker has left me in a drought of skill shards ever since

If I had pharaoh he would be next. I hear quite a few top players use him on offense; I think for his revive & heal all ability.

The rare times I do be seeing FOTD, it's usually in a team very well thought of and I gotta say, he can be terrifying. He blinds, lowers accuracy and heals all allies with his fury. It's fair to say you have to carefully pick your team when facing a defense with his face on it!

Mummy and visions aren't worth talking about here.

BTW: I believe you should reword your poll, visions eddie may be one of the better sentinels but I would place him at the bottom in terms of skill shard worthiness.
    mammy-7388

OS
    Android
    Yup i would probably list them as hypnos did as well.
    Browno-3535
    Fully sharded Eddies:
    Aces High, Cyborg, Tailgunner, Navigator, Soldier, Pharaoh, Viking, FOTD, Vampire Hunter, Rainmaker, Eternity, Samurai, Shaman, Trooper, 7th son,Grim Reaper, Edward the great, Mystic, Carriage Rider, Run to the Hills, Mummy

OS
    Android
    Voted VE by mistake, ofcourse wanted to vote Viking, and agree to what Hypnos said
    _______ 💀 Tom-7714 💀 ___________

___________ | CLAN | __________

👹 The Mofo Cult 👹

OS
    iOS
    I have Viking but unsharded and therefore I haven't tried him on offense, but I find Pharaoh way more suitable for offense than VE for the reasons mentioned by Browno. All ally revive for 6 power turned the tide of battle in favor of me many times.

Before the introduction of strike talismans, I was using AGS for its endure. I won the fight at that state seen below. Used Pharaoh to revive, AGS to endure and then just hack & slash
    Name:  IMG_2252.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  74.9 KB
    Enti-2694

OS
    Android
    I would go with pharaoh as resurrection and the special move can be very useful in a pvp battle

" There's a time to live, and a time to die, when it's time to meet the Maker, there's a time to live, but isn't it strange? that as soon as your born you're dying!"

OS
    iOS
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    Viking

Viking is very good at taking down single targets, and is an overall asset on both offense and defense.
    Viking is an asset on defense all right. To the attacker. The moron casts Call to Arms way too often when he should be attacking.

Great well-rounded Eddie - but horrible AI
    Nicko-0517

OS
    Android
    I agree with Nicko. I've fought a few Vikings and his AI is nothing to write home about. He does surprisingly good damage when sharded though!

Pharaoh is always a nice option with his Revive. He seems all right on defense, but he's probably better with a good team (and not AI) backing him

Visions is interesting; because of his low offense he doesn't really come off as a threat while he opens the way for the other toons to murder you while removing your buffs and his heal/Cleanse. He looks quite good on defense and with the right team he probably works on offense too! He doesn't really need Shards either which is nice (though a few in Equilibrium would not hurt)

I can count FotD defenses I've seen on one hand.

As for Mummy, as the resident Mummy guy I think I should say something about him. Mummy had two main advantages in a PVP environment: AoE taunting with Burden of the Damned, and Cleansing with Sacred Sanction. Unfortunately Visions' Equilibrium is probably better than Sacred Sanction since Equilibrium got fixed, and Visions' Take gives him more versatility than Mummy does with BotD.
    Mummy can still be nice in the right team (read: stun/tauntfest), although that strategy hasn't been that good anymore. Mummy still rips up the lower ranks (as in Acolyte III- Duellist II) though!

EDIT: I did win a fight with Mummy earlier today though... if only because the other guy had two blue guys in the team, Navigator failed twice against it and Mummy was my only other sharded Eddie
    Last edited by Kardas; 06-12-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    Soldier blue in the barren wastes
    Reflecting and shielding's a game
    Wrecking the Axis and wasting the dogs
    The only good demons are tame

Kardas-1158. Retired